Pages: 1 ... 2400 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 2406 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8941826 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36030 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 12:53:27 »

Do Blackpool have money now? Their attendances were not much higher than ours last season and we were in a league below them.
They seem to be "trying" to sign any player that is available, reminds me a lot of Mansfield were this last season.

Exeters Randell Williams now linked to Blackpool.

Blackpool fans on Jerry Yates....They seem to know our club finances way better than anyone at the club know them!
Hopefully we land him cant see Swindon having the money to land him and as Alan Nixon stated Rotherham were close to accepting our offer and said that Swindon dont have any money to buy players

I’d imagine we’ll be able to beat Swindon on wages. I wonder if Anderson can entice him?

Swindon want to pay in installments. Our offer is more than they can afford and I imagine includes add ons and a percentage of any future sale.

Swindon can't afford him. End of. He has a, choice right now. Sign for us or stay at Rotherham and not play.

Allegedly abroad with some of his Swindon teammates from last year. If true looks like it could be even tougher for us to get this one over the line.

Nixon stated tonight that Swindon cant afford any players at the minute and Rothetham need cash quickly so I think that Yates will be a Pool player soon just my opinion

And how wide of the mark can you be?
Looking at his goals, he seems a bit of an opportunist who just hangs around the box and has a shot when he can

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36031 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 13:19:52 »

To be fair, half of Swindon Town's fan base knew everything about Bolton Wanderers' bank balance a week or so ago.

As far as we're concerned, it's simply down to whether Rotherham are happy to considered a structured bid from or not. Otherwise, we move on.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #36032 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 14:18:02 »

You have to love it when somebody writes "End of." Oh my

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36033 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 14:24:20 »

One thing that over this Summer so far has especially become clear.

Football fans of lower league clubs, to a man, take the word of 1 football journalist, Alan Nixon, as being the absolute gospel when it comes to clubs finances and new signings and he never ever shows any proof of his suggestions, but because he works for a "reputable" rag then what he says must be true.

Yes of course he has connections, far more than any of us ever would have, thats pretty obvious, and so it should be doing the job he is doing but by no means is everything he says correct.

He is obviously fed stuff by players agents and sometimes these agents have axes to grind against certain clubs/owners so I don't think by any means should we believe everything he says, yet some fans do.

It should no longer be "football rumours" it should be "Nixons rumours".

kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #36034 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 14:52:02 »

Based on absolutely zero knowledge and going on what Wellens said on the "celebratory bus tour" the other day, together with a large dose of gut feel I am forecasting the following:

New signings - Yates ( he will put career development under RW before money imo) and Donahue (if he's a good boy)
New contracts agreed - Grant (close according to RW), Fryers and McCormick ( good back up).
New contracts rejected - Isgrove (greedy agent may influence him if gets better offer elsewhere), Woolery ( probably feels he needs a fresh chance elsewhere and not appreciated by the fan base a la Keshi), Iandolo (offered more elsewhere and not likely to be 1st choice for us) and Rose (not a priority for RW with Grant likely to sign).

Feel that DJ is likely  to be picked up higher up the food chain.

On balance, I would be happy with this, with Yates being the key signing for me.  Donahue, Caddis, Hunt and Fryers provide full back options. Baudry, Conroy, Broadbent and Fryers (as cover) central defence. Grant, Doughty, Lyden and Palmer midfield so fairly strong. Yates and Hope up front, where clearly we will initially be very short on options.

Will need to recruit a 1st choice keeper (Benda - more likely if Swansea go up to Prem), 1 central defender (REG - more likely if Huddersfield stay in Champ) 2 wide forwards ( to replace Woolery and DJ - maybe Muskwe will be 1) and another centre forward  and will have the basis of a decent squad at LG1 level. Will have a smaller squad than last year as RW admitted we recruited Hope and Muskwe as weren't certain of keeping Doyle and Yates in January.

All pure conjecture of course at this stage.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36035 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 15:10:57 »

I agree with pretty much all of that for the same reasons TBH.

Panda Paws

« Reply #36036 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 15:14:18 »

Based on absolutely zero knowledge and going on what Wellens said on the "celebratory bus tour" the other day, together with a large dose of gut feel I am forecasting the following:

New signings - Yates ( he will put career development under RW before money imo) and Donahue (if he's a good boy)
New contracts agreed - Grant (close according to RW), Fryers and McCormick ( good back up).
New contracts rejected - Isgrove (greedy agent may influence him if gets better offer elsewhere), Woolery ( probably feels he needs a fresh chance elsewhere and not appreciated by the fan base a la Keshi), Iandolo (offered more elsewhere and not likely to be 1st choice for us) and Rose (not a priority for RW with Grant likely to sign).

Feel that DJ is likely  to be picked up higher up the food chain.

On balance, I would be happy with this, with Yates being the key signing for me.  Donahue, Caddis, Hunt and Fryers provide full back options. Baudry, Conroy, Broadbent and Fryers (as cover) central defence. Grant, Doughty, Lyden and Palmer midfield so fairly strong. Yates and Hope up front, where clearly we will initially be very short on options.

Will need to recruit a 1st choice keeper (Benda - more likely if Swansea go up to Prem), 1 central defender (REG - more likely if Huddersfield stay in Champ) 2 wide forwards ( to replace Woolery and DJ - maybe Muskwe will be 1) and another centre forward  and will have the basis of a decent squad at LG1 level. Will have a smaller squad than last year as RW admitted we recruited Hope and Muskwe as weren't certain of keeping Doyle and Yates in January.

I don't think you'll be too far off with this. I think Isgrove stays though. Don't see him being inundated with offers from elsewhere. One half-decent season in L2 after a couple of very injury-hit seasons.

Also, we should be careful not to spend early. Of course we have an affinity with this squad, but good players are going to be available much cheaper than before given everything that's gone on. RW eluded to this on the radio last week. Keep your powder dry, and there's value at the back end of the window. More this year than ever before.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36037 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 18:10:32 »

Feel that DJ is likely  to be picked up higher up the food chain.

On balance, I would be happy with this, with Yates being the key signing for me.  Donahue, Caddis, Hunt and Fryers provide full back options. Baudry, Conroy, Broadbent and Fryers (as cover) central defence. Grant, Doughty, Lyden and Palmer midfield so fairly strong. Yates and Hope up front, where clearly we will initially be very short on options.

Will need to recruit a 1st choice keeper (Benda - more likely if Swansea go up to Prem), 1 central defender (REG - more likely if Huddersfield stay in Champ) 2 wide forwards ( to replace Woolery and DJ - maybe Muskwe will be 1) and another centre forward  and will have the basis of a decent squad at LG1 level. Will have a smaller squad than last year as RW admitted we recruited Hope and Muskwe as weren't certain of keeping Doyle and Yates in January.

Conjecture it may be, but it sounds fairly convincing to me. I hope you're wrong about Rose, but can't argue your reasoning. I think Wellens will have one or two suprises up his sleeve as well, like Hunt (and Doyle for that matter) last season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36038 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 18:24:43 »

Pure conjecture is all we have right now (or at any time I suppose)...but I would largely go along with that. I think I'd be quite surprised if Iandolo went though...

Edit: Would also be very disappointed to lose Rose - hope that doesn't happen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36039 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:10:32 »

Lack of rumours at the moment so I’ll put up one I saw which was dismissed by Nixon

Kane Hemmings - ex piss stain, now at Dundee who are about to break his contract.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36040 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:23:04 »

Lack of rumours at the moment so I’ll put up one I saw which was dismissed by Nixon

Kane Hemmings - ex piss stain, now at Dundee who are about to break his contract.
Ah the old Kane Hemmings rumour, the rumour than keeps on giving, he must be linked every transfer window!

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36041 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:44:55 »

I guess the latest transfer window news should simmer *some* expectations over the next fortnight.

The Premier League and English Football League summer transfer windows will be open for 10 weeks between 27 July and 5 October, subject to Fifa approval.

In addition, the Premier League and EFL say there will be a domestic-only window between 5-16 October.

"During this window, clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations)," said a Premier League statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53417773
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36042 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 10:54:55 »

without a start date I'm not sure whether to be relaxed or worried.

I suspect the former, it's not likely to be until September is it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36043 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:10:01 »

without a start date I'm not sure whether to be relaxed or worried.

I suspect the former, it's not likely to be until September is it.
Yeah there are a LOT of out of contract players out there, I am sure Wellens has his target pencilled in, even if we miss out on some like Yates I am sure we will get in suitable players of a similar standard.

I still think its a risky business signing a player for money (and good money too) like Yates under the current circumstances.

Blackpool seem to bandying around money without even a start date for the season yet too, a strategy that appeases fans but seems financially illogical to me at the moment.

I fully understand why Power has offered a structured deal, I wouldnt want him putting us in any financial danger just to sign a single target, when the free transfer market is full of comparable ones for no outlay.

As for the season start, I expect it to be mid September if not even early October.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36044 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 11:14:40 »

Read somewhere that clubs are planning to return to training either next week or the week after
Pages: 1 ... 2400 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 2406 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: