Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8965228 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28995 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 13:01:30 »

Based on recent weeks, if we maintain our form, a striker who puts away 10-12 goals would potentially gets us a few more wins, converting the draws.  That could be enough.  Is it a striker issue though?  Don't get me wrong, you take one right now, but is there something else not quite clicking to give players clearer opportunities?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #28996 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 13:04:11 »

I don't think we will get him. I was asking if just one signing could make that push we need.

you can't really say that you would prefer last season's top scorer (I'm guessing) over a prem loannee?

I'm sure we will end up with the latter though
I don't think we will get him, my assessment of not wanting him is due almost entirely down to his ankle ligament injury which has kept him out for nearly 8 weeks only coming back a week or so to full training.

Also Johnson at Shitty has hunted that he may consider staring him when he is up to fitness so possibly ruling out any possible loan anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28997 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 13:06:52 »

Based on recent weeks, if we maintain our form, a striker who puts away 10-12 goals would potentially gets us a few more wins, converting the draws.  That could be enough.  Is it a striker issue though?  Don't get me wrong, you take one right now, but is there something else not quite clicking to give players clearer opportunities?
Indeed, I would say that a striker with a good scoring instinct may have grabbed a couple of goals for us in recent weeks but actual good chances where we fucked up when in great positions have actually been fairly few and far between. Bayo missed a couple of 1 on 1's with the keeper in his last 3 or 4 games and Anderson a couple too but its not like we are created shedloads of chances and missing the target.

That said I would always have a proven goalscorer/poacher in the side just in case.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28998 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 13:07:41 »

Based on recent weeks, if we maintain our form, a striker who puts away 10-12 goals would potentially gets us a few more wins, converting the draws.  That could be enough.  Is it a striker issue though?  Don't get me wrong, you take one right now, but is there something else not quite clicking to give players clearer opportunities?

I think at the moment if he starts with twine, bayo and woolery and it's not working out (chelt and Woking at home) then there are no other striker subs to make. If we don't get an early goal and something to defend we have an issue.

ideally we have 2 start and 2 direct replacements if needed. lack of competition and goal scoring form means that those 3 are pretty much guaranteed a start regardless and that is never good unless they are all scoring.

even a left winger would free up twine as an up top option
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28999 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 14:00:50 »

Have I remembered this from somewhere. Do we have some sort of link with Central Coast Mariners in Oz?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29000 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 15:05:15 »

Have I remembered this from somewhere. Do we have some sort of link with Central Coast Mariners in Oz?
Its not an official link but the club have been trying to set up links with a team from "down under" confirmed by Clem in an interview pre match last week. The major problem is work permits he was saying, kept referencing Luongo in the chat but obviously he had Italian heritage negating the need for a WP.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29001 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 15:06:27 »

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/exclusive-clem-morfuni-using-swindon-board-role-to-fix-pathetic-australian-pathway-4252836

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29002 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 15:19:40 »

Knew I’d heard it somewhere. Related, then, is that Ross McCormack is returning from them to a L2 club - or, maybe, Motherwell.
Sir red ken

« Reply #29003 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 16:11:59 »

Could this be one for us?
 “Scott Quigley has been recalled from his loan spell with Port Vale,” Blackpool said on their official website.
“The striker, who has featured 13 times for The Valiants this season, is expected to join another club on loan in the coming days.”
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29004 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 17:23:19 »

Could this be one for us?
 “Scott Quigley has been recalled from his loan spell with Port Vale,” Blackpool said on their official website.
“The striker, who has featured 13 times for The Valiants this season, is expected to join another club on loan in the coming days.”
Will be going back to Wxm on loan.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29005 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 17:38:06 »

Even Power couldn’t keep a straight face if he signed him.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29006 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 17:44:22 »

I appreciate the window is never easy, especially when you’re after the rare commodity of a goal scorer and the club is in no man’s land.... but I’ll be disappointed if there isn’t someone ready to come in right away. Paul Jewell is here for a reason after all.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29007 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 18:41:37 »

Not a chance someone will sign this week. Any wanted player will be weighing up options.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29008 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 18:55:40 »

I appreciate the window is never easy, especially when you’re after the rare commodity of a goal scorer and the club is in no man’s land.... but I’ll be disappointed if there isn’t someone ready to come in right away. Paul Jewell is here for a reason after all.

It will be interesting to see if Jewell has any impact.... it would be something of a surprise if he does.

Can't help but think back to the days of TT, when it was clear we were going down and experienced reinforcements were needed, we got in the job lot of loan kids, half way through Jan and Nicky Ajose at the end, when it was all a bit too late.

This year probably no reason to panic, but rather get the right sort of permanent for next season if possible.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29009 on: Monday, December 31, 2018, 19:19:02 »

If he's going for £750K, neither team will want him hurt. He won't play.
Nothing on Devon Live this morning, in fact Stockley was discussing incomings for the Grecians
Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: