Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8936223 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #27045 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 08:57:25 »

Ha ha. I remember that.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #27046 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:07:16 »

Since when have any Town fans been rational? 

A few minutes prior to your post, on this thread.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27047 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:25:59 »

A few more posts about the Cox rumour from the Southend forum.

Would be astonished if Wordsworth dropped to League 2, he’ll find a League One club easily and I’d be surprised to see him go west given almost his whole career has been in the south east.
Cox won’t at all. Emotional factor maybe but his wages are supposedly part of why he hasn’t renewed here yet, he’s settled in the area and he had a falling out with Brown before he left so can’t imagine he’d be desperate for a reunion.

id love to see what the offers were, as much as Swindon and PB would like them at the club, could they afford them? Would they drop down another league? They can't be great offers on the table, maybe big bonuses or promotion bonuses or I can't see them going to Swindon.

Makes sense for Cox to go back to Swindon where he enjoyed two very successful seasons adecafe ago and where he may rekindle the lost art of goal scoring, enabling Southend to move on to a more progressive style of forward play which Powell clearly espouses.

It doesn't make any sense at all. We are all entitled to our opinions but I just can't agree with yours I'm afraid. Hopefully he will re-sign next week and then the debate will be over.

Cox won't be going to Swindon

Simon Cox is particularly important given his work off the ball and his ability to make space for others. Cox strikes me as a really intelligent player who thinks a great deal about the game. My hunch is that if he resigns for Southend he could have his most prolific season yet in a Blues shirt under the guidance of Chris Powell.

I heard a little rumour that Cox (and Wordsworth) are headed to Swindon. No great surprise if true, but I hope it's not.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27048 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:31:03 »

I think the most interesting thing looking at the Southend forums is that there are no " I will  gladly drive him to Swindon myself" type comments in relation to Cox. That tells you something in itself.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27049 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:33:24 »

I think the most interesting thing looking at the Southend forums is that there are no " I will  gladly drive him to Swindon myself" type comments in relation to Cox. That tells you something in itself.
That is very true mate, I haven't seen one post that is openly critical of him and his play/fitness etc.

Be good if it comes true, we will soon see.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27050 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:53:48 »

I agree, a decent player is a decent player it doesn't matter if he played for us or the Pox in the past, its what he can bring to the team now.
Don’t let Chalkies hear that sort of talk. Them’s fightin’ words!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27051 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 10:02:39 »

Don’t let Chalkies hear that sort of talk. Them’s fightin’ words!
I did think that as I posted it Cheesy

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27052 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 11:01:01 »

I'm blaming too much sun for your comments JJ. What is the world coming to when a scummer would be accepted with open arms. It's not a world I welcome.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #27053 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 11:41:19 »

The comment of "Could Swindon afford him" is an easy one to answer I would have thought.....I can't imagine the wage budgets for Swindon and Southend are vastly different, even if we are in a league below. I'd have Cox back no problem. Anyone who says they wouldn't want him if we had the opportunity to sign him either hasn't seen him play or is on a wind up.....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27054 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 11:52:52 »

Cox & Norris partnership perhaps, we need another 'target' man also I think
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27055 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 11:59:42 »

The comment of "Could Swindon afford him" is an easy one to answer I would have thought.....I can't imagine the wage budgets for Swindon and Southend are vastly different, even if we are in a league below. I'd have Cox back no problem. Anyone who says they wouldn't want him if we had the opportunity to sign him either hasn't seen him play or is on a wind up.....
Not that I pretend to know, but I’d have thought Cox’s wages would come out of the budget as per usual, then topped up by whatever we get for Mullin.  Tempt him by the squad we are attempting to put together and chuck in a handsome promotion bonus.
Panda Paws

« Reply #27056 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 12:20:25 »

Cox & Norris partnership perhaps, we need another 'target' man also I think

Think Richards might have something to say about that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27057 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 12:21:47 »

A few more posts about the Cox rumour from the Southend forum.

It always makes me laugh when fans claim to know that players are 'settled in the area'.... players are well known for coming out in the media and saying I hate living here its a shit hole....  Cheesy Roll Eyes
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27058 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 12:27:14 »

Pretty sure he still has a house in Reading.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #27059 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 12:32:52 »

I may be thinking of someone different, but I’m sure he met his misses in Swindon and her family all live here? That could help.
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: