Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 1952 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8970152 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29220 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 11:34:21 »

Adebayo and Alzate's departures officially confirmed.

Depending on Sid Nelson, Town still have 1 or 2 loan places available (I'd prefer it if Town don't get more than the matchday allocation).

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29221 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 12:34:39 »

Woolfenden back training at Ipswich as Lambert wants to run the rule over him in view to recalling him.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29222 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 12:54:09 »

Woolfenden back training at Ipswich as Lambert wants to run the rule over him in view to recalling him.

So if they think he's shit they will send him back here then in other words
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29223 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 13:02:00 »

oh FFS
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29224 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 13:08:21 »

That's a shame but not surprising. I think he could be a regular for them in League One next season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29225 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 13:16:36 »

Not really a surprise, Woolf has a lot of potential but I would say is nowhere near good enough for Championship football yet. His long distribution is terrible but hes looked ok defending in the main.

Ipswich are struggling this season and probably have nothing to lose in playing him in a few games as they are shipping goals.

If we do indeed sign Nelson I don't think he will be too missed, it also free up another loan spot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29226 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 14:25:45 »

Not really a surprise,

Not at all, it's what happens when you're too reliant on loans in key positions, we've now lost all of the 4 loans for one reason or another, and brought in 2. I guess if Nelson returns then that squares it up as far as Power is concerned 3 out 3 in.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #29227 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 14:26:48 »

Hope we can get a bit better in to be honest. Seem ok players but think we may have fallen into the trap of thinking they are better than they are based on the shitness of the other players.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29228 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 14:40:21 »

Not at all, it's what happens when you're too reliant on loans in key positions, we've now lost all of the 4 loans for one reason or another, and brought in 2. I guess if Nelson returns then that squares it up as far as Power is concerned 3 out 3 in.
Loans are the way of the "bottom feeders" but when a good young player comes up then it would be foolish to not sign him if he will indeed improve the team.

Yeovil at one point earlier in the season had 8 loan players(now 3), Lincoln have 6 loanees, Mansfield had 5 (now 3), Carlisle 4 (was 6), FGR 2 (was 5).

Every team in this league relies heavily on loans and in that respect looking at comparisons we have been one of the lesser "offenders" yet Lincoln, FGR and Mansfield all have far more and are doing far better in the table than us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29229 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 14:48:30 »

as things stand we have Conroy and Carroll/romanski/Lancashire for Saturday.

so it'll be nice to know sooner rather than later of there is any chance of his return
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29230 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 15:02:47 »

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/09/por-swindon-lined-up-burnley-starlet-koiki/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29231 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 15:02:55 »

Sid never actually went back to Millwall, according to his Dad. On the 2nd & 3rd January he was receiving treatment to his injury, at Town (loan expired on the eve of the 1st, so technically was Millwall's responsibility. We treated him, under no obligation as they weren't forthcoming).

His signing (loan extension then perm in summer) is purely a paperwork/registration formality. He'll be a Town player soon enough.

One things for sure, he's no longer considered a Millwall player. No shirt number (been given to recent loanee Alex Pearce) and as far as I'm aware the only people Sid has spoken to at Millwall (players aside) was their physio over the phone.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29232 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 15:15:11 »

His signing (loan extension then perm in summer) is purely a paperwork/registration formality. He'll be a Town player soon enough.

If only this had come from Chang....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29233 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 15:21:43 »

If only this had come from Chang....

In all fairness, it's route that is best for all parties concerned. His contract expires in the summer and has been told it isn't being renewed. Millwall will allow us to extend the loan (as we're paying 100% of his wages), and frees up a space for them (see Alex Pearce). The wages negates the negligible/nominal outcome of a transfer fee.

So he plays for us until seasons end and then he is a free agent. If he's been happy here all season (which seems to be the case) then probability says that there is a good to strong chance he'll sign for Town, on a free in the summer.

This isn't Andrew Fitton saying Theo Robinson has given a verbal gentleman's agreement  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29234 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 15:54:11 »

This isn't Andrew Fitton saying Theo Robinson has given a verbal gentleman's agreement  Wink

No its some random on the internet?  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 1948 [1949] 1950 1951 1952 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: