Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 [2064] 2065 2066 2067 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8966171 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30945 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:26:10 »

We have most of a squad in place.... think it was 18 at the last count, so give or take a couple of those moving on, if Wellens can shift them, we can expect perhaps 4 more, and the  loans, which with the deadline being shunted to the end of August probably won't see much happen until we've sen a few games and areas of concern are revelaed or pre season injuries, taken into account.
We have 21 players currently under contract.

However J McGlashan has been told he is not wanted, doubts remain over Toums and obviously Conroy until he signs a contract.

Of that number Henry, Twine, Iandolo, Curran, Bancroft, Romanski, Matthews, Haines and Graham will not be first team starters so 9 of those will be bench fillers at best.

That leaves 9 first team players McCormack, Reid, Broadbent, May, Doughty, Anderson, McGilp, Woolery & Rose, If Toums, JMg and Conroy leave.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #30946 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:36:38 »

However J McGlashan has been told he is not wanted, doubts remain over Toums and obviously Conroy until he signs a contract.

Of that number Henry, Twine, Iandolo, Curran, Bancroft, Romanski, Matthews, Haines and Graham will not be first team starters so 9 of those will be bench fillers at best.

That leaves 9 first team players McCormack, Reid, Broadbent, May, Doughty, Anderson, McGilp, Woolery & Rose, If Toums, JMg and Conroy leave.

Totally agree ,  Yes the youngsters can and will take some part in the pre season games

But its not as Reg believes that we have a squad.......

I expect 5-6 more perms and the 3 remaining loans to be announced soon....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30947 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:36:44 »

I'm not counting the lads who signed first year pro terms.... but it was Wellens who moaned about having players in the squad who don't play, and therefore he wanted 20 then loans.  For that reason it suggests he sees the likes of Henry, Twine, Curran, Romanski as potential starters. Al signed on his watch
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30948 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:42:30 »

I'm not counting the lads who signed first year pro terms.... but it was Wellens who moaned about having players in the squad who don't play, and therefore he wanted 20 then loans.  For that reason it suggests he sees the likes of Henry, Twine, Curran, Romanski as potential starters. Al signed on his watch
I would suggest that he does not consider them ready as in his recent interviews he has stated that Henry, Twine and Romanski could well be loaned out to get more experience and he has already said he doesn't expect Curran to be a first team starter yet, all of those can be checked on the BBC interviews or in the Adver since May.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30949 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:10:51 »

We have most of a squad in place.... think it was 18 at the last count, so give or take a couple of those moving on, if Wellens can shift them, we can expect perhaps 4 more, and the  loans, which with the deadline being shunted to the end of August probably won't see much happen until we've sen a few games and areas of concern are revelaed or pre season injuries, taken into account.

All of that has nothing to do with what I said.

We may almost have our squad in place but it’s not good enough if we have ambitions to get out of this division.

If next seasons squad is made up of a majority who were here last season expect more of the same.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30950 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:13:19 »

Blackpool signing imminent. Wouldn't mind if it's Devitt to be honest. Stop the rumours rumbling on.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #30951 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:39:50 »

Call it bored speculation while at work, but maybe Brandon Haunstrup. Followed by Noel Hunt recently, and also follows Noel and Danny Rose. Not very use by Portsmouth either. Again this is all just an idea while at work.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:41:24 by Waffle » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30952 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:41:00 »

All of that has nothing to do with what I said.

We may almost have our squad in place but it’s not good enough if we have ambitions to get out of this division.

If next seasons squad is made up of a majority who were here last season expect more of the same.

The connection to what you say... is this.  You'd only keep Doughty, and bin the rest. We've at least 18 under contract so not going to happen
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30953 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:43:41 »

Call it bored speculation while at work, but maybe Brandon Haunstrup. Followed by Noel Hunt recently, and also follows Noel and Danny Rose. Not very use by Portsmouth either. Again this is all just an idea while at work.
Well we are lacking in left backs and a lot of players linked have connections with Hunt.

Flashheart

« Reply #30954 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:45:47 »

Not an unreasonable conjecture. Ticks a few boxes.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #30955 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:46:07 »

Well we are lacking in left backs and a lot of players linked have connections with Hunt.

True, just wanting something to happen. As I find it amusing the facebook group is claiming 3 signings this week xD I guess I will wait for the flying pigs.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #30956 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:47:28 »

Not an unreasonable conjecture. Ticks a few boxes.

Seems like a similar signing to Reid, but with a bit more experience, if only just. Again, all bored work speculation. Though I don't know if we will keep picking off Pompey though.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #30957 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:55:17 »

Blackpool signing imminent. Wouldn't mind if it's Devitt to be honest. Stop the rumours rumbling on.

Blackpool fans forums reckon its Charlie Adam
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30958 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:58:39 »

I would suggest that he does not consider them ready as in his recent interviews he has stated that Henry, Twine and Romanski could well be loaned out to get more experience and he has already said he doesn't expect Curran to be a first team starter yet, all of those can be checked on the BBC interviews or in the Adver since May.

All reasonable stuff, but strikes me as odd that you bemoan having squad players around who you don't use, then sign 4 yourself....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30959 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 13:58:52 »

Blackpool fans forums reckon its Charlie Adam
Depends which forum you look at, most of their fans think Devitt is a cert.

Charlie Adam is probably too good for Blackpool and the rumours appear to be wishful thinking rather than based on fact.

Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 [2064] 2065 2066 2067 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: