Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8967021 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26925 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 08:40:55 »

Nice to see some young twat on fb claiming he figured out it was Mcglashan because he wore the same wring....lmfao. Didn't take Sherlock to work out who it was tbh.

"Dan Brice
It’s Jermaine McGlashan just looked it up on Facebook and came across this video of him. Same wring. If I’m wrong now I’ll look like a cock hahahahaha"

And yes it is confirmed our away kit is all in white.

Unlike the old twat on TEF??  Wink Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26926 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 08:51:30 »

A bit harsh? He's played the last couple of seasons in a higher league than we are. Perhaps not an illustrious career, but we are in the 4th tier.

A lot of our fans are still having difficulty coming to terms with our reduced status.  It's highly unlikely we'll sign anybody other than a journeyman, apart from the loan kids.  It's also the same boat as most sides in Div 4.... which makes it interesting as it's a pretty even league that an Accy can win.  There will be a few outfits who'll splash a bit of cash, but too early to think about that yet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26927 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:06:13 »

Unlike the old twat on TEF??  Wink Cheesy
Absolutely! Cheesy

A lot of our fans are still having difficulty coming to terms with our reduced status.  It's highly unlikely we'll sign anybody other than a journeyman, apart from the loan kids.  It's also the same boat as most sides in Div 4.... which makes it interesting as it's a pretty even league that an Accy can win.  There will be a few outfits who'll splash a bit of cash, but too early to think about that yet.
This is very true, I would say that 75% of our fans are realists and see this is how it will pan out but we do have possibly as much as about 25% of fans who still think we are a top team who should be signing current interantionals and future prospects from Premier clubs.

We are one of the biggest clubs support and history wise in the division thats obvious but we are all competing for very similar players, its highly unlikely that any fairly decent player will come down to this level and if they do then there will be every other team in the division competing for their signatures so that willc ome down to a financial package (most teams very similar) or down to if they have worked with each teams current manager which could give us the edge over several other teams as PB has signed or worked with many players over the years.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:11:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26928 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:11:25 »

A lot of our fans are still having difficulty coming to terms with our reduced status.  It's highly unlikely we'll sign anybody other than a journeyman, apart from the loan kids.  It's also the same boat as most sides in Div 4.... which makes it interesting as it's a pretty even league that an Accy can win.  There will be a few outfits who'll splash a bit of cash, but too early to think about that yet.

Actually agree there, guilty myself to an extent I think. We think ourselves as a big club in a small pond, and to an extent I suppose we are, but we only have a slight edge financially over many other teams.

The last two visits to div 4 don't help. We had Black unwhittingly bankrolling many millions, and before that SSW put a fair whack in to bring in Wise/Poyet and Luggy - and we had the advantage of a few very decent players as a starting base too.

edit: ohh FFS Venks, couldn't you have posted that 30 seconds earlier
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #26929 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:16:01 »

Heard a rumor of another player being announced today or tomorrow. We'll see
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26930 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:16:49 »

SSW put a fair whack in to bring in Wise/Poyet
Bill Power put the money in to bring in Wise and Poyet, although I agree with your overall point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26931 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:19:06 »

Quote from: pauld
SSW put a fair whack in to bring in Wise/Poyet
Bill Power put the money in to bring in Wise and Poyet, although I agree with your overall point.

oh, yeah, sorry. I though bp came later.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26932 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:20:44 »

oh, yeah, sorry. I though bp came later.
Pfft, minor pedantry on my part tbh
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26933 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:11:51 »

edit: ohh FFS Venks, couldn't you have posted that 30 seconds earlier
I tried to but my chubby fingers misplaced some words so I added it after Cheesy soz.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26934 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:20:38 »

Pfft, minor pedantry on my part tbh

Isn't all pedantry minor?  Smiley

Said he pedantically.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26935 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:29:01 »

Yay! A signing!

Isn’t he a player that a lot of Town fans said we should sign before he went to the Pikeys?

Now he has signed he’s getting the meh comments.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26936 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:37:41 »

Yay! A signing!

Isn’t he a player that a lot of Town fans said we should sign before he went to the Pikeys?

Now he has signed he’s getting the meh comments.
A few times once by yourself Smiley

Isn't that McGlashan fella from Num an attacking RB?

Sure somewhere he was linked to us.

I've heard rumours we are trying to bring in Jermaine Mcglashan as a replacement, not sure if he is any good or not

I saw him against Everton and he wasn't great. Maybe a straight swap for Rooney?

McGlashan did look good today but that is first time I've been impressed with him in 4 times I've seen him.

From talking to Chelt fans, McGlashan is inconsistent.
As could be seen from the PO games, where I thought he did well, he's tricky and quite pacy but his crossing is far from great and he's a bit lightweight, going down too easily.
Wasn't over-impressed with him in either of his performance at the CG this season but is still young so plenty of room for development.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26937 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:45:33 »

Isn't all pedantry minor?  Smiley

Said he pedantically.
Good work!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26938 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:48:57 »

A few quotes from the Cheltnumb forum about JM.

Is he coming back? Would he be welcome? Personally, I have no issues at all with him coming back, if he's still got the pace in him. I know there was the "not trying" issue, but that was 4 years ago now and I'd like to think we've all moved on.

it would be an amazing signing

I would have him back in a heartbeat. He got us to the Play Offs and therefore more than justified his transfer fee; he was a hardworking player who tracked back and tackled hard and was a joy to watch going forward. He lost his way a bit towards the end of his tenure, in a team that was rapidly losing its way and I think he had more ambition than the Club had at that time, so I could totally understand his frustration. I remember being at the game at Aldershot when he was playing for them, and he took us apart down our left side (Danny Andrew had a torrid time and was moved on shortly afterwards) and I was really wishing we had a player like McGlashan. Couldn’t believe my luck when Yatesie went and signed him.

He is mostly pace with some skill, I'm just not sure if he has enough skill to compensate.

Id take him back here, The whole training scenario might have just boiled down to a falling out with staff members at the time or even just the manager

Was a good player when he was here and id be more than happy to see him back in a cheltenham shirt. If it doesn't work out then just don't offer him a new deal.

He's worth the risk imo

The club was on the cusp of the 'meltdown' and I cant imagine how toxic the environment was becoming so anything could have set off all sorts of issues. Jermaine is now older and wiser, he's exactly the player we need to ignite some interest in a more attacking style if play and draw people back.

Not my cup of tea, exciting because he ran fast ? most times his delivery was poor couldnt get the ball over the first line of defence. I hate divers whether they play for the opposition or us and he sure was one. He did have a very good purple patch of around 8 games but hit and miss for me

I like JM, he makes things happen.

If McGlashan comes in then he should be first choice in that position, pace to burn but his crossing was god awful at times but he's been playing L1 last 3/4 years so he might have more to offer this time.

McGlashan has signed for Swindon. He will be a useful asset in their battle to avoid the drop Wink

Excellent signing for Swindon.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26939 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 10:51:25 »

And from the Saarfed forum...
Very quick, poor end product. Drop to L2 might be good for him. Very much a kick it and run after it sort of player.

McGlashan at L2 level is a good signing- works hard, loads of pace. Issue is end product and finishing- but if he had that he probably wouldn't be in L2 (or possibly L1 for that matter).

Apart from the 1st game of the season against Blackburn, when he played the game of his life, he has been best used for us as an impact sub running at and exploiting tired defences. He's a joy to watch when running at old has beens or people who are plain cream-crackered! Nice bloke too.

Very fast and has a trick or two but your best(only?)hope of him contributing to a goal is if he gets into the area and cons the ref. Hes always been eager to try this.

Yeah. I also think he did a good job tracking back when we lose possession. He's like a terrier.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 11:06:17 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: