Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8939260 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33330 on: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 10:28:20 »

Semenyo would only be a direct replacement for doyle or yates so that would be 5 on loan?
Correct.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33331 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:38:00 »

Doesn’t look like we’ve any chance of keeping Benda permanently if these reports are anything to go by...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-benda-17424891

No great surprise I guess as he’s clearly got a chance of being very good.
Flashheart

« Reply #33332 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:42:56 »

Just as long as we get to keep him for the rest of the season.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33333 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:50:04 »

Indeed. Pretty much had the same effect on us as signing Fods did under Di Canio.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #33334 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 19:08:20 »

He is one of five keepers at Swansea - and would likely become one of a similar number at Villa (they’ve got Heaton, Kalinic, Nyland and Steer). If we are promoted, he’d do well to go somewhere as number 1 (us, obviously) rather than stagnate on a bench or go on loan again.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #33335 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 19:16:52 »

He is one of five keepers at Swansea - and would likely become one of a similar number at Villa (they’ve got Heaton, Kalinic, Nyland and Steer). If we are promoted, he’d do well to go somewhere as number 1 (us, obviously) rather than stagnate on a bench or go on loan again.

And then sign permanently when we dominate our way to the Championship.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33336 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 19:20:20 »

Yes but a lot of Swansea fans can see him being their number 1 next season and if Villa and Liverpool indicate the Calibre of club that has him on their radar then he’s likely to be way beyond our reach. Ultimately he’ll want to be at the best club he possibly can, look at David Martin at West Ham for example. He went for a Scott Carson style 3rd choice position and is now starting for them so circumstances can lead to any player getting a chance even at the bigger clubs.

His shot stopping is way beyond anything you normally see in league 2 and he’s full on Neuer style sweeper keeper.  As long as he stays the season we will have done well out of this....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33337 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 19:31:43 »

But clubs, especially PL clubs, want keepers who can distribute the ball well - which has been a nightmare for Benda so far. Even the ones that don’t find our player sail out of play.

He has a lot more experience to gain and the best place to do so is at an EFL club playing for points every week.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33338 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 19:49:15 »

But clubs, especially PL clubs, want keepers who can distribute the ball well - which has been a nightmare for Benda so far. Even the ones that don’t find our player sail out of play.

He has a lot more experience to gain and the best place to do so is at an EFL club playing for points every week.
Oh come on, his distribution is part of the reason he plays he’s comfortable with it at his feet. He tries the short incisive passing at every opportunity which yes he sometimes gives it away but that comes with the territory. When he kicks it long he aims for Woolery in the right touch line which is a clear tactic, yeah sometimes it go goes out of play but oh well. A lot of people seem to see good distribution as smashing a ball long that stays in play, Benda has a massive kick so could do that every kick if he wanted but it wouldn’t suit how we play.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33339 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 21:18:56 »

Oh come on, his distribution is part of the reason he plays he’s comfortable with it at his feet. He tries the short incisive passing at every opportunity which yes he sometimes gives it away but that comes with the territory. When he kicks it long he aims for Woolery in the right touch line which is a clear tactic, yeah sometimes it go goes out of play but oh well. A lot of people seem to see good distribution as smashing a ball long that stays in play, Benda has a massive kick so could do that every kick if he wanted but it wouldn’t suit how we play.

I concur, he's clearly kicking to a defined plan, it always goes to the right wing past half way when he doesn't have the short option.  That has to be by design, maybe to ensure if the 50/50 goes our way it's on the wide with our quickest player behind a full back, and if not it goes out of play.  We are not set-up to win the ball in the air, so this avoids us being put straight back under any pressure.

He's filled me with confidence as a keeper and is getting better.

He's throwing distribution is cracking, especially to the right full back.
Flashheart

« Reply #33340 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 21:33:38 »

Excellent recruitment again.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #33341 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 22:45:49 »

Which we will,   let's not forget we have a perfectly good replacement in McCormick,  yes Benda has saved us on a few occasions but I would not have any fears if he was recalled and replaced by McCormick.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33342 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 06:15:23 »

I would think if we go up another level that we must be in with a good shout to get him on another year long, especially if he is enjoying it here and continues to develop.  They would rather him be playing week in week out in a successful side than in the 23s or on the bench somewhere.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33343 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 11:16:57 »

Very strange piece, although I like the picture as it looks like we have added cedarwood cladding to the end of the Arkells!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-liverpool-and-aston-villa-eyeing-german-player/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 11:19:26 by horlock07 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33344 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 13:23:53 »

Very strange piece, although I like the picture as it looks like we have added cedarwood cladding to the end of the Arkells!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-liverpool-and-aston-villa-eyeing-german-player/

Am I the only it bothers that it says only Swindon on that cladding, rather than the proper name of our club? I always thought that was a newcomer's touch from Fitton.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: