Pages: 1 ... 1996 1997 1998 [1999]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 3503491 times)
Dr Pierre Chang

+11/-57

Ignore
« Reply #29970 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 14:51:37 »

As others have said I am pleased we signed a proven goalscorer, even if hes not set the world alight in the last few years but he has not played as low as L2 since he was 22.

He turned down a move to Colchester apparently, a team higher in the table than us and also turned down a move to Lincoln last season.

Yes he has only scored 1 in 5 games he plays but hes a very different style of striker to anything we have at the club, hes a goal poacher paid to sit in the box and convert chances, we have created loads of chances this seaosn and had nobody on the end of them.

The quandry is who to drop of the 6 loanees as we now have Woolf, Koiki, Carroll, House, Bennett and Theo.

I too am surprised nobody else left us though to ease any pressing on the budget.

I am quite pleased though with the 9 signings this window.
Agree with your general thoughts however I believe Robinson was playing non-league football as recently as 2017.
Peter Venkman

+294/-169

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #29971 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 14:55:39 »

Agree with your general thoughts however I believe Robinson was playing non-league football as recently as 2017.
Ah I missed his loan. at Lincoln

It's a grand old team to play for, It's a grand old team to see, And if you know your history, It's enough to make your heart go whoa-oh, We don't care what the other teams say, What the hell do we care, For we only know that there's gonna be a show, And the Swindon Town will be there....
Pages: 1 ... 1996 1997 1998 [1999]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: