Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 2408 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868755 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36060 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:08:17 »

Ah maybe that was where I first got the idea then. Apologies if I subliminally pinched it, didn't mean to!
Sublime away MrD Smiley , I am sure I am not by any means the only one to have mentioned it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36061 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:14:42 »

2 more ‘rumours’. Sam Winnall and Shay McCartan
We seem to be being linked with a lot of ex Lincoln players since lockdown.

Winnall would probably still get a Championship team I would imagine, decent track record though and would be a good signing if we could and at 29 is a prime age for a striker. Was, up till 2 weeks ago on very good money at Wednesday but is now a free agent.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36062 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:39:25 »

The EFL aren’t, per se, a governing body - they are an amalgam of the club’s themselves. They can only act on the club’s wishes. Which is why every damn thing has to go to a vote.
Only rule changes. The EFL do act* as a governing body for the League members to enforce the existing rules.

* Sorry, "are supposed to act". If only they did!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36063 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 18:05:31 »

True that, and then proclaim their innocence.

Of course your honour....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36064 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 20:31:36 »

Rotherham journo says we havent bid for Yates. Only Blackpool
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36065 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 21:44:20 »

Is it Nixon wearing a bump cap and carrying a canary?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36066 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 21:44:26 »

What, we’ve put in an offer for ALL the Blackpool squad? Wow, just wow. Hang on, any of them any good?
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #36067 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 22:13:42 »

In Rotherham adver, no bid from Swindon for Yates. Blackpool fans very smug about it at the minute
Flashheart

« Reply #36068 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 22:26:01 »

Don't forget that Wellens likes to play with us.

Also, is the Rotherham manager not Wellens' mate, and helped with some transfer shithousery in our favour in the last window?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36069 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 22:36:11 »

Also, is the Rotherham manager not Wellens' mate, and helped with some transfer shithousery in our favour in the last window?

Yes, I had this in my mind which is why I made the ''Nixon dressed as a Miner'' reference.

I'm certain this was regarding the ''no more than 2 clubs rule''. When Yates got recalled, other clubs were interested but if he played for Rotherham, he could only return to Town. The not from New York City manager, Warne brought Yates on for them in some nondescript midweek match (I recall) in the last couple of mins. Several days later...he was back here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36070 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 08:35:47 »

And don't forget that Yates actively wants to come here and has not expressed a desire to go to Blackpool, understandable of course.

I can't see yates rushing into anything without weighing up ALL of his options including staying at Rotherham and seeing out his contract and then be loaned back out again.

If he doesn't want to go to Blackpool he can refuse to speak to them even and push a move through to Swindon.

Warne does get on very well with Wellens so there could well be a "masked bid" in place from us that is not being made public Wink

Again though, if it came down to it and Yates does choose to go to them, then good luck to him, he would probably be 3rd choice striker at best or be made to play as a winger as he was at Rotherham.

That was one reason he choose to leave them to join us because he prefers to play as a 2nd striker who drifts wide rather than being stuck out wide all the time.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36071 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 08:51:29 »

And he will also probably see that Doyle moving on gives him the prime spot to be the main man up front for us..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #36072 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:49:50 »

And don't forget that Yates actively wants to come here and has not expressed a desire to go to Blackpool, understandable of course.

I can't see yates rushing into anything without weighing up ALL of his options including staying at Rotherham and seeing out his contract and then be loaned back out again.

If he doesn't want to go to Blackpool he can refuse to speak to them even and push a move through to Swindon.

Warne does get on very well with Wellens so there could well be a "masked bid" in place from us that is not being made public Wink

Again though, if it came down to it and Yates does choose to go to them, then good luck to him, he would probably be 3rd choice striker at best or be made to play as a winger as he was at Rotherham.

That was one reason he choose to leave them to join us because he prefers to play as a 2nd striker who drifts wide rather than being stuck out wide all the time.

Possibly, but Blackpool's front line last year was Gnanduillet who is leaving, Delfouneso who scored 3, Nuttall who scored 2 and Madine who scored 2. Unless they bring in somebody else, they'd be mad not to put Yates up top... if they sign him.
Flashheart

« Reply #36073 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 09:52:06 »

Doesn't sound like a good place for a striker to be.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36074 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:08:44 »

They do have an abundance of strikers already at the club are Delfouneso who at 29 will want to play in every game, Gary Madine who is first choice aged 29 as well, Ewan Bange a young striker, Oliver Sarkic a 22 year old striker just joined from Burton, Jamie Devitt who is similar in style to Keshi, Ryan Hardie who was on loan at Plymouth aged 23, Joe Nuttal aged 23 played in almost every game for them last season and Adi Yussuf a 28 year old striker who signed for them last season. Add to that Keshi who says he prefers to play in a more forward position then thats 9 players vying for a max of 3 or 4 starting slots.

Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 2408 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: