Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 2385 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867343 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35715 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:26:05 »

In his last 10 starts (4 for Bradford and 6 for Swindon), he failed to find the net in nine of those games.

There's the answer then. We can live without him. Was his season with us a one off? Who knows. Move on, water under the bridge and all that.

I am pretty sure Wellens will have someone in mind.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35716 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:30:04 »

3 years at his age. Easy to see why he went for it.

I wish him the best.
Absolutely this, fair play and good luck, thats a massive deal at his age.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35717 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:44:19 »

Well if that's true then a) would be mad for him to turn down and b) great that Bolton have learned the lesson of their financial difficulties

So...

£200k a year from a team that last week were apparently scrabbling about  down the back of the settee to find £150k to compensate for Evatt, to a player who will be 35 at the end of the contract.

Good luck to him, Doyle must have one hell of an Agent!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35718 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:44:48 »

How many goals did Doyle score after his return from Bradford?

How many goals did Doyle score before his first loan from Bradford? (11 in 55 over 2 seasons).

He's been a bit patchy doing well for us, Oldham and Chesterfield.

When he clicks, he clicks. He'll be a big loss but we simply can't break the bank/wage structure for him. Gutted but it is what it is.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35719 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 08:53:53 »

Bolton fans seem as surprised at an (allegedly) very high wage for L2 and with his age, but they seem sure that Evatt can get him scoring, as mentioned above - like they have seen much of his style while at Barrowcelona.

With all signings he could be great he could be shit he could be average, right player, right team, right style, right manager, right time.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #35720 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:01:01 »

How many goals did Doyle score before his first loan from Bradford? (11 in 55 over 2 seasons).

He's been a bit patchy doing well for us, Oldham and Chesterfield.

When he clicks, he clicks. He'll be a big loss but we simply can't break the bank/wage structure for him. Gutted but it is what it is.

And that goes for any player. We can’t break the bank. If most of L1 are really after DJ, suspect we’ll see a similar outcome if he is driven by £££ - but so long as we can keep RW, I’m confident that whoever he brings in, we’ll have new names that we’ve never heard of that turn into gems.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:02:44 by Frigby Daser » Logged
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #35721 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:33:14 »

Good luck to Eoin, he’s made no secret of wanting as good a final pay day as possible and we had a fantastic,albeit curtailed, season with him. Personally I would like to see us sign a younger player with potential sell on value such as Yates although I can see Eion back on loan with us in January if it goes tits up at Bolton if indeed that’s where he ends up
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35722 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 09:53:53 »

And that goes for any player. We can’t break the bank. If most of L1 are really after DJ, suspect we’ll see a similar outcome if he is driven by £££ - but so long as we can keep RW, I’m confident that whoever he brings in, we’ll have new names that we’ve never heard of that turn into gems.

If we can’t break the bank - there aren’t going to be many clubs that can.

Plus, DJ is at the complete opposite end of his career to Doyle. He’d be much better off taking a lower wage but playing for a manager / team who know him, he knows and who rate him.

Not that his agent would give him that advice in a million years
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35723 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:21:30 »

If that offer of 4k a week on a 3 year contract is accurate then its a bit of a no-brainer for Doyle for him and his families financial future and he gets a Northern club that is huge for this level.

If Evatt can utilise him as Wellens did rather than how Bradford used him then he'll get goals. He is a good L2 striker, that is probably patchy at best at a higher level. At 32 a 2 year deal was more than sensible but Bolton had to push the boat out to get him and so fair play to them.

As others have said, if we can use the money to go for Yates I think we get a far more rounded footballer that can also score goals in the box as well as create goals from nothing - which in my eyes Doyle can't do. Get both Yates and DJ and we are very much in business.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35724 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:23:18 »

They’re also signing Sarcevic who has turned down a new deal at Plymouth.

He won’t come cheap either.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #35725 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:33:40 »

If we can’t break the bank - there aren’t going to be many clubs that can.

Plus, DJ is at the complete opposite end of his career to Doyle. He’d be much better off taking a lower wage but playing for a manager / team who know him, he knows and who rate him.

Not that his agent would give him that advice in a million years

I think Richie will tell him, give me two years and one way or another you'll be in the championship. As such I'd be a little disappointed if we don't sign him, so long as the competition is largely at our level.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #35726 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:35:32 »

They’re also signing Sarcevic who has turned down a new deal at Plymouth.

He won’t come cheap either.

Salford - surprise, surprise - also linked

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35727 on: Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:40:35 »

I think Richie will tell him, give me two years and one way or another you'll be in the championship. As such I'd be a little disappointed if we don't sign him, so long as the competition is largely at our level.
I think hes nowhere near good enough yet for the Championship and would be considered a risk for teams in that league to sign for a the 1st team.

That said they could sign him as a future prospect and loan him out again which would put us in a good position if he was loaned as L1 would be his probably destination.

Hes raw, but was bags of potential and some of the best close control I have seen in any Town player ever, if he continues to improve and can add a final ball to his arsenal then he will be a great asset.

I doubt many clubs in L1 will be able to match our offer as the wage cap looming most of the bigger ones will be weeding out the deadwood whereas the budget will be £700k more than ours was last season and with Doyle, Yates and Keshi off the books so far that gives us some financial breathing space for new signings. Even if Yates does come back thats still 2 good size wages less.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35728 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 09:07:46 »

Some twitter rumouraccount reckons we have had a bid of 350k accepted for Yates
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35729 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 09:09:19 »

Some twitter rumouraccount reckons we have had a bid of 350k accepted for Yates

If that is true, then Wellens obviously rates Yates over Doyle. Hairy Muff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 2385 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: