Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 2247 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973644 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33645 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 19:53:43 »

Tans posted up something about this a few days ago.
From the Belfast telegraph:
Striker Michael O'Connor will not be returning to Linfield this month and instead has a big choice on his hands, including the prospect of a sensational switch to the Blues' Big Two rivals.

The 21-year-old went on loan to Waterford during the summer as part of the deal that brought Bastien Hery to Windsor Park.

It had been expected that O'Connor would return to the Blues squad in the January transfer window but the Belfast Telegraph understands that the Republic of Ireland U21 international will not play for the club again.

Instead, Big Two rivals Glentoran are attempting to lure O'Connor to east Belfast. The club have met Linfield's £10k asking price to complete the deal this month, although Linfield are unwilling to let the forward depart for their bitter rivals.

If the move is not done in this window, another option open to the player is a pre-contract agreement with the Glens, with the remainder of the season spent back on loan at Waterford.

It's with the south east side that O'Connor's other options lies. Waterford chairman Lee Power is also the chief at English League Two side Swindon Town.

The Belfast Telegraph understands that, should O'Connor reject the Glens, there is an option of going back to Waterford for the first half of the 2020 League of Ireland season, signing a pre-contract agreement to join Swindon in the summer.

O'Connor did sample life across the water in November, when he was handed a week-long trial at Hibernian, also playing as a guest in a reserve game for the Scottish Premiership side.

O'Connor scored nine Danske Bank Premiership goals for Linfield in the 18/19 season. Should he move to Glentoran, he would link up with brother Ciaran, who signed for the club at the start of December.

The last big-name transfer tussle between the rival clubs came in January 2014, when Glentoran defender Jimmy Callacher signed a pre-contract with rivals Linfield, before making a £10k immediate move later that month.

In January 2018, Glens forward Jonathan Smith was forced to see out the season on loan at Carrick Rangers after signing a pre-contract agreement with the Blues.

It remains to be seen how this similar transfer battle will be resolved, with Waterford and Swindon providing a further obstacle for the Glens to overcome.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33646 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 20:21:16 »

Seikou Janneh out injured for 3 months.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33647 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 22:21:07 »

Who he?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33648 on: Friday, January 10, 2020, 22:36:47 »

Bristol city striker we were linked with a loan move for
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33649 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 09:15:26 »

Cheers
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33650 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:04:12 »

Bristol city striker we were linked with a loan move for
More than linked

Saikou Janneh has suffered a long injury setback, shortly before he was due to be loaned out to Swindon Town.

The 20-year-old forward, who had been on loan at Torquay United, suffered an ankle ligament injury during a match on Saturday (January 4) against Dagenham and Redbridge.

He announced the news of his injury on Twitter, and said: "Unfortunately I will be out for 3 months due to a ligament injury in my ankle on Saturday which I will need a surgery for but I will be back stronger, another set back but we move."
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33651 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:37:13 »

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
4m
Swindon. Now focusing on McNulty at Reading. Could break into his loan spell at Sunderland if agreement all round.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33652 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:40:39 »

Hibs are interested still. Don't think we have much of a shot
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33653 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:41:25 »

Hibs are interested still. Don't think we have much of a shot

Unless he wants to stay in England?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33654 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:28:11 »

Unless he wants to stay in England?
Depends as he is an Edinburgh lad so it would be close to his family home.

L2 is about on a par game wise as the Scots Premier if you exclude Celtic and Rangers.

I have been to St Johnstone a few times for SPL games as my mate is a season ticket holder there and the standard is pretty awful TBH if you exclude the 2 Glasgow teams and possibly Aberdeen too.

Even Jermaine Hylton is playing for the team in 3rd place in the league currently!

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33655 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:53:58 »

McNulty would be a seriously good antidote to the post-Doyle blues but I still think Swindon are playing the game on this one.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 12:49:11 by Costanza » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33656 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:59:36 »

McNulty would be a seriously good anecdote to the post-Doyle blues but I still think Swindon are playing the game on this one.
Yeah I think so, smoke and mirrors.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33657 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 12:41:39 »

McNulty would be a seriously good anecdote to the post-Doyle blues but I still think Swindon are playing the game on this one.

Is there an antidote for malapropism?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33658 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 12:49:59 »

Is there an antidote for malapropism?

Yes, silence. It's the only thing GPs advise to ignore.

Too Cool
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33659 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 13:18:33 »

This will go on until the end of the window I’d imagine with centre backs probably more Wellens priority for now.

If Bradford continue like yesterday and Doyle doesn’t score in the next 2 weeks then suddenly they’ll be the ones desperate to get him out rather than us being desperate to get him in. Of course we need to have other irons in the fire and contingency plans in place and McNulty would be a good alternative.

The fact that whoever plays up front for us seems guaranteed to score plenty of goals must make us quite attractive and work in our favour.
Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 2243 [2244] 2245 2246 2247 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: