Pages: 1 ... 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8939350 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29385 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:54:05 »

This. Real shame it's not working out for him because he is comfortably our best player.

Based on what, his previous form at other clubs? He's not been our best player at any time since he arrived. He's hardly fucking played!

It's All Good..............
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29386 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:56:18 »

Based on what, his previous form at other clubs? He's not been our best player at any time since he arrived. He's hardly fucking played!
Yep, based on exactly that. I don't think there's anybody else in the squad with his pedigree. & he's looked good when he has played to me despite, for whatever reason, being clearly unfit.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29387 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:57:01 »

I’d say Doughty is comfortably our best player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29388 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 17:59:39 »

I’d say Doughty is comfortably our best player.
I do like Doughty but I don't ever see him carving out the amount of time that TD has in his career at C/ship level.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29389 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:02:22 »

I do like Doughty but I don't ever see him carving out the amount of time that TD has in his career at C/ship level.

Using that theory, Matt Taylor is our best player by a country mile.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29390 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:05:18 »

Taylor has had a great career but you can see it’s nearly time for him to pack it in, despite his 100% work ethic every game. I hope he stays here and becomes a coach. He’s been a superb player and is a thoroughly decent guy to boot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29391 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:05:52 »

That's what I was getting at, his performance before he came to us has no bearing on who our best player is. I know he's been injured most of the time and hardly been able to show his quality, but that makes it impossible to claim he's our best player.
If you're going on careers, Matty Taylor is our best player!

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29392 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:06:50 »

Taylor has had a great career but you can see it’s nearly time for him to pack it in, despite his 100% work ethic every game. I hope he stays here and becomes a coach. He’s been a superb player and is a thoroughly decent guy to boot.

100% this.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29393 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:10:10 »

Yeah, very true. I suppose I was basing my thoughts on the fact that TD can clearly still play at a higher level (when fit) whereas Taylor is evidently finished. I suppose my logic is somewhat flawed but to maybe try & put it into better context if Messi was out injured for 4/5 months at Barca it wouldn't take away the fact that he was comfortably their best player. I suppose that's what I was trying to say but didn't really put it across very well.  

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29394 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:11:19 »

That's what I was getting at, his performance before he came to us has no bearing on who our best player is. I know he's been injured most of the time and hardly been able to show his quality, but that makes it impossible to claim he's our best player.
If you're going on careers, Matty Taylor is our best player!
See my latest post, I don't think I explained myself very well initially.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29395 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:24:39 »

TD was grossly unfit but  just showing a bit of  form when whatever happened,  and Brown dropped him, then injury.

He's not done much for us thus far, I don't disagree.

What has surprised me is the apparent move to replace him (if that's what's happening) before he's been given a chance to show what he's about. Hence wondering why and finding it weird
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29396 on: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:49:16 »

Completely agree! Another that we are lucky to have. More brains and sense between Doughty and Taylor than we’ve had in the boardroom for the past few years. I wonder if between them they fancy owning a club....?!!!
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 18:51:22 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29397 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 08:27:43 »

Doughty, when not acting like a spoilt kid is easily our best player but I do understand that Freddy is saying.

Toums has shown glimpses of being an excellent player, especially at this level but they have been tempered with idiotic moments and fitness levels as poor as I have ever seen in a professional footballer.

His sending off at Crawley was petulant, his first 4 or 5 games he barely moved faster than a septic tank but when he got fit he looked a good signing. He can pass, tackle, break up play and has a good turn of pace for such a big man.

I hope any problems are resolved between Toums, the club, Wellens etc as I think he could still play a major role this season if he can stay fit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29398 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 09:42:45 »

On the excellent Loathed Strangers' December roundup they stated we only have 5 under contract for next season. One of those was Toums.

I, like many other of the fan base, think there is definitely a player there, but he seems to be beset with injuries and never really being match fit. I wonder if Wellens has him on a really tough regime to try and get the best out of him for the last few months of the season.

Also, where is Martin Smith?

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #29399 on: Monday, January 14, 2019, 10:01:31 »

I did notice on that youtube video last week of them training that TD looked a bit slimmer in the face, so it could well be that the club thought he needed to get himself in better shape.

It doesn't seem like Smith fits into Wellens plans. He looked quite good at the start of the season, but always seemed to fade from games and was always looking for a long hollywood pass.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 14, 2019, 10:04:46 by Trashbat? » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: