Pages: 1 ... 1962 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 1968 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868530 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29460 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 16:49:06 »

Is this a good signing or not? As I have no idea about him.

Hasn't played much lately due to injury.... I guess if he can prove his fitness we might sign him for next season, and if he can't then it's probably back to non-league where he has played a fair bit.  I wouldn't get too excited that he's going to turn our season around.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #29461 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 16:50:35 »

Is this a good signing or not? As I have no idea about him.
On the plus side: won league 2 twice
On the negative: three time former scummer. Could be a problem for some, especially if he makes a slow start

If you can't beat them, sign them I suppose

Sent from my moto g(6)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29462 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 16:58:16 »

Portsmouth fans love him
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29463 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 16:59:02 »

Hasn't played much lately due to injury.... I guess if he can prove his fitness we might sign him for next season, and if he can't then it's probably back to non-league where he has played a fair bit.  I wouldn't get too excited that he's going to turn our season around.

We could sign Messi and I'm sure you would find a negative Reg! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29464 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 16:59:24 »

Portsmouth fans love him

They also loved Linganzi and he was mostly a pudding.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29465 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:04:44 »

A bit of a Doughty look alike.

Might confuse the opposition if both play.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29466 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:09:18 »

We could sign Messi and I'm sure you would find a negative Reg! Wink

He has shown in the past that he knows his way round Div 4, and Wilder obviously liked him, and he knows the lower leagues.  It's just when you've only played 1 proper game in a year, it's a big ask to be able to come in and make an immediate impact. It's only fair to the lad to point this out, so that people aren't expecting too much, he's basically trying to see if he's still got a career.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29467 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:11:40 »

I guess TD or Doughty is a goner now or in the summer, was Doughty a 1 year deal?  

Quality player or not, its not our most pressing need. But if its with a view to next season then fair enough.

edit: Oh, its a short term deal, not a loan.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:20:12 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29468 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:11:53 »

He has shown in the past that he knows his way round Div 4, and Wilder obviously liked him, and he knows the lower leagues.  It's just when you've only played 1 proper game in a year, it's a big ask to be able to come in and make an immediate impact. It's only fair to the lad to point this out, so that people aren't expecting too much, he's basically trying to see if he's still got a career.

I know, and the points you are making are perfectly valid. If we get the player Pompey fans promised, it can only be good. However big questions on his injury status and fitness. Time will tell.

We still need wingers and strikers.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29469 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:20:14 »

I guess TD or Doughty is a goner now or in the summer, was Doughty a 1 year deal?  

Quality player or not, its not our most pressing need. But if its with a view to next season then fair enough.

Alternatively Dunne, McCourt & Smith are out of contract in the summer, so could be to replace one of them.
Despite Dunne and McCourt starting the last few games they are not a midfield that will get us out of this division.
Flashheart

« Reply #29470 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:24:40 »

If he's as good as he sounds, maybe it'll give Doughty a kick up the ass.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29471 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:26:44 »

Alternatively Dunne, McCourt & Smith are out of contract in the summer, so could be to replace one of them.
Despite Dunne and McCourt starting the last few games they are not a midfield that will get us out of this division.

Yeah, sorry I read it was until the end of the season and assumed loan. It makes a bit more sense now.  Though I'm still not sure if you can accommodate TD, Doughty and Rose. Time will tell.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29472 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:29:14 »

I know, and the points you are making are perfectly valid. If we get the player Pompey fans promised, it can only be good. However big questions on his injury status and fitness. Time will tell.

We still need wingers and strikers.

Some got a excited by Diagouraga, I got criticised for daring to say he looked a bit Nalis.  It's what happens when you're looking in the bargain basement, you get lucky every so often, but more often than not you don't.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29473 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 17:53:59 »

He is the spitting image of Doughty isn't he!

Several Pompey fans do really like him and didn't want him to leave.

Wellens said at the weekend that we had offered him a 1 and half year contract so we can prepare for next season, that could mean theres a clause to automatically renew if he proves his fitness.

As others have said "on paper" he seems a good signing but where does this leave Dunne, McCourt and Toums? Doughty SHOULD start every game and if Rose can tackle as he did before his leg break then we could have a good signing at this level.

I have heard a that Hull and Sunderland have been scouting Doughty again (both were linked to him in August) but whether he would leave us so soon is debatable anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29474 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:15:45 »

I have heard a that Hull and Sunderland have been scouting Doughty again (both were linked to him in August) but whether he would leave us so soon is debatable anyway.

I know I got shouted down about my Doughty comments but I still feel all is not well. I wouldn't call Doughty a traitor but if the likes of Hull/Sunderland came in for him (or similar) then he'd be silly not to want to talk to them. In terms of pure wages and contract length (job security), they could of course offer a higher wage and likely a 3yr deal. We just can't match that so a bit of a bidding war between the two and get a decentish fee. I'd say £500k in today's market for a L1/Low Champ level player would be decent business, with a sell on.

Have to remember, career wise he was making appearances in the Prem with QPR, only 4yrs ago. It's likely he wants a piece of Championship pie, as he won't have many more chances and it's looking likely that he won't get that opportunity with Town.

I just have this nagging feeling that he'll be sold. Hope I'm wrong and I'm sure many will say I will be.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 1962 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 1968 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: