Pages: 1 ... 2060 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 2066 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8960278 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30930 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 17:54:05 »

James Vaughan to Bradford.

Hello Mrs Doyle?

Go on, go on, go on.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #30931 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 21:26:45 »

Anyone else seen this in the Facebook  group?

Supposedly Woolf is coming back on loan?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #30932 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 22:01:58 »

Anyone else seen this in the Facebook  group?

Supposedly Woolf is coming back on loan?
Thumbs up from me if he does.

If Ipswich are sending him out on loan, I doubt they'd want him playing for a team in the same division. He's not good enough for the Championship so a return to Div 4 would seem the only option. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30933 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 22:13:45 »

I think it's off the back of Luke uploading some footage on Instagram of him playing for Swindon and saying 'back soon'.

I dare say that 'back soon' implies that he'll be playing football again soon as opposed to him rejoining Swindon.

That was the impression that I got anyway.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #30934 on: Saturday, June 15, 2019, 22:18:41 »

I think it's off the back of Luke uploading some footage on Instagram of him playing for Swindon and saying 'back soon'.

I dare say that 'back soon' implies that he'll be playing football again soon as opposed to him rejoining Swindon.

That was the impression that I got anyway.
Fair enough.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #30935 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 08:50:15 »

Alan Nixon now saying Blackpool are leading the race for Devitt.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30936 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 09:17:33 »

Alan Nixon now saying Blackpool are leading the race for Devitt.

Makes sense to be honest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30937 on: Sunday, June 16, 2019, 09:55:19 »

Makes sense to be honest.
A division higher and a short commute for the Morecambe based player.

Sounds like a dead cert.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #30938 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:06:19 »

Preseason starts in a weeks time, fingers crossed for some more activity before then. One of those marquee signings would be good right about now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30939 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:18:27 »

We hardly ever make signings until 1st July anyway as thats when players old contracts are up.

I don't necessarily want a marque signing, 3 or 4 solid signings would be far better IMO than putting all your eggs into one basket.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30940 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:24:08 »

We hardly ever make signings until 1st July anyway as thats when players old contracts are up.

I don't necessarily want a marque signing, 3 or 4 solid signings would be far better IMO than putting all your eggs into one basket.

Think apart from Dougherty we need a complete rebuild.

Whilst I get July 1st is the date & for all I know we could have 7 players ready to sign at 00:01 on July 1st but if we want to improve we need to be aggressive & active.

3 or 4 new players plus a few loans coming in late July / early August won’t cut it.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #30941 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:53:06 »

We all know what gets said as the plan in preseason and the reality of what happens are quite different. There is no reason to be concerned at this point but there are checkpoints that start appearing where you lose something.

The first is the opening day of preseason 24th - You want all players there so everyone has the same fitness work, plus an element of bonding etc.

First preseason game 2nd July - all about fitness so as above you want as many of the squad available as possible.

Weekend of 6/7 July they go away for week long training camp - Bonding/fitness you imagine the real tactical work starts etc.

As said i'm not worried at this point but given the rebuild referred to at the end of last season you start losing out on something pretty soon. Training camp is the bigger one, so over the next 3 weeks if the majority of business is not done then i would start to worry.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #30942 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 11:58:07 »

I think we need a left back, a centre back (2 if Conroy doesn't sign), a defensive midfielder (if Toums is not wanted), a back up fullback for each side (1 player who can fill both hinted at by Wellens), 1 or 2 wingers/attacking midfielders, and 2 strikers and possibly a back up or 3rd keeper.

I make that up to 8 players that can challenge for a starting slot and a keeper backup/1st choice.

Anderson, Woolery and McGilp are all decent squad members but probably not starters in each match.

I expect us to sign 5 perm players and the rest be made up of loans, the trouble with loans is they rarely come in much before deadline day as the lonaing clubs want them to play at the highest level possible so will hold on for the best deal.

Which makes Adam May signing surprising, we rarely get season long loanees in by 1st July. They need to bed in and get a full pre season with the club to know the other players and style of play etc.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30943 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:10:39 »

Think apart from Dougherty we need a complete rebuild.

Whilst I get July 1st is the date & for all I know we could have 7 players ready to sign at 00:01 on July 1st but if we want to improve we need to be aggressive & active.

3 or 4 new players plus a few loans coming in late July / early August won’t cut it.

We have most of a squad in place.... think it was 18 at the last count, so give or take a couple of those moving on, if Wellens can shift them, we can expect perhaps 4 more, and the  loans, which with the deadline being shunted to the end of August probably won't see much happen until we've sen a few games and areas of concern are revelaed or pre season injuries, taken into account.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #30944 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 12:20:32 »

We have most of a squad in place.... think it was 18 at the last count, so give or take a couple of those moving on, if Wellens can shift them, we can expect perhaps 4 more, and the  loans, which with the deadline being shunted to the end of August probably won't see much happen until we've sen a few games and areas of concern are revelaed or pre season injuries, taken into account.

Pre Season training starts on the 24th June - will be 2-3 new faces starting at that point

Expect a couple more by the 'bonding session' early July - that will be the Squad done in terms of Permanent Signings

The 3 remaining loans will either be before the start of the season  or on deadline day....
Pages: 1 ... 2060 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 2066 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: