Pages: 1 ... 2367 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 2373 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8981282 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35535 on: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 21:24:23 »

I've had some great times in Blackpool in the past but the older you get (and I'm not that old) the more you see, so to speak. As a kid or teen you mostly just see the "kid in a sweetshop" effect. The beach, a caravan, hotel or B&B, somewhere different to home, the arcades, the can I win more 2ps than I can spend before I cash them all in for a highly valued gift like a paint a pot that comes with poster paint, zero glaze and a very suspect brush. They all seem great at the time.

As you become an adult, we see those things for what they are. I guess this is why the innocence of youth is a precious thing. We need to be careful that doesn't disappear from all of us. Some must remain in part.

But yes, there are better experiences available Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #35536 on: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 21:42:37 »

It was a strange experience. Sure better experiences are also available!

The only time I've been to Blackpool, we got promoted!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35537 on: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 22:09:46 »

Big Sam was in charge then!

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #35538 on: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 22:30:17 »

Me too. Singing Swindon songs as we rode the rollercoaster.  Great weekend.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35539 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 07:19:02 »

Me too. Singing Swindon songs as we rode the rollercoaster.  Great weekend.
Even got locked in a pub whilst fighting continued outside.   Pretty sure it was Leeds fans and Barnsley,  or something like that,  we were too busy celebrating inside to get involved, carried on drinking and watched it out of the window !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35540 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:28:11 »

Not massively bothered about Keshi, although sure he'll go on to realise his potential now he's left. He frustrated the hell out of me though, even this season. Too slow in moving the ball on, questionable decision making sometimes and his finishing would mostly be dreadful.... but then he'd ping an absolute beauty from 30 yards. Clearly a talented player and he did have a good season with us but I don't seem to feel as upset about it as most.

Wish him the best! If he can build on this season he'll be an asset for Blackpool. I think he'll be remembered here fondly for the season just gone.

Oh and did Blackpool scouts only attend our games this season or something?
Flashheart

« Reply #35541 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:32:47 »

A talented player, not exactly happy to see him go but I'm not overly upset by it either. If it frees up wages for DJ, then that'd be superb.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35542 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:33:26 »

A talented player, not exactly happy to see him go but I'm not overly upset by it either. If it frees up wages for DJ, then that'd be superb.

My feelings also.

I'm sure DJ will now also sign for Blackpool!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35543 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:37:48 »

Not massively bothered about Keshi, although sure he'll go on to realise his potential now he's left. He frustrated the hell out of me though, even this season. Too slow in moving the ball on, questionable decision making sometimes and his finishing would mostly be dreadful.... but then he'd ping an absolute beauty from 30 yards. Clearly a talented player and he did have a good season with us but I don't seem to feel as upset about it as most.

Wish him the best! If he can build on this season he'll be an asset for Blackpool. I think he'll be remembered here fondly for the season just gone.

Oh and did Blackpool scouts only attend our games this season or something?
Absolutely this.

On his day Anderson is great, but his days are rarer than hens teeth.

He has pace, control, strength, he lacks stamina and final decision thought making, his shooting is at times woeful and his crossing almost non existant.

I thought Wellens got the best out of him, certainly far more than any other manager he has served, I think he could be a decent L1 player but that will be his limit unless he over night gains that extra bit of an end product.

He was a decent squad member and at times played an absolute blinder, but they were probably rarer than Woolery who also frustrates me massively.

Good luck to him, he obviously feels Wellens will not play him in every game and at the age of 25 he needs first team games to progress any further.

Thanks for the 5 or 6 games you truly looked like a footballer in 110 appearances.

Now Mr Wellens go and use his (probably) highish wages and go grab DJ who shows far more potential and skill than Keshi ever did or will.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35544 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:39:03 »

Was it Anderson or Woolery that was rumoured to be going to Blackpool in the January window?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Panda Paws

« Reply #35545 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:42:37 »

Suprised by the general feeling of a mass shoulder shrug. For me, Keshi is a rarity in the lower leagues - someone I actually enjoy watching play.

That said, someone made a great point that he is, by all accounts, a complete luxury player and in League 1, can we really afford to play him, DJ and Isgrove (or their replacements)... probably not.

100 games for the club - a decent spell. Sad to see him leave.

Just on Woolery - getting this ahead of time before he follows... he's criminally underrated. Our best arial target when going long, highest number of assists in the side, so lethal on the counter and absolutely runs his bollocks off on the press. If you remember he's not a striker, he's one hell of a weapon at League 1/2 level.

We need powerful, direct runners in transition and if KW goes as well as Keshi, they're two that must be replaced.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:07:37 by Panda Paws » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35546 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:46:44 »

Was it Anderson or Woolery that was rumoured to be going to Blackpool in the January window?
Answering my own question:

Tweet
TC9
@TransferCentre9
·
Jan 30
Blackpool have had a bid accepted for Swindon Town forward Kaiyne Woolery #stfc #bfc

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #35547 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:54:58 »

Suprised by the general feeling a mass shoulder shrug. For me, Keshi is a rarity in the lower leagues - someone I actually enjoy watching play.

That said, someone made a great point that he is, by all accounts, a complete luxury player and in League 1, can we really afford to play him, DJ and Isgrove (or their replacements)... probably not.

100 games for the club - a decent spell. Sad to see him leave.

Just on Woolery - getting this ahead of time before he follows... he's criminally underrated. Our best arial target when going long, highest number of assists in the side, so lethal on the counter and absolutely runs his bollocks off on the press. If you remember he's not a striker, he's one hell of a weapon this League 1/2 level.

We need powerful, direct runners in transition and if KW goes as well as Keshi, they're two that must be replaced.

Agree with this. Some fans will remember a one-on-one miss and ignore everything else. If we class him as a winger, he’d get more credit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35548 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:56:55 »

The Brett Pitman rumour has surfaced again - us and Plymouth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35549 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 09:09:29 »

Our best arial target when going long, highest number of assists in the side, so lethal on the counter and absolutely runs his bollocks off on the press. If you remember he's not a striker, he's one hell of a weapon this League 1/2 level.

You are quite right.  About his heading -  he also contributes in that way defensively on set pieces.

I am definitely guilty of judging him as a striker though, I think you hit the nail on the head with that.

I do also get frustrated with his final ball at times. Your stat on 'most assists' has really surprised me.
Pages: 1 ... 2367 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 2373 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: