Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 2301 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8975320 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34455 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:50:35 »

Sounds a bit weird. Surely he can train back at Rotherham a few days a week without cancelling the loan

Perhaps it hasn't been cancelled as such, just a 10 day recall, to allow their manager to take a look at him and decide whether he's ready for the Rotherham first team or not. Unless Yates has an instant impact up there, then I can easily imagine him being back with us on 31/1.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34456 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:56:28 »

This^
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34457 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 12:10:56 »

Some thoughts from Rotherham fans on Yates.

This is from the horse's mouth.. vassell has a groin strain will be out for one or two games so jerry has been recalled..... rotherham also have option to extend Jerry's contract for a another season in the summer .. so he cant walk for free at the end of the season ..and he couldnt walk for free anyway due to his age .... and Derby county have been watching him.

I think it's a positive move to bring him back, his only runs in the team here have generally been up front on his own as a target man (which he isn't). He's never had much of a chance here in a formation that suits him in my opinion. He's more likely to get that chance if he plays now.
You can bet that if he wasn't already our player, we'd probably all be saying 'we should try and sign that Yates from Swindon' based on his performances this season. He's been excellent for them by all accounts, albeit in a league below.

Simply cannot see Yates getting in front of Ladapo, if this happened and I was Freddie I'd be slapping a transfer request in!

Think it's all a tester myself in order to get Swindon to buy Yates. He's our player and we can do what we want if it means recalling him. Jerry is paid by RUFC and not Swindon, he's got to realise that. I do hope though for his sake, he gets some playing time and not dealt with a s.hitty hand like last time.

Apparently his mother or sister isn’t happy we’ve recalled him one bit, Warney won’t be happy if true

I rate Yates and always have.
It was inevitable that it was going to happen.
Bringing him back instead of spending money on a loan player or actually buying one is the right move for the club.
I also think he will do a good job when called upon either out wide or as a striker.

Can’t understand why you have always rated him as he’s really struggled previously, I hope he’s evolved and progressed as a player as Otherwise he will struggle to get into this side

Strange that some fans are really against welcoming a player into the squad who's been firing goals in for fun and some great ones too by what I've see on the net. I thought prolific strikers were hard to come by but we've acquired one today and its doom and gloom
If we'd signed one of the top strikers from league two for £400k then I,m sure many fans would be loving it.
But PW's gone one better because he's got one for nowt by sending him out on loan for game time and to improve his game
Lots of people whinged when we signed Michael Smith. There's only a small number who moan about him now and again.
Jerry Yates started our incredible run of form last time we were in the this division over at Blackpool with some quality that none of the others were demonstrating at the time
Give him a chance

Injury or not we only have 3 strikers. Just over a week until end of transfer window. This should give Warne and Co time to have a look at him in training and decide if we keep him or send him back out on loan, depending if we have someone else lined up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34458 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 12:20:04 »

The comment about Jerry Yates mum on Twitter was criticising the style of Rotherham under Warne....
Thats correct if you still play football like you did last season.

Amazing how players thrive after leaving RUFC and playing on the ground attacking football though isn't it

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34459 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 12:42:05 »

Scored both goals against us for Bury at the CG a couple of years ago.

He should have a bit of muscle memory of where the goal is kicking into the TE.  HH didn't score another league goal in that season after that brace in something like 28 appearances.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #34460 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 12:50:12 »

John Akinde apparently available - Orient and Gillingham interested.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34461 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:10:54 »

Jerry Yates ex manager at Carlisle Keith Curle has apparently put a cash bid in for Yates on the back of their FA cup run £500k windfall.

Flashheart

« Reply #34462 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:18:46 »

That would be horrible, and we're due to play them soonish.

500k sounds a lot though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34463 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:21:10 »

I think PV meant their windfall was £500,000 and they’ll bid using some of that.

I presume a player can decide if he wants to go or not.
Flashheart

« Reply #34464 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:22:05 »

Ah, right. Silly me. Misread it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34465 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:24:31 »

Yeah splash the cash from the cup run.

If it came down to us and them I would bet on Yates picking us.

As for Akinde to Orient, they have said they won't pay for any signings this window and Appleton has said he wants to sell Akinde who he thinks is not up to L1.

Orient were after Hallam Hope until they were told he would cost a tranfer fee which scared them off.

Flashheart

« Reply #34466 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:29:05 »

He might fancy it. He worked with Curle before.

I still reckon he'd prefer to come to us, but whether we're willing to match what Northampton are offering is another matter. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34467 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:32:02 »

I still reckon he'd prefer to come to us, but whether we're willing to match what Northampton are offering is another matter. 
If they have made a solid offer, yes I think we would be his preferred destination as we could offer him a league champions medal, something Curle could not offer him Wink .

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #34468 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:34:15 »

Wasn't it stated our original seasonal budget was based on an average attendance of around 6000 but have achieved a significantly higher average so actually have wiggle room in terms of finances?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #34469 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 13:34:40 »

If it came down to a straight choice I think he’d choose us, he wasn’t anywhere near as free scoring under Curle. Thing is some other teams will probably be bidding as well so will be a choice of a few.
Pages: 1 ... 2295 2296 2297 [2298] 2299 2300 2301 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: