Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 2300 [2301] 2302 2303 2304 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868832 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34500 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 08:52:16 »

‘City have not heard any more from leaders Swindon over Eoin Doyle after they also lost his former strike partner Jerry Yates to parent club Rotherham.’

Blink or brink manship.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34501 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 09:09:12 »

Truth be told, I don’t have a clue how transfers are structured and paid.

I presume that if we know we’ve got £2m coming in - even in instalments - we can be confident buying a player, again probably in instalments.

Just fucking buy somebody. I don’t give a shit how!
Anton Rodgers incoming then?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34502 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 09:16:02 »

Anton Rodgers incoming then?

Fuck that, Harry Agombar is going to fire us to championship glory!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #34503 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:01:33 »

Just a thought on strikers. Whilst the number of Doyle’s goals has been exceptional,  the fact that he hasn’t scored this heavily elsewhere before doing so isn’t really.
It isn’t that uncommon for players to have “hot” or “cold” streaks at the same club - a couple which come to mind for us are of course Fjørtoft in the Premier League season, and more recently Marc Richards  under Brown / Flitcroft.
There are also examples of players being a failure here and a success elsewhere - those of us who go back to the 1970s May remember Ray Clarke - signed from Tottenham- who rarely scored here, but went to Mansfield and scored a lot of goals.

Hopefully Yates will be back this time next week - RW said the midweek game was a factor in Rotherham’s recall - but if not we will have options, and as others have said, a lot of moves will happen in the last few days of the window, includin* some which will be dependent on others in a type of chain reaction.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34504 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:15:19 »

Rotherham have been linked to a couple of strikers so I imagine if they get them, Yates will be out on loan again. I have this feeling he'll go elsewhere though, maybe in L1.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34505 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:18:01 »

Just a thought on strikers. Whilst the number of Doyle’s goals has been exceptional,  the fact that he hasn’t scored this heavily elsewhere before doing so isn’t really.
It isn’t that uncommon for players to have “hot” or “cold” streaks at the same club - a couple which come to mind for us are of course Fjørtoft in the Premier League season, and more recently Marc Richards  under Brown / Flitcroft.
There are also examples of players being a failure here and a success elsewhere - those of us who go back to the 1970s May remember Ray Clarke - signed from Tottenham- who rarely scored here, but went to Mansfield and scored a lot of goals.

Hopefully Yates will be back this time next week - RW said the midweek game was a factor in Rotherham’s recall - but if not we will have options, and as others have said, a lot of moves will happen in the last few days of the window, includin* some which will be dependent on others in a type of chain reaction.

Ray Clarke  Smiley    legend at Ajax and Sparta. Years ago when I lived in London, my woman's sister lived with the son of Bill Maynard (thesp). Round hers one evening when Bill turns up hot foot from watching Ray Clarke play for Sparta, armed with duty free, he was impressed I knew who Ray was... Bill lovely down to earth fella, sadly no longer with us, Ray is mind.

The daddy goalscorer of not doing much for us but doing well elsewhere is probably Jack Howarth... 2 appearances no goals, moved on to Aldershot and scored 171 league goals for them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34506 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:22:12 »

Fuck that, Harry Agombar is going to fire us to championship glory!
Fucking hell, it's like the Candyman Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #34507 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:29:24 »

On the subject of "hot streaks", I have a feeling one or two posters have, following his return north, rather underplayed Doyle's absolutely incredible finishing.  Obviously Yates and our midfielders have played a significant part but we have had impressive midfields before without Doyle-level returns.

Doyle's streak has included a streak never bettered in all STFC history (Harry Morris scoring in 11 consecutive lg games) and has already included a distinguished season's worth of goals in just half a season.  If many of us witness a similar return from a Town striker again, we shall be very lucky.

Really looking forward to seeing Hope tomorrow.  He will need time to gel (hopefully 5 minutes or so  Wink )
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34508 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:45:08 »

well, it's all on a bit of a knife edge. the next week is going to go very slowly for us fans isn't it!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #34509 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:52:07 »

Rotherham have been linked to a couple of strikers so I imagine if they get them, Yates will be out on loan again. I have this feeling he'll go elsewhere though, maybe in L1.

Bit cuntish by Warne in all honesty given what was said last week
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34510 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:35:10 »

So, do we actually still need 2 strikers?

Is Hope the alternative to the much mooted Bennett?

When we’re sorted out, squad wise, who drops out to accommodate Hope?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34511 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:36:22 »

yes we need 2 imo.

not sure who drops. Woolery and DJ?
Flashheart

« Reply #34512 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:45:17 »

There is a lot of money tied up in Doyle we have a good striker in Vaughan the money saved plus any fees would help to strengthen us in other areas like competition for Donaldson
- Gary Bowyer

Or something to that extent.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34513 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:57:38 »

I’ve had a little wee!
tans

Ignore
« Reply #34514 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:57:47 »

When did he say that?