Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 2402 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8972086 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35970 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 05:50:42 »

So, was anything announced at 5pm yesterday as suggested,  seems to have all gone quiet.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #35971 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 05:56:13 »

I'm really looking forward to a rumour or fact about a decent goalkeeper to replace the excellent Benda, who had a lot to do with our winning the title.

ust be the oldest
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #35972 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 07:30:25 »

So, was anything announced at 5pm yesterday as suggested,  seems to have all gone quiet.

The shirt unveiling.
A player announcement was more of an assumption of a few fans, it wasn't suggested by the club.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #35973 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 07:33:12 »

So Doyle has gone to BW, well on the bright side he won’t be scoring goals against us next season unless we meet Blackpool in any cup competitions.
You reckon they'll sign him on loan from Bolton then?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35974 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 07:39:13 »

You reckon they'll sign him on loan from Bolton then?
Maybe that's why he signed? Does the contract allow him to play for and take an income from any club that begins with B? Maybe that's why we couldn't compete? Say what you want about Power, at least he wasn't going to let us be pressurised into renaming to Bwindon Town.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35975 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:14:56 »

Just a quick note to say that I was touched by the advice in earlier posts.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35976 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:27:40 »

I'd have done the same.
In exactly the same situation I think everybody would do exactly as he did, good luck to him, decent final payday, at least we don't have to face him next season in the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35977 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:33:15 »

I'm really looking forward to a rumour or fact about a decent goalkeeper to replace the excellent Benda, who had a lot to do with our winning the title.
As I mentioned last week, I am hoping Swansea can get into and win the play offs and get promotion to the Premiership.

There is no way they will bloody a young keeper in that league and be forced to edge him further down the pecking order leaving him open to a return loan to us.

After last nights defeat for Cardiff it means that a win for Swansea tomorrow vs Lids will put them into the final play off spot with 3 games left, they are just 1 point behind Cardiff with a game in hand currently.

Might happen Wink

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35978 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:39:51 »

In exactly the same situation I think everybody would do exactly as he did, good luck to him, decent final payday, at least we don't have to face him next season in the league.

3 years.
Closer to home.
More money.

All sounds good and understandable why he signed.

However, are Bolton going to be able to honour what he’s signed? Is it not a bit of a gamble signing for a club with such a poor recent financial history.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35979 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:46:30 »

However, are Bolton going to be able to honour what he’s signed? Is it not a bit of a gamble signing for a club with such a poor recent financial history.
This point is a very important part, the same applies to every player they sign currently, for all we know they may have the funding in pace to support his contract but just as easily they could well be still teetering on the edge of the financial precipice essentially making his contract not worth the paper its written on.

Otherwise yes its a total no brainer for him, and good luck to him.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35980 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:48:53 »

Is that not the case for most EFL clubs? If LP is right, many clubs may not be able to honour their obligations in a few months' time.

Nothing to see here

Ignore
« Reply #35981 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:54:54 »

What terms did Swindon offer Doyle?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35982 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:59:38 »

What terms did Swindon offer Doyle?
Unlikely we will ever find out but I heard they were reduced from what he was on last season, we definately made him 2 offers both of which were refused and we know that Bolton at least offered similar terms, or a fair bit more if Wellens is to be believed.

I am not entirely certain I take Wellens words about contracts as gospel, partly that could be not showing your hand to other selling/buying clubs.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35983 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 09:12:23 »

Can’t imagine either Mansfield or Salford offered him peanuts so it must have been a decent wedge - plus the 3 years.

Glad we never broke the bank to sign him, tbh.

Thought Grant was close to agreeing a new deal.

Ignore
« Reply #35984 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 09:13:47 »

Unlikely we will ever find out but I heard they were reduced from what he was on last season, we definately made him 2 offers both of which were refused and we know that Bolton at least offered similar terms, or a fair bit more if Wellens is to be believed.

I am not entirely certain I take Wellens words about contracts as gospel, partly that could be not showing your hand to other selling/buying clubs.

Think it's a shame he's gone. I get the logistics, family, wages, contract length etc are good reasons to leave but would have liked him to stay. Surely he must leave with a heavy heart and some regret considering he's dropped back down a division after firing another club into the one above.
Pages: 1 ... 2396 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 2402 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: