Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 [1951] 1952 1953 1954 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8969366 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29250 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 09:09:10 »

There's a sliding interception @ 0:29
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29251 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 09:39:48 »

good old pr company doing YouTube, shows him in an attacking light (looks handy). forgot to include any tackles!
Yeah I watched that yesterday afternoon and thought...well you wouldnt sign a player based upon youtube highlights.....remember Yinka Kasal?

There is little defending in the clip at all, one defensive header and 1 tackle. Still enough teams after him to show that his performances have warranted scouts from a higher league watching him regularly.

If he does sign then Wellens will have signed a defender, midfielder and a striker within 10 days of the transfer window(unlike Flipflop and Brown who both dawdled), yes they may not be experienced but they are all positions that needed filling.

Now for a speedy winger who can attack down either wing and to sign Nelson till at least the end of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29252 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 10:11:15 »

good old pr company doing YouTube, shows him in an attacking light (looks handy). forgot to include any tackles!

he dribbled the ball out of play about half way through the video, he'll be fine here Smiley

Looks to have something goind forward and a few good left footed deliveries into the box. Promising.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29253 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:11:22 »

his positioning looked good (on YouTube).

guess the games changed since psycho, Dix and Sol Davis played
Panda Paws

« Reply #29254 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:12:31 »

I'm going to take a wild guess that we've actually watched him rather than signing him off a dodgy YouTube video.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29255 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:20:12 »

I'm going to take a wild guess that we've actually watched him rather than signing him off a dodgy YouTube video.

If all the other teams which were mooted to be after him are correct, its quite a coup that we have secured him?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29256 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:23:35 »

If all the other teams which were mooted to be after him are correct, its quite a coup that we have secured him?
That is how I am looking at it. Several clubs in divisions higher than us too.

Apparently Charlton are due to announce a loan signing left back today and they have had him watched so hopefully he picks us rather than going back to his old stomping ground of South London.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29257 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:33:09 »

That is how I am looking at it. Several clubs in divisions higher than us too.

Apparently Charlton are due to announce a loan signing left back today and they have had him watched so hopefully he picks us rather than going back to his old stomping ground of South London.

They've just announced they have signed LB Ben Purrington on loan. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29258 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:43:00 »

Whilst I think we've signed players in areas we need (particularly LB and up front) I'm a bit concerned we're going for loans... This season is over IMO, and it would make sense to start building for next season now while we can.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29259 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:49:37 »

Quote from: Panda Paws

we played him in some sort of friendly, so unless we had our eyes closed for the match.. Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #29260 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:51:24 »

we played him in some sort of friendly, so unless we had our eyes closed for the match.. Smiley

I wouldn't it past some of our lot....
Panda Paws

« Reply #29261 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:53:42 »

Whilst I think we've signed players in areas we need (particularly LB and up front) I'm a bit concerned we're going for loans... This season is over IMO, and it would make sense to start building for next season now while we can.

Permanent signings in January are rarely successful and rarely good value. I'd suggest we will see one or two, but realistically this season isn't over quite yet, and if we strengthen well and have a bit of a run, we might gatecrash the battle for seventh (halcyon days!).

As and when it's over, then let's develop our own long-term assets, giving us a clear indication of what's needed in the summer.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29262 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:55:22 »

They've just announced they have signed LB Ben Purrington on loan. Smiley
This has to be good, fingers crossed we can grab him then.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29263 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:58:22 »

I think Wellens still believes we can make the play offs if we make the right signings this month, hence why I think we are seeing them come in early by our standards. He said on New Years Day that he didn’t want to see the season fizzle out if we don’t act quickly.
A win Saturday with a couple of results going our way and it’s back down to 4 points, it’s unlikely but Wellens would be silly to just give up on it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29264 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 12:01:22 »

I think Wellens still believes we can make the play offs if we make the right signings this month, hence why I think we are seeing them come in early by our standards. He said on New Years Day that he didn’t want to see the season fizzle out if we don’t act quickly.
A win Saturday with a couple of results going our way and it’s back down to 4 points, it’s unlikely but Wellens would be silly to just give up on it.
Absolutely, the season is far from over even if its unlikely, a run of 5 wins and the game is well and truly back on.

The earlier we get the right players in the quicker they will settle etc etc.

Many teams lower in the league at this stage have goe on to win promotion so who knows.

And yes, before being called a happy clapper I kknow full well it can also go the other way.

Pages: 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 [1951] 1952 1953 1954 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: