Pages: 1 ... 2130 2131 2132 [2133] 2134 2135 2136 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8940712 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31980 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:57:14 »

But who will pay a penny for a player who demonstrably can no longer play?
Can't or just not picked?

When he played in his last game vs Stevenage in March he looked perfectly fit, I think there is way more to him leaving than fitness issues TBH.

Toums played a grand total of 32 minutes football under Wellens management, on a 2 minute cameo vs Colchester and the other coming on for the last 30 mins at Stevenage in a game we already had lost at that stage.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31981 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:01:29 »

Can't or just not picked?

When he played in his last game vs Stevenage in March he looked perfectly fit, I think there is way more to him leaving than fitness issues TBH.

Toums played a grand total of 32 minutes football under Wellens management, on a 2 minute cameo vs Colchester and the other coming on for the last 30 mins at Stevenage in a game we already had lost at that stage.

Toums started the game at Stevenage as I was there. He was pretty dreadful and got booked for one of the most stupid tackles I've ever seen. He was hooked at half time if I recall correctly.

That said, everyone was pants that evening.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31982 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:16:45 »

Toums started the game at Stevenage as I was there. He was pretty dreadful and got booked for one of the most stupid tackles I've ever seen. He was hooked at half time if I recall correctly.

That said, everyone was pants that evening.
Ah yeah sorry my mistake, he played 60 mins and was subbed rather than coming on for the last 30 mins. He was not great but it wasn't because he wasn't fit. That was his first start for Town in 5 months.

I don't think fitness is the major issue, there is something else behind the scenes we don't know about.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31983 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:21:25 »

Ah yeah sorry my mistake, he played 60 mins and was subbed rather than coming on for the last 30 mins. He was not great but it wasn't because he wasn't fit. That was his first start for Town in 5 months.

I don't think fitness is the major issue, there is something else behind the scenes we don't know about.

Its a bit mysterious really. At least we know he exists, unlike a certain Mr Misun!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31984 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:24:47 »

Its a bit mysterious really. At least we know he exists, unlike a certain Mr Misun!
Did he ever actually sign for us in the end?

He is still only 29 and still playing in the Czech Republic in L2 for Baník Sokolov.

This is him!

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #31985 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:40:23 »

I thought the two percentage players were forwards?
He actually said he was in dialogue with two strikers, both of them keen to come, 95% sure on one and 100% on the other!!  Also said that those deals might not be done until the back end of the transfer window.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31986 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:44:27 »

He actually said he was in dialogue with two strikers, both of them keen to come, 95% sure on one and 100% on the other!!  Also said that those deals might not be done until the back end of the transfer window.
Someone on the Southend forum suggested we are still interested in Robinson but that any deal won't happen until July is out as we don't want to pay the extra month wages. Sounds a bit Reg like Wink

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #31987 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:40:30 »

Someone on the Southend forum suggested we are still interested in Robinson but that any deal won't happen until July is out as we don't want to pay the extra month wages. Sounds a bit Reg like Wink
And, unless Robinson has already agreed to the same (and has a contract at Southend until the end of July and has a higher salary there....), it's obviously bollocks, otherwise why would we have signed any of the other players we have?

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #31988 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:43:17 »

He stated the reason for that, if I recall correctly - it was that their clubs wanted to have a chance to look at them again before making a final decision. Which doesn't make sense for the 100% one.....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31989 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:45:10 »

And, unless Robinson has already agreed to the same (and has a contract at Southend until the end of July and has a higher salary there....), it's obviously bollocks, otherwise why would we have signed any of the other players we have?

I think its fans of other teams coming on and reading the forum and seeing so many posts about Power being a stingy penny pinching owner who wont pay decent money and scrimps and saves every penny (from several posters) and them putting 2 and 2 together and ending up with 5.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #31990 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 15:21:51 »

I wasn't aware that our trialist keeper Nikolay Krastev had such a good pedigree.

Aged 22 and standing 6 foot 5 apparently and with 5 caps behind him at U21 level, he was called up for the Bulgarian senior international team vs Holland but didn't get off the bench back in 2017.

Played 18 times for Levski Sofia in their top division (7 clean sheets) and twice for Botev Vratsa (1 clean sheet) in the top division also.

Sounds promising, be good to have 2 less experienced young keepers on the books both recognised international level at U20 & U21.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #31991 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 15:33:03 »

I wasn't aware that our trialist keeper Nikolay Krastev had such a good pedigree.

Aged 22 and standing 6 foot 5 apparently and with 5 caps behind him at U21 level, he was called up for the Bulgarian senior international team vs Holland but didn't get off the bench back in 2017.

Played 18 times for Levski Sofia in their top division (7 clean sheets) and twice for Botev Vratsa (1 clean sheet) in the top division also.

Sounds promising, be good to have 2 less experienced young keepers on the books both recognised international level at U20 & U21.

He’s worth a punt I think, been here long enough that we must be sorting out a deal with him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31992 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 16:24:22 »

Wellens

“I’m aware that everyone still wants me to get strikers in – we are working every day but there’s no point me rushing in and going for one when, as time goes by, I can get the one I want."
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #31993 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 16:32:02 »

Always worth waiting that bit longer if it's for a quality forward. Have to trust Wellens on it. As long as it's before August 3rd then happy days.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31994 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 17:51:24 »

Always worth waiting that bit longer if it's for a quality forward. Have to trust Wellens on it. As long as it's before August 3rd then happy days.

You’re putting a precondition on Wellens by saying ‘As long as it's before August 3rd then happy days.’ After saying ‘Always worth waiting that bit longer if it's for a quality forward.’ in the same breath ‘Have to trust Wellens on it.’ Well it might have to wait for a few weeks into the season if the parent club has not given the green light before your August 3rd deadline.
Pages: 1 ... 2130 2131 2132 [2133] 2134 2135 2136 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: