Pages: 1 ... 2129 2130 2131 [2132] 2133 2134 2135 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867808 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31965 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 07:23:12 »

I’d bin Death and give Iandolo a run.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #31966 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 07:43:11 »

With Wellens saying he’s still 95% sure of signing a striker in the next 7-10 days, I presume the 100% player he mentioned last week is Lloyd Isgrove.

Be happy with that. With Iandolo seemingly stepping up we might well be done with the striker.

Did he say he’s 95% done for a striker yesterday or is this just what he said before the La manga trip
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31967 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 07:50:11 »

Isgrove (if he can stay injury free) is a massive step up from McGlashan and would really add to the squad if he signs.

Positive signs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31968 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:05:29 »

Absolutely must have lower league signing on FM10-15.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #31969 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:27:17 »

I think Wellens may still be hoping to get Canice Carroll back as the defensive midfielder.
Wellens liked him, and so did I and the folks sitting near me - we felt that when he was out injured at the end of last season the team missed his ability to to the less glamorous stuff - getting tackles in, breaking up play etc.
However it’s a risk as we’d probably have to wait until fairly late in the transfer window for him.
We won’t need him as right back cover, thankfully.
Panda Paws

« Reply #31970 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:29:56 »

Yep, still expecting 2 strikers and a DM (potentially D'Ath - that's a long trial!), plus Isgrove and the GK. Depending on the quality of the STs, that'd put us in great shape.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #31971 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:42:57 »

Yep, still expecting 2 strikers and a DM (potentially D'Ath - that's a long trial!), plus Isgrove and the GK. Depending on the quality of the STs, that'd put us in great shape.

Getting the feeling that this is what will make or break our season. Well, that and the potential for injuries. Get these signings right and I'm feeling confident of top 3. Get it wrong and play-offs could be the best we'll get. For now, I have faith in Wellens to get it right.
Panda Paws

« Reply #31972 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:52:57 »

Getting the feeling that this is what will make or break our season. Well, that and the potential for injuries. Get these signings right and I'm feeling confident of top 3. Get it wrong and play-offs could be the best we'll get. For now, I have faith in Wellens to get it right.

Clinging to the hope that they STs will be decent based on the calibre of signing so far and the names we "missed out on", but strikers are a whole different ball game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31973 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:39:04 »

I think Wellens may still be hoping to get Canice Carroll back as the defensive midfielder.
Wellens liked him, and so did I and the folks sitting near me - we felt that when he was out injured at the end of last season the team missed his ability to to the less glamorous stuff - getting tackles in, breaking up play etc.
However it’s a risk as we’d probably have to wait until fairly late in the transfer window for him.
We won’t need him as right back cover, thankfully.

I think this is a cert.

Carroll will not get anywhere near Brentfords 1st team, he enjoyed his time with us, Wellens tried to sign him on a perm transfer so I think he is one of the loan signings.

Isgrove is classy when fit, which hasn't been that often in recent years, out and out speedy winger who can fill in as a striker, similar to Woolery in style. If he can stay fit he will be awesome, but we said the same thing about Toums last season.

George Newell would be a "for the future" type signing if he did come, has the build of his dad at just over 6 foot and skinny target man style striker, not set the world alight yet in his 2 loan spells in Scottish football, could be worth a punt on low wages.

I would suggest that Wellens is still after 2 strikers, one a loan and on a perm and also at least 1 more attacking midfielder if we do sign Isgrove.

Shame that Toums has been told he is not wanted but he must be on large wages for us so it will free a lot of that up.

I would think that Isgrove will sign, Robinson or Bennett may sign, we will sign an experienced striker and get in a youth prospect striker on loan, bring in an attacking prospect on loan and bring in Carroll on loan.

Along with the Bulgarian keeper that will be job done.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31974 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:40:22 »

Shamal George and Newell both let go after last night.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31975 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:42:21 »

Shamal George and Newell both let go after last night.
I saw George was let go I didnt see Newell was too. Neither would have been near the 1st team if they did sign.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31976 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:42:41 »

I think this is a cert.

Carroll will not get anywhere near Brentfords 1st team, he enjoyed his time with us, Wellens tried to sign him on a perm transfer so I think he is one of the loan signings.

Isgrove is classy when fit, which hasn't been that often in recent years, out and out speedy winger who can fill in as a striker, similar to Woolery in style. If he can stay fit he will be awesome, but we said the same thing about Toums last season.

George Newell would be a "for the future" type signing if he did come, has the build of his dad at just over 6 foot and skinny target man style striker, not set the world alight yet in his 2 loan spells in Scottish football, could be worth a punt on low wages.

I would suggest that Wellens is still after 2 strikers, one a loan and on a perm and also at least 1 more attacking midfielder if we do sign Isgrove.

Shame that Toums has been told he is not wanted but he must be on large wages for us so it will free a lot of that up.

I would think that Isgrove will sign, Robinson or Bennett may sign, we will sign an experienced striker and get in a youth prospect striker on loan, bring in an attacking prospect on loan and bring in Carroll on loan.

Along with the Bulgarian keeper that will be job done.

What makes you think for a second that anyone will come in for Toums on a deal that will make it worth his while to leave?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31977 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:46:41 »

What makes you think for a second that anyone will come in for Toums on a deal that will make it worth his while to leave?
Even paying a percentage wage rather than his whole wage will ease the budget somewhat.

If he can actualyl find a club that wants him of course. He does still have a decent reputation in football, wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to Plymouth where he was a fans favourite.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31978 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:51:13 »

Even paying a percentage wage rather than his whole wage will ease the budget somewhat.

If he can actualyl find a club that wants him of course. He does still have a decent reputation in football, wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to Plymouth where he was a fans favourite.

But who will pay a penny for a player who demonstrably can no longer play?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31979 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:52:54 »

But who will pay a penny for a player who demonstrably can no longer play?
Who’s said that?
Pages: 1 ... 2129 2130 2131 [2132] 2133 2134 2135 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: