Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 2228 ... 3972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8952844 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33360 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:47:45 »

A punt from a non/obscure league team would do me nicely.
Absolutely, somebody who is a little different to what we have got just to change things a bit, a taller striker who is decent in the air to mix it up a bit.

Hopefully if we do then it won't be another loan, unless we converty Grant/Yates/Doyle into perm deals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33361 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:48:16 »

£100k for a 31-year-old L2 striker with 6 months left on his contract who doesn't want to play for his parent club and can't play for anyone else would be a great piece of business for Bradford - you'd struggle to find many deals of equivalent value under those terms. Should allow them to bring someone decent in to help get them over the line.

If this is true, the question is how long his contract here will be for. Given his age, his historic inconsistency and the prospect of him having to deliver at L1 level, would it be wise to tie ourselves down beyond the end of next season?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33362 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:49:51 »

I would guess that one of the Swindon posters in Audrey.
You think I’ve got nothing better to do then post stuff on football forums . .

. . Oh, wait. Not me, though. I do post on the 1FF forum.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33363 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 10:59:07 »

£100k for a 31-year-old L2 striker with 6 months left on his contract who doesn't want to play for his parent club and can't play for anyone else would be a great piece of business for Bradford - you'd struggle to find many deals of equivalent value under those terms. Should allow them to bring someone decent in to help get them over the line.

If this is true, the question is how long his contract here will be for. Given his age, his historic inconsistency and the prospect of him having to deliver at L1 level, would it be wise to tie ourselves down beyond the end of next season?
I heard we agreed a fee of £50k with Bradford at the start of the loan, which would seem to be about right IMO.

I would go up to £100k if that buys out his contract in full and that he signs for 2 and a half years.

He seems fit enough at the moment that he has at least one more season left in him, not like Nalis and Taylor whos legs had gone well before they signed for us.

I just hope we get him and Grant signed on asap.

As BO says it would probably make sense for Bradford to not sell him until after the game between the sides on 4th Jan as that could easily work against them.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33364 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:11:15 »

I would presume the likely January exits of May, Sanokho & Zakuani & potentially Diagouraga & McGlashan should help loosen the purse strings somewhat.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33365 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:15:11 »

I would presume the likely January exits of May, Sanokho & Zakuani & potentially Diagouraga & McGlashan should help loosen the purse strings somewhat.
I think we will keep hold of Sanokho but the rest will hopefully happen, Zakuani looks decent but with Broadbent having found some more confidence then hes surplus now.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #33366 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:18:54 »

I think we will keep hold of Sanokho but the rest will hopefully happen, Zakuani looks decent but with Broadbent having found some more confidence then hes surplus now.
Pretty sure Sanokho's deal is only until January. Given how little he's featured I'd prefer to see his wages used to bolster our chances of getting Doyle, Grant & Yates permanently, or at the very worst, extended loans.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33367 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:20:23 »

Not guilty 4D! I got a watsapp message on our London Reds group so don't know how genuine it is.
Sounds completely feasible though...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33368 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:23:01 »

It always amuses me when anyone suggests Diagouraga and McGlashan will move on. The only way they will go is if we pay up their contracts. For Diagouraga, this is undoubtedly his last payday so he has no interest in any negotiation, and McGlashan would only agree if it allows him to take up a contract offer from Wrexham, which seems highly unlikely.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more anger on here against Diagouraga for milking us for a sizeable wad over the last two years when he's never been close to an acceptable level.

May is set to leave. Depending on the terms he's on, Zakuani might be kept on as backup, but I imagine we'd only bin Sanokho if he isn't developing - he was taken on cheaply as a prospect, rather than an immediate first-team option.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33369 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:29:27 »

It always amuses me when anyone suggests Diagouraga and McGlashan will move on. The only way they will go is if we pay up their contracts. For Diagouraga, this is undoubtedly his last payday so he has no interest in any negotiation, and McGlashan would only agree if it allows him to take up a contract offer from Wrexham, which seems highly unlikely.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more anger on here against Diagouraga for milking us for a sizeable wad over the last two years when he's never been close to an acceptable level.

May is set to leave. Depending on the terms he's on, Zakuani might be kept on as backup, but I imagine we'd only bin Sanokho if he isn't developing - he was taken on cheaply as a prospect, rather than an immediate first-team option.

Isn't McGlashan at Chesterfield now? Plus it shocks me that Diagouraga  is only 32.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33370 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:30:13 »

Isn't McGlashan at Chesterfield now? Plus it shocks me that Diagouraga  is only 32.
Only on a 6 month loan.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33371 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:30:20 »

Good news, must be arguably the best keeper in the league already. Don’t think I’ve seen a better keeper at saving 1 on 1’s for Town as he certainly does make himself big.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33372 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:30:44 »

Are Diagouraga and McGlashan out of contract at the end of the season? I assume/really hope they are...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33373 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:47:56 »

Are Diagouraga and McGlashan out of contract at the end of the season? I assume/really hope they are...
I believe they are both OOC this Summer.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them both paid off early this January.

I think Sanohko will be given and extention until the end of the season even though hes only here until January, if Wellens has seen enough of him in training to warrant it, when he has played hes no worse than Adam May!

I think with Curran and Broadbent fit then we will probably bin Zakuani as 3 back up CB's in L2 is probably excessive.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Iandolo make a loan move to get game time, even if its a short term one.

McGilp had a fairly successful loan a Hungerford and he probably needs a few more months out playing games before he is risked yet.

Reid needs to have his loan at Wrexham extended to the end of the season, even if hes just bench warming up there, hes nowhere near 1st team standard with us yet.

Luke Haines has extended his loan until the end of the season at 'Nam and game time for him and Romanski is badly needed to see how they are progressing, Romanski is last chance saloon.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Henry go out on a 6 month loan and Twine possibly for a shorter spell out.

I expect the club will formally announce the sale of Ifill to Brighton in the window which will fund the Doyle transfer.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us go for another winger on loan if one of the loanees is made a perm too as Isgrove and Anderson both seem to like getting injured and even though we have DJ hes still very raw. Possibly Semenyo as with his Swindon roots it would be a local move for him.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33374 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:48:18 »

Both two year contracts signed in June/July 2018.

Thanks Phil!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 11:51:44 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2222 2223 2224 [2225] 2226 2227 2228 ... 3972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: