Pages: 1 ... 1886 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 1892 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8937015 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28320 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 08:30:10 »

Brown has blown too much of his budget on midfielders. Do we really need Smith/Dave/Dunne for a similar role?

When Richards/Woolery are fit who drops out?Richards in the team means a change to 4-4-2.

Only insofar as if as PB said he wants 2 players for each position then you need 8, we're probably near that. Unfortunately, we haven't got the other 8, well not with credible players fully fit or the 4.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28321 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 08:34:55 »

So why are we offering a contract to Vigouroux .... given his history and Brown having only seen him once when he made a proper rick ?   Likewise why did Brown mention, after reputedly offering Fulham for Adebayo, a move similar to original Vigouroux with Liverpool from Power, that Power likes a punt?

I don't think PB is a full on Power stooge like Luke more a Cooper semi independent, but not full control like Flitcroft.

So why are we offering a contract to Vigouroux .... given his history and Brown having only seen him once when he made a proper rick ? The answer is value but you know that don’t you....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28322 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 08:55:47 »

So why are we offering a contract to Vigouroux .... given his history and Brown having only seen him once when he made a proper rick ? The answer is value but you know that don’t you....

Value for Power maybe... but for me when you're a middling Div 4 side at best with a reduced budget, you don't want to be using up a chunk of it on a dodgy keeper.

It should be about compromise to max your budget... not easy but a high wage keeper is a bit of a luxury in Div 4, relative to the other key players in your spine.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28323 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:27:45 »

Value for Power maybe... but for me when you're a middling Div 4 side at best with a reduced budget, you don't want to be using up a chunk of it on a dodgy keeper.

It should be about compromise to max your budget... not easy but a high wage keeper is a bit of a luxury in Div 4, relative to the other key players in your spine.

Is it common knowledge that Vigs is a 'high wage keeper?'

So what you are saying essentially is that Power should just write off any value Vigs has and just bung more of his money into the club whilst getting slagged off by fans who are boycotting games and thus contributing nowt financially?

Glad we have got that one cleared up.  Roll Eyes  Hmmm
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #28324 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:29:47 »

Reg, I agree about compromising but I certainly wouldn't label Vigs a "dodgy keeper".  Obviously if you do, then he is not worth a chunk of budget.  

IMO, RCC and Moore made major contributions to our failing to reach the playoffs last time.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28325 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:33:58 »

Reg, I agree about compromising but I certainly wouldn't label Vigs a "dodgy keeper".  Obviously if you do, then he is not worth a chunk of budget. 

IMO, RCC and Moore made major contributions to our failing to reach the playoffs last time.

Vigs was a great keeper when he was on loan at Waterford as that was a stick to beat Power and Flitcroft with, Vigs is now a dodgy keeper as we have offered him a contract and thus that is a stick to beat Power with, simple flipping of fact to suit argument.

HTH
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #28326 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:43:57 »

Vigs biggest problem is his temperament, when he loses his head he turns into a liability on and off the pitch.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28327 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 09:58:36 »

So what you are saying essentially is that Power should just write off any value Vigs has and just bung more of his money into the club whilst getting slagged off by fans who are boycotting games and thus contributing nowt financially?

No, what I'm saying is that looks like Power is calling the shots here not PB.

Power has owned the club long enough for us to know how he works.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #28328 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:09:05 »

I suspect it is Power calling the shots on new contracts and contracts lengths. That is the usual job of the owner chairman after all is it not?!

Brown has made it clear he sees Lawrence as the clubs number one goalkeeper which is why we no longer see RCC and Moore. Power is trying to make sure we don't let him leave for nowt at the end of the season. Not really sure what the problem is with this?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28329 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:10:51 »

Chairman/owner in financial management shocker.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28330 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:56:57 »

I suspect it is Power calling the shots on new contracts and contracts lengths. That is the usual job of the owner chairman after all is it not?!

Brown has made it clear he sees Lawrence as the clubs number one goalkeeper which is why we no longer see RCC and Moore. Power is trying to make sure we don't let him leave for nowt at the end of the season. Not really sure what the problem is with this?

The problem is that nothing points to Vigs becoming a saleable asset.... we then lock up a dispropotionate chunk of the budget on at best an average keeper in Div 4. 

Contracts etc are usually dealt with by the D o F.  We don't appear to have one at the moment, although the mysterious Seamus Brady hasn't been heard of lately.  Brady was allegedly doing it because Power didn't have te time.... then he was moved somewhere or other and Tactics did it. It was the the complete failure of that which caused Power to "hand the keys of the CG" to quote SSP, to Flitcroft.

WE may never know but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Flitcroft quit because he fell out with Power over Vigs.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28331 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:07:05 »

I think the fact most successful teams all have a good keeper at the base often gets over looked. Vigs is no where near the worst keeper we’ve had recently but he’s not Wes Fodringham either.

We could do a lot worse as last season proved.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28332 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:25:59 »

I think the fact most successful teams all have a good keeper at the base often gets over looked. Vigs is no where near the worst keeper we’ve had recently but he’s not Wes Fodringham either.

We could do a lot worse as last season proved.

If you look at the stats from last season both Vigs and R C-C had a 50% win rate in the league... whereas Moore a 20% win rate, however his time at the back end coincided with losing centre halves and Brown taking over.

Our best ever Div 4 team had Kenny Allen in goal for most of it, after Scott Endersby flounced out early doors and Joke Findlay was obviously on the piss. Kenny was a veteran who knew Div 4, a big bugger who'd come and gather high balls. He was nowhere near Div 3 standard the following year.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28333 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:27:50 »

the mysterious Seamus Brady hasn't been heard of lately
He moved over to head up the Academy some time ago (before Jeremy Newton moved on). It was announced at the time, there wasn't anything mysterious about it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28334 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:31:40 »

He moved over to head up the Academy some time ago (before Jeremy Newton moved on). It was announced at the time, there wasn't anything mysterious about it

Is he still there?  Isn't that what Lee peacock does  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 1886 1887 1888 [1889] 1890 1891 1892 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: