Pages: 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 [2076] 2077 2078 2079 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973957 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31125 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 09:11:36 »

Yes. When I suggested Wellens might look to the back as a priority, many seemed to think I was talking bollocks.... not sure why as it seemed with the likely departure of Knoyle and or Conroy we looked a bit thin there.  As you say front men are generally a more expensive commodity, so a bit of patience required.  There must still be a doubt over Conroy signing...
Not 1 person said we didn't need to get a solid back 4/5 in place. Where and who said that a solid defence was not needed? I for one and several others have always said that the best teams are based on a solid defensive unit.

if you are strong at the back then you don't lose as many games, good teams are built on strong defences.

You sign players when the opportunity arises, these players became available so we signed them, next we need a striker, when one becomes available then we will sign him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31126 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 09:27:28 »

Not 1 person said we didn't need to get a solid back 4/5 in place. Where and who said that a solid defence was not needed? I for one and several others have always said that the best teams are based on a solid defensive unit.

You sign players when the opportunity arises, these players became available so we signed them, next we need a striker, when one becomes available then we will sign him.

Some felt that Knoyle and Conroy would sign therefore up top would be priority for Wellens, as the back aside from a LB was mostly sorted. I prefer to take the as it stands view, if they haven't signed it may well be as in the case of Knoyle they don't sign.
Panda Paws

« Reply #31127 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:27:51 »

Favorite ludicrous rumor of the window coming out of Hull end - Will Keane.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31128 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:31:27 »

Favorite ludicrous rumor of the window coming out of Hull end - Will Keane.

Would have laughed you out of town had we not signed Fryers.

Looking at his career history, he has not played a lot of games, seems to have had quite a lot of injury problems. But having consistently played at Championship level I can't see this happening.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31129 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:45:39 »

Another Man U Academy player.

Wellens does have a type, doesn’t he.
Flashheart

« Reply #31130 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:50:06 »

He does. Let's hope it's the right type.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #31131 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:52:24 »

Don't see that happening but if someone said the name Zeki Fryers a week ago I'd have said that was hugely doubtful as well.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31132 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:56:57 »

Another Man U Academy player.

Wellens does have a type, doesn’t he.

Let’s be fair, over the years they must have had a massive turn over of players that were cast out into the wilderness as being not good enough. Well certainly for the money and success hungry machine that is Man U. Now if only we could get some of their cast offs who are still hungry for another chance to prove the doubters wrong. 🤔
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31133 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:57:56 »

Will Keane is a free agent so it could happen, would be a good signing at L2 level hes never played lower than the Championship, a big target man style striker.

Would be surprised if we did sign him and that would be a statement of intent if he even considered signing for us.

Can't see it happening but you never know.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #31134 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 13:59:39 »

Let’s be fair, over the years they must have had a massive turn over of players that were cast out into the wilderness as being not good enough. Well certainly for the money and success hungry machine that is Man U. Now if only we could get some of their cast offs who are still hungry for another chance to prove the doubters wrong. 🤔

All this is reminding me of Colin Heath. Devastatingly shit. Joined at the same time as Tom Heaton who was and is a good keeper.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31135 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 14:02:34 »

Scored 8 goals in 82 games, maybe he's realising he needs to play below the level he's been at. 

Would surely thrive at our level but you'd think L1 clubs would be keen too?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31136 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 14:06:07 »

All this is reminding me of Colin Heath. Devastatingly shit. Joined at the same time as Tom Heaton who was and is a good keeper.

Unless anyone has trawled the Internet for his goal scoring prowess, none of us will have the REAL inside track on this lad. I bet Wellens and Jewell have though, good or bad.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #31137 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 14:08:51 »

Not forgetting TDOB saying this ‘socks’ player was southern based and not a striker. So lots of ifs, buts and maybes. I think PV May have worked it out?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31138 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 14:09:15 »

I seem to remember Colin having one good game v Yeovil. 

That was a classic pre season recruitment fuck up that led to relegation, on paper it didn't look too bad.  However I'd watched Thorpe and Cureton in training and you could see they had no respect for Kingy's methods which tbf were old skool. Kingy was soon gone.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31139 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 14:15:13 »

Not forgetting TDOB saying this ‘socks’ player was southern based and not a striker. So lots of ifs, buts and maybes. I think PV May have worked it out?
There are a couple of players who are Southern (south of the M4) based that fit the clues, creative midfielders, but each would be a loan player and not a perm signing, so not really any the wiser yet TBH.

Pages: 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 [2076] 2077 2078 2079 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: