Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 1997 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8974487 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29895 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 21:54:21 »

Ipswich news reporting that we were apparently after a Young right back of theirs, but it didn’t happen. A bit odd considering we have Knoyle and supposedly back up in Carroll...
Another permanent and one for the future apparantly.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #29896 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 22:38:42 »

It would make an interesting to statistic to see how many off these transfer deadline day signings (and I'm talking holistically, not just STFC) turned out to be proper dog shit or ended up as a round peg in a square hole compared to signings made during the rest of window. The point I'm getting at is, just how many of these deadline day dealings are last ditch attempts at getting bodies through door as either fan appeasement or a shots in the dark?

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29897 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 22:45:31 »

It would make an interesting to statistic to see how many off these transfer deadline day signings (and I'm talking holistically, not just STFC) turned out to be proper dog shit or ended up as a round peg in a square hole compared to signings made during the rest of window. The point I'm getting at is, just how many of these deadline day dealings are last ditch attempts at getting bodies through door as either fan appeasement or a shots in the dark?

It’s like when you shop on Xmas Eve knowing you had a whole month to do it. Buying all the reduced stuff in boots, no one wants it but you have to give them something.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #29898 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:01:28 »

Theo Robinson confirmed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29899 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:02:55 »

well, Saturday's team selection is going to be interesting, if it's on
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29900 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:04:35 »

23.00 cutting it fine..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29901 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:07:26 »

Theo Robinson confirmed
10 years late - One hell of a car journey!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29902 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:08:13 »

I'm actually surprised that noone of any note has gone.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #29903 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:10:54 »

It’s like when you shop on Xmas Eve knowing you had a whole month to do it. Buying all the reduced stuff in boots, no one wants it but you have to give them something.
Or when the lights come on in the club at 3am and you (consentually) grab the nearest thing with a fanny to take home.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29904 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:15:10 »

Or when the lights come on in the club at 3am and you (consentually) grab the nearest thing with a fanny to take home.

Thats really no way to talk about reg is it..
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29905 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:23:14 »

Not really, got another couple hours really. In the sense that, we may have put some other registrations through. Like Big Sam just said on Sky the cunt, there's no real "Deadline Time". It's just conjured up and sensationalised by Sky. He basically just boo-bood the whole SSNTWDD, while taking a nice fee no doubt! Ha!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29906 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:35:08 »

Theo Robinson is either going to play in L2 like the player we signed "gentleman's agreement" back then or be frustratingly shit. Probably the latter but it's a bit of a coup really.

Him and House together might be a beastly pairing. House nodding down or in, Robinson poaching the scraps.

I can't fully fathom how we've got him though? Either the fax we sent back then, has only just delivered to his agent or Fitton has resumed control. It's the closest "knock yer socks off" we'll get in L2.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29907 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:41:18 »

Theo Robinson is either going to play in L2 like the player we signed "gentleman's agreement" back then or be frustratingly shit. Probably the latter but it's a bit of a coup really.

Him and House together might be a beastly pairing. House nodding down or in, Robinson poaching the scraps.

I can't fully fathom how we've got him though? Either the fax we sent back then, has only just delivered to his agent or Fitton has resumed control. It's the closest "knock yer socks off" we'll get in L2.

House won’t even get in the squad now, he will be the 1 loanee to miss out. Also, Robinson is not that much of a coup, since leaving Derby in 2013 he has scored only 26 goals in 180 appearances.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29908 on: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:53:26 »

House won’t even get in the squad now, he will be the 1 loanee to miss out. Also, Robinson is not that much of a coup, since leaving Derby in 2013 he has scored only 26 goals in 180 appearances.

Not sure about that he's only played about 20 mins, but seems to be a problem causer for other sides
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29909 on: Friday, February 1, 2019, 02:40:51 »

So a 1 in 7 Ajose type who contributes little else and a wide midfielder, sometimes flashy but with no end product...and some "for the future".  Soon, with nothing to play for, it may be that STFC will have the opportunity to unearth an unexpected gem or two.  All appears a little unfocussed but in Richie, Peter and Paul we trust...

Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 1997 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: