Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870126 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35550 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:15:13 »

Just on Woolery - getting this ahead of time before he follows... he's criminally underrated. Our best arial target when going long, highest number of assists in the side, so lethal on the counter and absolutely runs his bollocks off on the press. If you remember he's not a striker, he's one hell of a weapon at League 1/2 level.

We need powerful, direct runners in transition and if KW goes as well as Keshi, they're two that must be replaced.
I like Woolery, I can see an improvement in his this season, his heading and control have been excellet, if he is a winger though he badly need to work on his crossing, if he can learn to cross he will be a very good player.

He is very strong and fot, he can muscle defenders off the ball, his finishing is poor, although not as poor as Andersons is/was for me.

I think Wooolery is still learning and is still a good asset, just practice your crossing.

For me, I would rather keep Woolery than Anderson, but thats just my opinion of course.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35551 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:17:32 »

So, now Woolery seems as if he’s leaving as well, is it an exodus or canny planning
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #35552 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:20:30 »

So, now Woolery seems as if he’s leaving as well, is it an exodus or canny planning

Where have you seen this?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35553 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:21:59 »

Was it Anderson or Woolery that was rumoured to be going to Blackpool in the January window?

Woolery and rumours they are interested in him again

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35554 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:22:55 »

Where have you seen this?
I think its a rehash of the January rumour to Blackpool.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #35555 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:25:50 »

Blackpool have this week announced they are cutting wage budgets for next season by 60% and have released a couple of their high earners already including captain Jay Spearing and leading scorer Armand Gnanduillet.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35556 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:28:10 »

Let's face it, we had a very successful side this season so the world and his wife are going to be interested in all our players. Rumours will abound as a result, some will be true, many more will not. I think we'll keep the majority that we want to keep and trust Wellens to replace those that we don't. We're just not used to the idea of having so many players that other teams are interested in

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35557 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:29:33 »

That Woolery rumour is dated January 9
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35558 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:31:12 »

Let's face it, we had a very successful side this season so the world and his wife are going to be interested in all our players. Rumours will abound as a result, some will be true, many more will not. I think we'll keep the majority that we want to keep and trust Wellens to replace those that we don't. We're just not used to the idea of having so many players that other teams are interested in
Absolutely, not in a long while have we had players that other teams actually covet.

Or for that matter a manager too.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35559 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:38:31 »

Thought I'd have a look at Andersons record this season, mainly because I'm sat in a horrendous meeting and I'm bored as hell.

Wins - 11, 5 of them he was either subbed on, or subbed off early days
Draws - 4
Defeats - 5, 1 of them he was subbed.

About a 1.85 on the PPG which was slightly less than what we ended up on. Although as mentioned, in nearly half of those wins he wasn't close to playing the full game.

Without Anderson we sat at...

Wins - 10
Draws - 2
Defeats - 4

PPG of 2.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35560 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:38:38 »

Fair comment, but Keshi isn’t going up a league is he. He’s either off cos there’s significantly more money and a longer contract on offer, he knows Wellens’ plans and thinks he may not be an automatic first choice, or we’re in financial meltdown and he’s off anywhere that can pay him!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35561 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:38:53 »

Blackpool have this week announced they are cutting wage budgets for next season by 60% and have released a couple of their high earners already including captain Jay Spearing and leading scorer Armand Gnanduillet.

Thing is Blackpool do seem to have the kind of owner we aspire to, local lad and long time fan done well, however budget cuts don't seem to point to great ambition. Add that to a manager who is only 2 games into his Blackpool career (1 draw 1 loss) and has only managed 4 games in his whole higher level managerial career I am not sure what the lure for players is as it all looks a bit risky (unless we are making really shite contract offers)?

Looking at it Spearing left only after an offer was made which he didn't accept (so much like Anderson) whilst looking at Gnanduillet I cannot imagine he would have been on megabucks looking at his career history.

To me this hints at us making a rather limited half arsed attempt to keep Anderson and maybe Woolery?
« Last Edit: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:45:30 by horlock07 » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35562 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:41:01 »

Blackpools manager is highly coveted as a super coach much like Luke Williams. Worked very well at Liverpool. Likes to play the football that Anderson was raving about on the LSPOD. I can see the appeal to be honest.

Did we definitely offer him a contract? I assume we did, would've been daft not to!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35563 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:42:06 »

Why bother offering players poor contracts or any contract at all if you’re not bothered it he leaves?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35564 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:47:40 »

To me this hints at us making a rather limited half arsed attempt to keep Anderson and maybe Woolery?
Possibly, its obvious that Wellens and Anderson have not seen eye to eye hence him being put on the transfer list last season.

With the greatest respect to Anderson he is never going to a 1st choice player like Grant and Doughty so would be a fringe player at best and thats not a great prospect for a 25 year old player who will want to play games constantly.

Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: