Pages: 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8938915 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #34440 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:46:45 »

You'd think so. But nobody really knows.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34441 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:48:05 »

Would that mean he came back to Swindon as he was on an initial season long loan, or is that loan agreement now void?

He's only played for one club this season, so he could in theory play on loan or be sold to another club.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34442 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:50:07 »

herar it here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08152b4
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34443 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:50:31 »

You'd think so. But nobody really knows.
Even Yates apparently knew nothing of being recalled until it happened.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34444 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:55:54 »

Would that mean he came back to Swindon as he was on an initial season long loan, or is that loan agreement now void?

You'd think it would make sense to send him back here, but they might want him to have a go in a lesser L1 side maybe as you could argue he's already proven himself at this level.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34445 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:56:47 »

It might do us a favour if he comes on for Rotherham at the weekend, then he can only play for us or the Millers this season. Hopefully he doesn't impress  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34446 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:58:46 »

It might do us a favour if he comes on for Rotherham at the weekend, then he can only play for us or the Millers this season. Hopefully he doesn't impress  Smiley
I was thinking this too!

If he is on the bench but doesn't appear then I guess that leaves him open to a loan elsewhere?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34447 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:59:02 »

Depends on what their plans are for him at the end of the season. If they are happy to let him go, surely racking up a few more goals with us is more beneficial than toiling in a poor L1 side.

I think they may have a years option on him at the end of his contract in June. If they go up I doubt they will see him as a Championship striker.
Flashheart

« Reply #34448 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 10:59:18 »

Makes a mockery of season long loans really.

Other clubs might think twice about taking their players if they keep on doing this. Wassisface sounded quite defensive about it in that clip... as though he knows he's probably being a bit of a dick.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34449 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:02:30 »

I think they may have a years option on him at the end of his contract in June. If they go up I doubt they will see him as a Championship striker.

They do, hence why its a very different situation from Doyle (Setting apart them being at different points in their careers)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #34450 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:03:05 »

One of the things he says is that he is waiting on other teams letting their players go out on loan. Other teams want their players to sign extended contracts before allowing them to go on loan 'and we are doing that too'.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34451 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:28:32 »

One of the things he says is that he is waiting on other teams letting their players go out on loan. Other teams want their players to sign extended contracts before allowing them to go on loan 'and we are doing that too'.

Sounds to me like he wants Yates to sign an extended contract before being allowed out on loan again
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34452 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:39:03 »

fter recalling Jerry Yates from his loan spell at Sky Bet League Two table-toppers Swindon Town, Paul Warne admits that the striker’s impressive goal scoring record with the Robins was enough to warrant a closer look at him.

Now back at Roundwood and joining up with the rest of the Millers’ squad ahead of this weekend’s trip to Peterborough United, the 23-year-old could feature at London Road.

"He's had an unbelievable season so far. We always knew that he could score goals and that is why we wanted him to go out,” Warne told www.themillers.co.uk.

"I might let him back out in this window or I might decide to keep him. The recall in the loan deal just gives us a chance to have an up close and personal look at his progress at the training ground, alongside what we already have in the building.

"I'll sit down with Jerry and we'll discuss where we feel we're both at but ultimately the decision will be the one that is best for our club.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Richie Wellens and the staff down at Swindon, who have really helped Jerry with the next stage of his development.

"I know he's loved his time down there. He's managed to score goals and make a massive impact on their team and that's exactly what we asked Jerry to go out and try to do."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34453 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:45:43 »

Sounds a bit weird. Surely he can train back at Rotherham a few days a week without cancelling the loan

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #34454 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 11:46:30 »

I have a premonition of Yates saying he wants to come back and Warne being a dickhead and not allowing it, Yates sits in bench for remainder of the season.

#tansmedia exclusive
Pages: 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: