Pages: 1 ... 2269 2270 2271 [2272] 2273 2274 2275 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8962202 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34065 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 09:32:23 »

I think for Salford things would have been very different if FC United of Manchester had never been set up, they could have mopped up the disgruntled Man Ure fans but someone got there first.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34066 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 09:49:32 »

Cos we’re using Grigg as a smokescreen to get Doyle back!

Simples!

I think there are a few irons in the Wellens fire.

Doyle, Pitman, Mcnulty (unlikely), Hylton, Bennett and Grigg have all been mooted and I'm sure there are others that haven't been leaked in the press that Wellens is looking to get.

The longer that we go through January, the more likely we are to be able to do a deal with Bradford as they either get a fee from us for Doyle, or they lose him for nothing in the summer and have to pay his wages until then. Power will be playing hardball and so we are likely going to have to wait until the window slams shut before that transfer happens. Possibly similarly with Bennett as I know Wellens is a fan.

If we do sign Doyle I also think we'll get a younger striker on loan as backup. Unless RW is going to start utilising Twine more?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34067 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 09:54:37 »

Doyle, Pitman, Mcnulty (unlikely), Hylton, Bennett and Grigg have all been mooted and I'm sure there are others that haven't been leaked in the press that Wellens is looking to get.

The longer that we go through January, the more likely we are to be able to do a deal with Bradford as they either get a fee from us for Doyle, or they lose him for nothing in the summer and have to pay his wages until then. Power will be playing hardball and so we are likely going to have to wait until the window slams shut before that transfer happens. Possibly similarly with Bennett as I know Wellens is a fan.

If we do sign Doyle I also think we'll get a younger striker on loan as backup. Unless RW is going to start utilising Twine more?

The problem is we can't afford Doyle or Bennett's wages. Or a small percentage of Griggs by the sound of it. It's all well and good us paying small fees for them but they're not gonna want to take huge drops in their salary considering they both have young families to support.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34068 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:00:53 »

Broadly speaking, I would agree with that BO (although I don't see Twine being a factor).

I would guess (and that's all it is of course because none of us know) that we were contributing 5k per week to Doyle's wage and that's what we would do if we signed Grigg.

I would also guess that ideally, RW/LP really REALLY want Doyle back. Clearly they can't afford both (if only) but at the same time don't want to end up with no one. So as you suggest it will be very cat and mouse until that window slams shut.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34069 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:01:25 »

With Wellens history of cats and bags I still suspect we will end up getting a striker that has never been mentioned until he appears with scarf above head.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34070 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:06:12 »

Yeah, I think we'll do something significant this window but it quite possibly won't be until the 11th hour...(crosses fingers)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #34071 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:54:19 »

Edison Cavani has handed in a transfer request  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34072 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 10:57:01 »

Edison Cavani has handed in a transfer request  Hmmm

Has to be Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34073 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:01:41 »

With Wellens history of cats and bags I still suspect we will end up getting a striker that has never been mentioned until he appears with scarf above head.
Or a cat above his head? That would be novel
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34074 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:04:41 »

Or a cat above his head? That would be novel

Bit late for a pus in boots, panto season over. We need a cross between a bulldog, terrier and bloodhound up front.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34075 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 11:07:20 »

Bit late for a pus in boots, panto season over. We need a cross between a bulldog, terrier and bloodhound up front.

Still time for some of our sicknotes to get a bad case of blisters.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34076 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:07:58 »

It’s interesting that that Salford have offered a ‘concrete’ five grand and we have offered what exactly? How would they know what Salford have and we have not?
I am not convinced that we have ever really been after Grigg at all TBH.

Salford have apparently made a £200k+ bid apparently for (fairly) local high scoring striker Danny Rowe from Fylde who handed in a transfer request last week after scoring 155 goals in 250 games for them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34077 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:14:30 »

Rowe signed for Oldham last week, didn’t he?
Panda Paws

« Reply #34078 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:14:50 »

I am not convinced that we have ever really been after Grigg at all TBH.

Salford have apparently made a £200k+ bid apparently for (fairly) local high scoring striker Danny Rowe from Fylde who handed in a transfer request last week after scoring 155 goals in 250 games for them.

Rowe signed for Oldham last week, for a lot less than £200k+.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34079 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 14:17:15 »

Rowe signed for Oldham last week, for a lot less than £200k+.
Oh I didn't see that was going off some posts from Salford fans. Interesting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 2269 2270 2271 [2272] 2273 2274 2275 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: