Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 2142 ... 3972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8953018 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32070 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 10:22:10 »

I'm sure he'll do well but I'm still not overly concerned about David Wheater being in L2. Whoever that's with.
It was the thing that Salford said they will match his wages which he was on at Bolton, not the fact that its David Wheater per se. He was on £10k pw apparently when they ACTUALLY paid him!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32071 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 10:48:00 »

Wheater is still at Bolton...so is without a contract basically. He hasn't made his mind up on a move yet so they could still sign him. He turned down Kilmarnock as he didn't fancy a move that far away.

Swindon ain't that much nearer Bolton that Kilmarnock...

As for Wheater I am not convinced about him anyway, he never struck me as the brightest player and at 32 if he hasn't the football brain to depend on, not sure what he brings to the party? Plus him being on £10k a week shows whats wrong with lower league football!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32072 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 10:53:21 »

Hes not a player I would want and he hasn't been linked with us either, we have a full defence anyway now.

His £10k pw was a Championship wage, don't forget that FGR were paying nearly that for Doidge last season and Salford are paying that for Towell this term.

Ridiculous amount of money.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32073 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 11:45:06 »

It was the thing that Salford said they will match his wages which he was on at Bolton, not the fact that its David Wheater per se. He was on £10k pw apparently when they ACTUALLY paid him!

10K!!!! Is everyone playing for second place?

money may not = success. But it does really at that kind of wage.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32074 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:09:41 »

Rooney went there last season on £4.5k pw because the Aberdeen chairman told the press he left them for a 100% pay rise and he knew he was on almost £2.5k pw at the Dons.

They have since matched Richie Towells Rotherham wage which was £8k pw apparently already this season as they needed him off their books after relegation from the Championship.

They may not be massive transfer fee payers but they pay well over the odds for wages.

There is no way we can match that level of budget.

Flashheart

« Reply #32075 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:12:21 »

On 10k a week, over a year, a player will be approaching the entire playing budget for some teams at this level.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #32076 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:16:05 »

As it stands though they can afford it. Let them do it and enjoy it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #32077 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:58:38 »

They have since matched Richie Towells Rotherham wage which was £8k pw apparently already this season as they needed him off their books after relegation
He was only on loan at Rotherham wasn't he so not entirely convinced the numbers haven't been embellished slightly.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32078 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 15:12:50 »

He was only on loan at Rotherham wasn't he so not entirely convinced the numbers haven't been embellished slightly.
Ah right my mistake, well he would have been on pretty good wages at Brighton anyway I would imagine. Having read about it apparently Rotherham chairman said publically that he wanted £8k pw to sign for them and that they couldn't match Salford wage.

Flashheart

« Reply #32079 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:18:39 »

Wellens says they're struggling to shift Dave and McGlashan (quelle surprise).
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #32080 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:23:59 »

It must be utterly soul destroying for all parties.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Flashheart

« Reply #32081 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:34:53 »

I expect it's all part of the job for a lot of lower league footballers. Fucking annoying for us though if it means we can't get in the players we need. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32082 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:50:16 »

It’s the same, though, for a lot clubs. Bradford are desperate to offload Doyle - or more precisely, his £5k per week wage - to allow them to bring in players.

Dave must be on a decent wedge if it’s preventing Wellens getting who he wants.

Or, it could all be part of the dance - ‘We’d like to sign your player but our budget is tight. Something has to give your end’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #32083 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:52:07 »

It’s the same, though, for a lot clubs. Bradford are desperate to offload Doyle - or more precisely, his £5k per week wage - to allow them to bring in players.

Dave must be on a decent wedge if it’s preventing Wellens getting who he wants.

Or, it could all be part of the dance - ‘We’d like to sign your player but our budget is tight. Something has to give your end’

I’d suggest your last sentence is key on both sides of the equation.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32084 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 09:00:35 »

This is just another example of the gaffer knowing what he wants, (players out) but then coming up against the reality of what he can get.

So far we've had Mayor and Maynard wanted in, Yates number 1 target wanted in, Devitt wanted in,  Robinson and Bennett expected back.  So far we've got Yates in, with maybe the chance to get Robinson and Bennett, given we can do loans from Div 3 until August Bank Holiday.

None of this is exactly a surprise, just how it is, and probably much the same at most Div 4 clubs...  when Flitcroft did his recruitment, it was he spoke to 5 players for each slot expecting to get 1. 
Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 2142 ... 3972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: