Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 1893 [1894] 1895 1896 1897 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8967895 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #28395 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 15:37:46 »

Players brought in now will presumably be loans, so we may be able to cut some favourable deals...thereby stretching the budget. 

Trouble is because we're a middling Div 4 side, then we're no longer able to attract the calibre of player of a few years back, so it's Sid Nelsons rather than Jack Stephens.

Sid got some good experience last year of Div 4, with Yeovil who stayed up by 2 points and Chesterfield who went to the Conference... you could see why on Tuesday, that unfortunately that is about his level.

Yes - let's judge a player on his first 90 mins playing for us. Smart.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28396 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 15:41:19 »

Even though what Flash says is right, it is confusing that Brown has said we are close to the budget maximum yet is still looking to spend some of it on positions that aren’t as crucial as others.
Maybe players being moved out as well as in still.

Sent from my Mi A1
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28397 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 15:46:49 »

Yes - let's judge a player on his first 90 mins playing for us. Smart.

2nd match counting the Boycott Trophy.

For sure players can improve.... but to take the example of someone like Stephens... he made his debut at Ashton Gate, after we'd just got drubbed by Wolves, we kept a clean sheet in a 0-0.... you could see straight away that he was class.
Panda Paws

« Reply #28398 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 16:04:05 »

2nd match counting the Boycott Trophy.

For sure players can improve.... but to take the example of someone like Stephens... he made his debut at Ashton Gate, after we'd just got drubbed by Wolves, we kept a clean sheet in a 0-0.... you could see straight away that he was class.

I don't count the Boycott Trophy as it's completely irrelevant.

Also, it sort of figures a guy from a PL academy (with England age-group caps?) going on loan to a top L1 side could be a better prospect than a guy from a Champ academy going on loan to a top L2 side. It's also completely irrelevant.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28399 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 16:12:56 »

I don't count the Boycott Trophy as it's completely irrelevant.

Also, it sort of figures a guy from a PL academy (with England age-group caps?) going on loan to a top L1 side could be a better prospect than a guy from a Champ academy going on loan to a top L2 side. It's also completely irrelevant.

Of course it isn't irrelevant as the point was that it is now more difficult for us to attract talented loans.   Therefore, the chances of us getting the kind of player that people hope for is limited.  Sadly this is where we are now at... no use pretending otherwise.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #28400 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 16:56:56 »

Of course it isn't irrelevant as the point was that it is now more difficult for us to attract talented loans.   Therefore, the chances of us getting the kind of player that people hope for is limited.  Sadly this is where we are now at... no use pretending otherwise.
I think Alzate disproves your theory and I think we should give Nelson a bit more time to settle in
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28401 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 17:31:19 »

Indeed. Negotiating position or not...that's what he said. So that's what people will think.

Young, unproven,  Brown's comments could have meant if we brought a proven and expensive striker in.
Says today that apart from Eisa, he’s looking to sign 2 defenders and a striker. Either Power has opened up the purse strings or Brown's been crying wolf.

Got to say, that if that comes to pass nobody can slaughter Power for not backing his manager - again.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28402 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 18:08:22 »

But they will though. The "listen to me, I'm important" dipsticks will ensure that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28403 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 18:10:39 »

I think Alzate disproves your theory and I think we should give Nelson a bit more time to settle in

Alzate is essentially an Orient youth.... played a fair bit when they got relegated to the Conference, but B and H A, took a punt, and haven't played him yet.

Looks a bit Colkett to me, good with the ball at his feet, but there's a bit more to it than that, as he found out at Sincil Bank
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #28404 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 19:14:43 »

Alzate is essentially an Orient youth.... played a fair bit when they got relegated to the Conference, but B and H A, took a punt, and haven't played him yet.

Looks a bit Colkett to me, good with the ball at his feet, but there's a bit more to it than that, as he found out at Sincil Bank
Did you go to Lincoln Reg?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28405 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 19:20:48 »

Indeed. Negotiating position or not...that's what he said. So that's what people will think.

Young, unproven,  Brown's comments could have meant if we brought a proven and expensive striker in.

I may be completely wrong but every player Brown has mentioned we are interested in signing goes elsewhere. (Wordsworth and Cox spring to mind)

Is it just me or does he spraff a lot of shit?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28406 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 19:46:44 »

Did you go to Lincoln Reg?

No..... did you?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28407 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 19:51:09 »

I may be completely wrong but every player Brown has mentioned we are interested in signing goes elsewhere. (Wordsworth and Cox spring to mind)

Is it just me or does he spraff a lot of shit?

The unrealistic signing has always been a feature of the Power pre-season.... don't think PB is particularly any more guilty than others.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28408 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 20:02:08 »

Yet early rumours of Doughty rejoining were poo-poo’d due to excessive wages, ability and he won’t drop to L2.

On paper, Dave is a bit of a coup for a L2 side as well. It’s these signings that need backing up with equivalents in defence and attack.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #28409 on: Thursday, August 16, 2018, 20:21:31 »

No..... did you?
No, was interested to see how Alzate had done against Lincoln & presumed from your comment that you'd gone.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 1893 [1894] 1895 1896 1897 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: