Pages: 1 ... 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 ... 3978   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8994240 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27060 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 13:26:47 »

Think Richards might have something to say about that.
Someone said he plays more of a 'number 10' role these days? So perhaps he could play just behind Norris and Richards...*

*if he signs
Flashheart

« Reply #27061 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 13:33:44 »

Some on that FB page have gone into meltdown because Waterford have signed some players.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27062 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 14:24:04 »

Some on that FB page have gone into meltdown because Waterford have signed some players.

Exactly why I left that group, i found myself getting far too wound up with some of the shite getting posted on there.  Most members have a mental age of around 2.5 I think..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27063 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 14:26:47 »

I mentioned Cox as a bit of a joke once PB had been confirmed. I mentioned Michael Turner could join up with Brown too. Seems the Cox thing has a little bit of weight behind it "ahem". Wordsworth would be of similar hardworking type as Turner so that makes sense. Be happy if either of them came here at this level. 

We'll soon see.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27064 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 14:27:47 »

The comment of "Could Swindon afford him" is an easy one to answer I would have thought.....I can't imagine the wage budgets for Swindon and Southend are vastly different, even if we are in a league below. I'd have Cox back no problem. Anyone who says they wouldn't want him if we had the opportunity to sign him either hasn't seen him play or is on a wind up.....

Last season PB spent near on a quarter mill on agent's fees for transfers. We spent just over 20 grand. That suggests that the sort of players who they look to recruit are well beyond our reach. Of course, it guarantees nothing, as Chesterfield spent way more than us and got relegated, whereas Accy a bit less and won the league.

Personally I haven't seen Coxy play on the box for quite a while, prob back to his Forest stint, when he looked less than stellar.  His return to his first club Reading, never worked out, but he did better dropping down to Div 3. 10 goals last season in Div 3, certainly better than the 8 that Luke got for Gills, which was the basis for us signing him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27065 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 15:46:18 »

Mullin to tranmere. BBC Wilts.

Good luck
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27066 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 15:53:41 »

Good luck
Good luck to him, he always gave everything when he did play.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27067 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 15:54:09 »

Good luck

*sits back and waits for*

Blah blah... we cannot even compete on transfers/wages with a team promoted from non league.... blah blah, Power asset stripping..... blah blah... relegated next season....  Power out!

Always seemed an honest player so good luck to him, nearer his roots and where he played most of his career, is there a fee as he was contracted and we paid cash for him??
« Last Edit: Monday, June 25, 2018, 15:56:12 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27068 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:03:28 »

is there a fee as he was contracted and we paid cash for him??
Not on either clubs OS yet but I doubt there will be much of a fee involved (£10kish) if any.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27069 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:09:11 »

Are we giving them that much?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27070 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:09:46 »

PB said from the start that we were top heavy in the striking department and to get one in one had to move on. Mullin seemed the obvious choice. The rumours were that our new striker couldn’t be signed until/unless Mullin actually left.

Should be some news tomorrow I reckon. Whether Cox or that fella from Boreham Wood.

TBH, I’d expect more than £10k for Mullin - much more.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27071 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:10:40 »

Good luck
That would be a real shame if true. Would rather ship out woolery or Anderson.
Normally don't give much of a fuck when players leave but I liked the way mullin played. 100 % Evey game and a pain in the arse to mark. I really hope he does well.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27072 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:12:42 »

Are we giving them that much?

Mullin's a great player to be fair...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27073 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:13:20 »

Yeah a funny that wasnt... Always gave 100% from the little i saw of him
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27074 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 16:29:13 »

I liked him, but as DV has been making a career out of lately, he was a player made for a different era somehow.  He just never quite looked good enough when he started but was always a pain for the opposition.  Neither Flitcroft nor Brown could figure out how to fit him in, and I reckon that would be the story of his career before us as well.  Maybe he gets a bit too distracted in the effort department and he needed to be more selfish and stay in the 6 yard box more often.  Fans always love a trier who runs down a lost cause, pressures a defender and causes them to panic a clearance into touch.  Unfortunately, he takes up a spot reserved for sticking it in the net.
Pages: 1 ... 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 ... 3978   Go Up
Print
Jump to: