Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 2026 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8937274 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30330 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 17:30:08 »

If it happens, and even if it doesn’t turn out well, I’ll applaud it because it shows intent - and that’s all we fans can expect - cos whichever way but loose, he won’t come cheap.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30331 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 17:37:08 »

yeah I agree with that Audrey. You can see he knows where the goal is .

Wouldn't break the bank on him mind at the expense of other recruitment. But that's common sense
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30332 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 17:57:37 »

one bantam Twitter user says he has no pace and a bad attitude.

They all have when they get relegated and look like they’re about to piss off, in the fans eyes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30333 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 18:31:58 »

Indeed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30334 on: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 19:06:42 »

Again, as mentioned previously - I still find it amazing how lots of fans seem to know exactly what the players are earning.

I mean don’t get me wrong, we’ve all bumped into a braggadocious footballer and / or an extremely drunk one who has let a few details slip but still not enough for all fans to know all the clubs financial details
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30335 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:38:27 »

If it happens, and even if it doesn’t turn out well, I’ll applaud it because it shows intent - and that’s all we fans can expect - cos whichever way but loose, he won’t come cheap.
Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30336 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 08:52:05 »

Again, as mentioned previously - I still find it amazing how lots of fans seem to know exactly what the players are earning.

I mean don’t get me wrong, we’ve all bumped into a braggadocious footballer and / or an extremely drunk one who has let a few details slip but still not enough for all fans to know all the clubs financial details

However you can pick up details which help the narrative along... so for example Wellens has flagged up how Bennett will need to take a pay cut if he's to sign for us, and that Rovers might have to be accommodating for something to happen.

That Rovers as a middling Div 3 club will pay greater wages than STFC is shown by the fact they spent £96,852 on agents fees.

This is going to be the problem for Wellens this summer, coming up against the reality that what is achievable in terms of recruitment, is unlikely to match what is desirable.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #30337 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:01:15 »

That Rovers as a middling Div 3 club will pay greater wages than STFC is shown by the fact they spent £96,852 on agents fees.
Yawns.

Player wages have no bearing whatsoever on agents fees. Agents fees are paid when a player signs for a club, often a percentage of the signing on fee/fee not the wages, also the agent fees are not paid regularly as wages are they are a one off payment so where you get any possible correlation between agent fees and wages is entirely in your own vivid imagination.

There is no relevance between agent fees and wages at all, not even slightly.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30338 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 09:19:50 »

Yawns.

Player wages have no bearing whatsoever on agents fees. Agents fees are paid when a player signs for a club, often a percentage of the signing on fee/fee not the wages, also the agent fees are not paid regularly as wages are they are a one off payment so where you get any possible correlation between agent fees and wages is entirely in your own vivid imagination.

There is no relevance between agent fees and wages at all, not even slightly.

So for example you think the fact that the 2 biggest spends on agents fees in the Prem were by Liverpool and Man City, against 2 of the smaller like Cardiff and Huddersfield doesn't reflect in any way the wages they pay?

It's obviously not an exact correlation, but a useful indicator.   It tells us that if Wellens wants to recruit in the higher end of the Div3/4/Conference market, it's highly likely he'll have to pay a bit for it.
Flashheart

« Reply #30339 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:11:24 »

Anyway...

Sounds as though Bennett could still be a goer, I reckon it'll depend on what we have already by the end of the window. There's also the difference between what we can pay and what we are willing to pay. I don't think he's worth breaking the bank over.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30340 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:25:23 »

Bristol Rovers Debt to Dwayne Sports up 4.655million to 13.229 million.

A middling club they may be, but their debt is eyewatering.

All this ‘Bristol Rovers will have to help to get the transfer over the line’ sounds like an opening gambit from Wellens 
- if you want a high earner off your books you’ll need to be flexible.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30341 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:36:48 »

Bristol Rovers Debt to Dwayne Sports up 4.655million to 13.229 million.

A middling club they may be, but their debt is eyewatering.

All this ‘Bristol Rovers will have to help to get the transfer over the line’ sounds like an opening gambit from Wellens  

Yes presumably if you want a player off the books and have no takers that match the player's wage or better, it is better to pay a contribution towards his reduced wage, elsewhere?   We may have to do similar with McGlashan.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 27, 2019, 10:43:17 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30342 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 11:44:22 »

This is how it sounds to me too. Bennett wants to be at Swindon where he is appreciated by the manager, he doesn't want to go back to Rovers as Wellens stated a few weeks back and he said that Bennett had gone stale at Rovers and was enjoying football again under Wellens.

He is a high earner at Rovers where he could stay just pick up his wages until the end of his contract or Rovers could pay part of his wages and let him come to us just to get a large wage off their books.

Or Bennett could take a wage cut to come and play football where the manager actually wants him.

Either way I think he will end up with us next season as hes not wanted at Rovers.

I see Rovers had an operating loss of £3.3m last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #30343 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 12:13:08 »

Sounds a decent chance of him coming back here. Equally could see someone like Mansfield or Bradford sneaking in and pinching him. May drag on for a while.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30344 on: Monday, May 27, 2019, 13:37:55 »

Rovers fans have come to the same conclusion as us.

Rovers want him off the wage bill, but not let go on the cheap

We want him but not at the wage level he is on now

Conclusion: Rovers will pay up his contract (or whatever Bennett will accept) so we can sign him.

Personally, I’d prefer if all this talk was kept in-house and not played out in public.
Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 2022 [2023] 2024 2025 2026 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: