Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 2383 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8962101 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35685 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 13:35:40 »

I’m guessing he’s looking for £4-5k pw and a 2 year contract.

No thanks.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35686 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 13:38:17 »

DJ attracting interest from "most of League 1" apparently.

https://the72.co.uk/177701/swindon-town-and-most-of-league-one-in-chase-for-ex-norwich-city-starlet/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35687 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 14:49:18 »

I’m talking enjoying your football, I get the money and all that but if Evatt gets sacked and he ends up in another Bradford situation for the remainder of his career then it’s not all roses. There’s a balance between getting top dollar and enjoying what you do but each to their own I guess.

Pretty certain Doyle is just looking to coin it. He's made no secret of that factor. I don't think he's fussed if his final 2 or 3 years peter out going by what he has said. His "out on a high" was with us (even if muted by Covid-19).

Doyle is creating his own exit strategy from football. He has the business on the go to tick over too. Doesn't appear to be the wasteful type so is probably stashing the wages. Will probably pick up some comms/pundit work afterwards too. No one can really deny him a strategy like that, since he has been completely honest about it.

The one thing I find a little odd is when people talk about travel...we all know that Doyle will eventually move back towards Dublin, he has mentioned as much. Well Swindon isn't far from Bristol and you can get pretty cheap flights from BRS - DUB. In theory he could be in Dublin in about 2hrs (inc driving). Last time I checked it's quicker than travelling up to the NW in a car. Surely if the plan is to move back to Dubbers and concentrate on the business;

Doyle: We obviously want to grow the business. From this last couple of weeks, myself and Ciara (Doyle’s wife) are even more adamant that we are going to be moving home as soon as possible.

The long-term focus would definitely be to move home and get my hands on it and try grow it at a quicker rate maybe, which can’t really happen with me being over here.

He said the above in an interview published end of March. It would make more sense for him to move his wife and kids over to Dublin, see his career out at Town, whilst being able to commute in a more efficient time (1hr flight, c£30) and then join his family in Dublin once his contract ends. I can't see (from a personal, not a fan view) how if say Bolton or Salford offered him 1yr (with an option year) on £5k pw (potential £520k) would be worth all that upheaval if we are willing to offer him something like £4.75k pw (pot. £500k) on similar terms. Something like an extra £20k spread over 2yrs wouldn't be enough to budge me if I already had an exit strategy and was on or being offered a similar amount at a place I was relatively comfortable at.

It'll all come out in the Terry Towelling Nappies.

From March: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18338905.swindon-town-striker-eoin-doyle-keen-move-back-dublin-soon-possible-order-help-childcare-business-thrive/

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #35688 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 14:50:22 »

Thanks for all the fish GP.

What about the chips?  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35689 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 14:58:16 »

Swindon to Dublin in 2 hours?

He wouldn’t even be on the plane within 2 hours of leaving Swindon
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35690 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:06:21 »

Liverpool to Dublin is quicker!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #35691 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:19:58 »

Swindon to Dublin in 2 hours?

He wouldn’t even be on the plane within 2 hours of leaving Swindon

'Could be in Dublin in about 2hrs.'

Flight is only about 55mins. I know I have when I've flown from East Mids to Dublin, initially travelling from just south of Chesterfield in a car (similar distance Swindon - BRS takes about 45mins). He wouldn't need a bag drop, he's not going for a holiday. Boarding generally closes 20mins before a flight.

If we want to be a pernickety cunt about times then even a 1hr flight an 1hr driving/taxi and 30mins of boarding time is still only 2hrs 30mins. The point being he could (on a good day) be there in about 2hrs. Regardless, even if it took 3hrs would still be quicker and cheaper than driving up to the NW. On some occasions  this would involve meeting his family and then flying over to Dublin from say Liverpool or Manc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #35692 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:22:52 »

Liverpool to Dublin is quicker!

Splitting fucking hairs. By about 5mins and all that depends on differing nose/tail winds. He's still got to get up there first. If your plan is to move back to Dublin, surely just move the wife and kids over there first, so they can settle and be around more family. Then join them later.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35693 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 15:30:46 »

I must be going to the wrong airports.

I’ve yet to experience even a simple domestic flight, which Dublin isn’t obviously, that doesn’t involve queues and sitting around in terminal/on plane

Maybe he could get a private jet
tans

Ignore
« Reply #35694 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 16:18:38 »

Some rumour account saying Nicky Maynard is our top target
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35695 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 16:52:38 »

Some rumour account saying Nicky Maynard is our top target
He has been training with Plymouth so it would not surprise me, he was Wellens number 1 target last season before he chose unwisely to join Mansfield.

Crewe considering an offer for the out of contract striker too, to make a return to his former club.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/nicky-maynard-crewe-alex-plymouth-18499007

Peter Venkman

« Reply #35696 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 17:04:31 »

Keeping an eye on Swansea results, they won today leaving them 4 points behind 6th place Cardiff with 5 games left.

If and its a big if, Swansea can get into the play offs and possibly win them then surely the chance of Benda being first choice keeper in the Premier League would be fairly slim and possibly allow him to rejoin us for another season on loan.

I know its straws being clutched at but if Swans go on a run now then it could be possible.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35697 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 17:11:32 »

He has been training with Plymouth so it would not surprise me, he was Wellens number 1 target last season before he chose unwisely to join Mansfield.

Crewe considering an offer for the out of contract striker too, to make a return to his former club.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/nicky-maynard-crewe-alex-plymouth-18499007
Didn't realise he's 33.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #35698 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 17:14:44 »

Keeping an eye on Swansea results, they won today leaving them 4 points behind 6th place Cardiff with 5 games left.

If and its a big if, Swansea can get into the play offs and possibly win them then surely the chance of Benda being first choice keeper in the Premier League would be fairly slim and possibly allow him to rejoin us for another season on loan.

I know its straws being clutched at but if Swans go on a run now then it could be possible.

I read somewhere that they are after Karl Darlow from Newcastle
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35699 on: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 17:21:22 »

I read somewhere that they are after Karl Darlow from Newcastle
They have got Woodman on loan from Newcastle already and hope to turn him into a perm signing, they must have a thing about Newcastle keepers.

I don't think Benda is ready for their first team yet but another season with us would be great for us, them and the player. Build his confidence as he is under contract still for another 2 season. Also he would be playing behind a defence he knows well already so that would be another huge bonus for him.

I can hope anyway, I think he will turn into a great keeper with the right grounding and step by step progression, keepers are pretty fragile and a slight drop in form or struggle to fins his feet at a new club and that could stop his progress he has already made with us.

Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 2383 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: