Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869325 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29910 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 03:49:23 »

We paid a fee, undisclosed of course, for McGilp. Adver calling this signing the most notable of the 3!

When did we ever start building for a next season in January instead of our usual back end of July dip in the bargain bucket.

Whether these young players turn out well or not at least there appears, at last, to be some forward planning.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29911 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 08:27:06 »

a bit more about the Ipswich RB

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/swindon-town-interested-in-ipswich-defender-barry-cotter-1-5874874
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29912 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 08:49:50 »

Actually gutted we didn't get him, imagine some of the headlines..

"Barry Cotter and the goal line clearance" or "Barry Cotter and the last gasp assist"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29913 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:15:55 »

Seems Marc Richards was set to sign for Port vale

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?37677-What-happened-over-Richards

Someone messaged him on instagram about it too, on their forum

* 2C46A133-4EC1-4C4F-BBDD-57F47F019335.png (558.61 KB, 1334x750 - viewed 195 times.)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29914 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:38:36 »

Can't see FGR going ahead, so Wellens will get a bit more time to work with the newbies in training, that's if they can get to Calne, which is doubtful.

If the call went out fro fans with shovels PdC style.... not sure anyone would bother.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29915 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:53:47 »

When did we ever start building for a next season in January instead of our usual back end of July dip in the bargain bucket.
Never that I can remember, all signings made were/are normally for the 1st team and not as future prospects.

A very different way forwards, get the players playing how you want early on and blood them in gradually into the first team the way big clubs do it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29916 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:56:26 »

Is there still a loan window? Honestly can't remember!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29917 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:59:31 »

We paid a fee, undisclosed of course, for McGilp. Adver calling this signing the most notable of the 3!

Whether these young players turn out well or not at least there appears, at last, to be some forward planning.

Couldn't agree more Audrey.

It seems, at long last, that we are starting to get our shit together. Cleary nobody has heard of these young players we have brought in but presumably our scouting 'network' has been working hard to pick out potentially talented youngsters who we can offer the carrot of first team football.

I don't think Wellens truly wants the amount of loan players we have, but the ones we have, on paper i'm happy enough with. Robinson isn't an out an out goalscorer but has some experience, as does Bennett. I notice a lot of league 2 sides are taking a lot of youngsters from Prem/Championship sides, whereas we are taking experienced players on loan, presumably with potential to sign them permanently if they do well. Seems sensible doesn't it?

Am I getting too optimistic?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29918 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 09:59:59 »

Can't see FGR going ahead, so Wellens will get a bit more time to work with the newbies in training, that's if they can get to Calne, which is doubtful.

If the call went out fro fans with shovels PdC style.... not sure anyone would bother.

Some hot Pie and Mash for making the effort might be more tempting than Jellied Eels or Cockles & Winkles.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29919 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:02:20 »

Is that the same report Batch posted 4 posts up?  Cheesy
I was on the previous page when I posted and hadn't got to this page,  hence I deleted it Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29920 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:02:43 »

Is there still a loan window? Honestly can't remember!
Yep 31st Jan.

Flashheart

« Reply #29921 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:07:08 »

Isn't there also an 'extension' to the window for turning existing loans into permanents? Or did I imagine that?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29922 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:29:36 »

They will train at Supermarine or Cirencester.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29923 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:31:01 »

Being a lazy twat who has rather loss track of where we are, could some fine gentleman summarise our ins and outs so I can decide whether its a Power In or Out sort of day?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29924 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 10:39:40 »

As others have said I am pleased we signed a proven goalscorer, even if hes not set the world alight in the last few years but he has not played as low as L2 since he was 22.

He turned down a move to Colchester apparently, a team higher in the table than us and also turned down a move to Lincoln last season.

Yes he has only scored 1 in 5 games he plays but hes a very different style of striker to anything we have at the club, hes a goal poacher paid to sit in the box and convert chances, we have created loads of chances this seaosn and had nobody on the end of them.

The quandry is who to drop of the 6 loanees as we now have Woolf, Koiki, Carroll, House, Bennett and Theo.

I too am surprised nobody else left us though to ease any pressing on the budget.

I am quite pleased though with the 9 signings this window.

Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: