Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 2055 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8969770 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30765 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:26:04 »

No player will be paid wages by Swindon until after their contracts expire at their previous clubs on the last day of June so any player we sign before then will still be paid by the players previous contract until expiration on 30th June each season, unless they were free agents released before the end of the season.Absolutely we need to sign good players, and yes we should be aiming for autos, but my point I was making is that with the right signings we will be pushing for autos whereas with the previous squad, most of which was inherited and not his players by choice, with a similar run of results would probably make the play offs.

Think you need to look at the players we've got contracted and ask the question... do they look like the makings of a battle hardened auto squad?

GK...  LMc, Henry, Matthews
RB... Reid
CB... Broadbent, Curran,  Romanski, poss Conroy
LB... ? Iandolo

MF.. Rose, Toumani, Doughty. McGilp, McGlashan, Bancroft.
Front 3.... Anderson, Woolery, Twine

Panda Paws

« Reply #30766 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:44:38 »

Think you need to look at the players we've got contracted and ask the question... do they look like the makings of a battle hardened auto squad?

GK...  LMc, Henry, Matthews
RB... Reid
CB... Broadbent, Curran,  Romanski, poss Conroy
LB... ? Iandolo

MF.. Rose, Toumani, Doughty. McGilp, McGlashan, Bancroft.
Front 3.... Anderson, Woolery, Twine

Let's judge on August 30th, but there's more quality in that base than previous years.

LMc, Broadbent, Conroy, Rose, TD, Doughty, Anderson, Woolery all more than good enough/experienced to play an important part next season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30767 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:46:33 »

Let's judge on August 30th, but there's more quality in that base than previous years.

LMc, Broadbent, Conroy, Rose, TD, Doughty, Anderson, Woolery all more than good enough/experienced to play an important part next season.
Indeed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30768 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:03:24 »

Of course we need to wait and see, before passing a definitive judgement, but that shoudn't preclude a bit of speculation along the way.

I make it we've 18 under contract, Wellens has said he wants 20 and then some loans. 

We know he'd like to move on J McG, so would give scope for 3 more permanents, presuambly the LB, and a couple of front men.  May has been mooted as one of the loans.  This squad as it stands, is relying an awful lot on Toumani, becoming unNalis, and Rose staying match fit and playing more than the 11 games, of 2018 and 2019 so far.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30769 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:12:35 »

He actually said he wanted a squad of 20 players supplemented but the usual 5 loans.

I’d warrant a guess that a number of those 18 won’t be in his squad.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30770 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:14:28 »

He actually said he wanted a squad of 20 players supplemented but the usual 5 loans.

I’d warrant a guess that a number of those 18 won’t be in his squad.

Aside from JMcG, who do you think he'll move on?
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #30771 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:15:21 »

Of course we need to wait and see, before passing a definitive judgement, but that shoudn't preclude a bit of speculation along the way.

I make it we've 18 under contract, Wellens has said he wants 20 and then some loans. 

We know he'd like to move on J McG, so would give scope for 3 more permanents, presuambly the LB, and a couple of front men.  May has been mooted as one of the loans.  This squad as it stands, is relying an awful lot on Toumani, becoming unNalis, and Rose staying match fit and playing more than the 11 games, of 2018 and 2019 so far.

Take out the 4 new Youngsters that signed professional terms who will be going out on loan and we have 16....

Peter Venkman

« Reply #30772 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:16:58 »

"Alleged" Swindon January target Matt Green released by Salford just 6 months into his 2 and a half year contract.

Big dirty target man style striker, ex Shitty, Cheltenham and Pox player comes from Bath.

Never had a great scoring record but could be the type of striker we need to play as part of a 2 man strike force.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30773 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:18:48 »

Hallam Hope - @reluctantnicko

Christ he was a niggly little shit when we played them, probably a good player to have then!
Flashheart

« Reply #30774 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:21:22 »

1 in 3 scoring record, which is very good for a target man.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30775 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:23:24 »

Take out the 4 new Youngsters that signed professional terms who will be going out on loan and we have 16....

The 2 from the list of 18, would be Bancroft and Matthews, - J McG would give 15... therefore 5 to come in, WEllens mentioned a GK if the budgie stretched that far.  So 4 more perms.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30776 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:24:30 »

1 in 3 scoring record, which is very good for a target man.
Not just his goals - his assists were 8 or 9.

If, and it’s a big if, both he and Devitt sign I think they contributed the best part of 40 goals/assists between them last season for Carlisle.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30777 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:28:17 »

The 2 from the list of 18, would be Bancroft and Matthews, - J McG would give 15... therefore 5 to come in, WEllens mentioned a GK if the budgie stretched that far.  So 4 more perms.
I’d say Romanski and possibly Iandolo. Curran, too if he needs to.

Don’t need a keeper - surely Henry is good enough by now to be back-up.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30778 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:33:59 »

Not just his goals - his assists were 8 or 9.

If, and it’s a big if, both he and Devitt sign I think they contributed the best part of 40 goals/assists between them last season for Carlisle.
I think FH means Matt Green, Hallam Hope is certainly not a target man! hes a quick player more like a number 10 who can fill in as a winger.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30779 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:38:58 »

I’d say Romanski and possibly Iandolo. Curran, too if he needs to.

Don’t need a keeper - surely Henry is good enough by now to be back-up.

Wellens said he wants a keeper... for me Henry should start, sitting on the bench is no use to him, whereas LMc would be fine there.  If Henry buggers up then by all means change it.

If Wellens has signed Romanski and Curran to loan them out, then he's back to last season of having players not really doing anything.  I don't think we're really in the position of having squad men not in the squad.
Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 2055 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: