Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 2056 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8969746 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30780 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:41:13 »

The 2 from the list of 18, would be Bancroft and Matthews, - J McG would give 15... therefore 5 to come in, WEllens mentioned a GK if the budgie stretched that far.  So 4 more perms.

One of Romanksi and Curran won't be part of the first-team either. I'd bet my bottom dollar we sign more than 4 players on perms from this point.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30781 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:45:27 »

From his statement today I would suggest that Curran will be one of the players vying for a place on the bench this coming season but not actively challenging for a starting slot, I am not sure Romanski is ready for that.

I think ROmanski and Iandolo will go out on shirt term loans, or 6 month ones and JMcG will be freed.

There is no way we won't sign at least 4 more perm signings as PP suggests.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30782 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:47:13 »

One of Romanksi and Curran won't be part of the first-team either. I'd bet my bottom dollar we sign more than 4 players on perms from this point.

I said 5... one a GK, as Wellens said, he'd like another.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30783 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:52:49 »

Wellens said he wants a keeper... for me Henry should start, sitting on the bench is no use to him, whereas LMc would be fine there.  If Henry buggers up then by all means change it.

If Wellens has signed Romanski and Curran to loan them out, then he's back to last season of having players not really doing anything.  I don't think we're really in the position of having squad men not in the squad.
Why Reg ?,   what has McCormack done wrong to warrant being stuck on the bench ?,  although I don't have a problem with Henry once again what has he done to warrant selection ahead of LMc. ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #30784 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:53:18 »

I said 5... one a GK, as Wellens said, he'd like another.

£20 to a charity of the winners choice if we sign more than 5 more players on permanent deals this window?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30785 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:58:35 »

Why Reg ?,   what has McCormack done wrong to warrant being stuck on the bench ?,  although I don't have a problem with Henry once again what has he done to warrant selection ahead of LMc. ?.
Definately.

I am happy to have LMc as first choice this coming season. Henry has potential but not sure hes ready to start games ahead of LMc yet, blood him in cup games get the players to know his strengths and weaknesses then we will take it from there.

He is still young at 20 and was good enough to earn a call up to the England U20 squad so he must have promise, not just noticed by the Swindon backroom staff but by England scouts too.

Putting him in when he is still that young and him struggling could put his career backwards.

If he shows in pre season that hes ready to start with some great peerformances then yes risk him, until he has proven to be good enough then I think hes fine as backup.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30786 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:05:49 »

Quite simply, at his age he will only get better by playing.... it used to be the case that keeper 2 could play in the Reserve side to keep up to speed, so not such a problem.  So stick him in and let's see if he's up to it...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30787 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:11:48 »

Quite simply, at his age he will only get better by playing.... it used to be the case that keeper 2 could play in the Reserve side to keep up to speed, so not such a problem.  So stick him in and let's see if he's up to it...
And if he's not we start the season with an uphill battle to get ourselves up with the promtion contenders once again,    I have no problem with Henry,   his time will come but whilst McCormack is doing the job why rock the boat ?.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30788 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:16:23 »

£20 to a charity of the winners choice if we sign more than 5 more players on permanent deals this window?

I don't gamble... the last time someone wanted to do so with me was Jayo, bit of luck for him as it would have cost him the price of a season ticket.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30789 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:16:45 »

Quite simply, at his age he will only get better by playing.... it used to be the case that keeper 2 could play in the Reserve side to keep up to speed, so not such a problem.  So stick him in and let's see if he's up to it...

And there was me thinking it would be based upon who was the best keeper would be no.1?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30790 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:19:05 »

And if he's not we start the season with an uphill battle to get ourselves up with the promtion contenders once again,    I have no problem with Henry,   his time will come but whilst McCormack is doing the job why rock the boat ?.

Reg would like to be able to attend games - he doesn't like Luke, some would say for very good reason.  I'd prefer we never signed the bloke, but football is a shit industry with the morals of a Politician, so you either get out of the sport all together or wring your hands from time to time and move on.  Reg hasn't really moved on - if Luke ever gets one landed on him by a fan it will be the day we know dementia has got Reg.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30791 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:23:42 »

Clap Clap

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30792 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:25:03 »

Reg would like to be able to attend games - he doesn't like Luke, some would say for very good reason.  I'd prefer we never signed the bloke, but football is a shit industry with the morals of a Politician, so you either get out of the sport all together or wring your hands from time to time and move on.  Reg hasn't really moved on - if Luke ever gets one landed on him by a fan it will be the day we know dementia has got Reg.
Clap :clap

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30793 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:31:19 »

Carlisle fans dissecting a tweet from the Lee Power parody account as if it was kosher

‘Lee Power
@Lee_Power_STFC
·
3h
Since we are signing so many Carlisle Utd players I can confirm that we will playing in blue next season to make the new players feel at home.’

😂😂😂
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30794 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:34:27 »

Carlisle fans are not well known for their intelligence!

Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 2056 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: