Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 2192 [2193] 2194 2195 2196 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8961922 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32880 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 11:45:45 »

There is a slight difference since Wellens took over, he seems to be using some of the loans as almost a temporary purchase - getting players like Yates, who we may well then take a on a free at the end of loan, same maybe with Doyle.  It looks like a compromise deal between the clubs.  On the point of last seasons original batch, a change of Manager probably had a lot to do with them all returning, and maybe Ipswich should have recalled Wool!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #32881 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 11:52:36 »

What I don’t understand about Yates’ loan is that he is OOC at the end of it. I can only think we may have a clause allowing us to buy him in January.

Otherwise Rovrum would get nowt for him at the end of his loan spell.

You would guess at the moment they don't expect to get a fee, and we are probably paying e.g. 75% of his wages (or covering all), so it gets him off their books freeing up wages, and if we want to do a deal come January nothing stops us depending on the players wage demands as you image they will be happy to see him leave.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32882 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 12:34:32 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Theo Robinson and Kyle Bennett back one on a perm and one probably a loan (Bennett being the loanee sue to wages) come next Monday at 5pm. Rovers forum recon we are still after him and Southend local paper also suggesting we are still after Theo too.

I also expect to see 1 or 2 more loanees from Championship/Premier clubs with one being a creative midfielder/winger and one a versatile defender to replace the returned Ballard.

A backup GK could also be an option if we can offload Toums now that McGlashan has gone out, also maybe Romanski and Twine out on loans.

I personally hope that Anderson stays as he has been our best attacking player so far this season after his arse kicking from Wellens. I would also like us to keep Woolery even though hes been a little disappointing so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32883 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 13:01:58 »

Are we ever going to announce the Sidy Sanhocko signing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32884 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 13:03:37 »

Are we ever going to announce the Sidy Sanhocko signing?
There does seem quite a delay in announcing he has actually completed his signing. Didn't think international clearance normally took so long.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #32885 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:04:45 »

There does seem quite a delay in announcing he has actually completed his signing. Didn't think international clearance normally took so long.
Wellens did flippantly say after Tuesdays game that the referees must be doing the international clearance as well. Basically said lower league clubs are bottom of the priority list, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get looked at until the European window closes.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #32886 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:12:55 »

Isn’t clearance a Home Office issue? If so, it’s not surprising that they have other things to deal with right now - especially as most civil servants have been reassigned from their day job to deal with the B word.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32887 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:19:10 »

Isn’t clearance a Home Office issue? If so, it’s not surprising that they have other things to deal with right now - especially as most civil servants have been reassigned from their day job to deal with the B word.
I think its a Football League issue between our FL and the country of his registration (France).

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32888 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:25:10 »

Why does he even need clearance? He’s French and is entitled to ply his trade wherever he choose within Europe.

Why is football different?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32889 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:35:25 »

Why does he even need clearance? He’s French and is entitled to ply his trade wherever he choose within Europe.

Why is football different?
Just FIFA rules, as far as I remember its always been like it.

In accordance with FIFA Regulations, international clearance is required for any player over the age of 10 who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations), or who is a foreign national seeking to register for the first time in this country.

International clearance is applicable at all levels of the game. It is the registering club’s responsibility to verify a player’s registration history in order to ascertain whether international clearance may be required.

Clubs and competitions operating near the borders between England and Wales/Scotland need to be particularly cautious - a player can only play football in one country (subject to international clearance) and cannot play football in two countries on different days, under any circumstances.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32890 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:44:40 »

Just FIFA rules, as far as I remember its always been like it.

Another good reason to leave then....I'm vindicated! 🤔

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32891 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:36:07 »

Another good reason to leave then....I'm vindicated! 🤔

Thanks Ollie'!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32892 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:44:33 »

I guess it's to avoid a player being eligible to play in two countries at the same time - contract law would usually be applicable to the country it is signed in, so a player could technically work in two locations for two different employers, which could get messy and fast.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32893 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:52:17 »

He's probably got the same lazy ass agent as the Bulgarian keeper
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32894 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 16:13:48 »

What I don’t understand about Yates’ loan is that he is OOC at the end of it. I can only think we may have a clause allowing us to buy him in January.

Otherwise Rovrum would get nowt for him at the end of his loan spell.

Far out thought but at any point between now next July Rotherham could always offer him a new contract
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 2192 [2193] 2194 2195 2196 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: