Pages: 1 ... 1757 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 1763 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8983463 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26385 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:17:47 »

One thing is for sure, a lot on here won't accept Mourinho as Flitters' replacement, after his 7 minute subbing of Fellaini.
Fellaini was injured, to be fair. Not that that would stop some from spouting abuse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26386 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:26:45 »

How many managers have we had that can't deal with him? All different characters, all the same issues. I think it's time to face it. The managers aren't the problem....

If you piss off three consecutive managers in L1 and L2 by being a prick, the chances are you're a prick, as opposed to you just needing someone who can manage you.

The sooner he goes the better. He'll either sort himself out and have a half-decent career or he'll continue to be a prick and not have a career.
Fair enough. Equally there's maybe a reason why those managers were all at L1/L2 level, 2 now at L2 and 1 no longer a manager. Look, I think you're right, he does act like a prick and if he doesn't sort it out, he's risking his career. But good managers can manage strong/difficult characters and get the best out of them. Whether Vigs is worth the effort may also be a valid question.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26387 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:27:26 »

One thing is for sure, a lot on here won't accept Mourinho as Flitters' replacement, after his 7 minute subbing of Fellaini.
Well done for comparing apples and oranges again
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26388 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:31:25 »

So, overall in the window we've brought in a back-up keeper, a defender, a CM and a forward. Hopefully won't need to see the backup keeper, not seen the defender yet, but the CM and forward have so far looked quite decent. Assuming the defender is of a similar standard, that looks like a pretty good transfer window?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26389 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:33:31 »

So, overall in the window we've brought in a back-up keeper, a defender, a CM and a forward. Hopefully won't need to see the backup keeper, not seen the defender yet, but the CM and forward have so far looked quite decent. Assuming the defender is of a similar standard, that looks like a pretty good transfer window?
#

As FH said, if the defender improves us then good window. If he's here as backup/not quite ready then for me above average window. Assuming Banks and Richards keep it up!

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26390 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:37:48 »

Last season Vigs was a good keeper and deserved his POY. This season Vigs has been crap. In fact when he was recalled v Stevenage in the Cup until he got dropped again, if it was a shot on target it was a goal. I'd rather he didn't play for us again. RCC deserves his place in the side and should not make way for a very substandard Vigs. Vigs need to go somewhere else and prove himself again. He may become a great keeper but he won't do it here with us - too much water under the bridge.    
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26391 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:45:39 »

Its a shame with Vigs things could not be worked out with him still here, maybe we bought in the backup keeper to soon expecting Vigs to be gone, now we have 4 keepers, although I expect Henry to go out to somewhere next week or so for the rest of the season, but Vigs is to good to sit him in the stands.

How long does he have left on his contract ?
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #26392 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 12:52:49 »

If you piss off three consecutive managers in L1 and L2 by being a prick, the chances are you're a prick, as opposed to you just needing someone who can manage you.

A Liverpool in-law (60 years a season ticket holder...) reckons he was highly rated but seen as arrogant - not the Liverpool style so he had to go. He was gobsmacked we paid money for him (allegedly).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26393 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:18:31 »

Last season Vigs was a good keeper and deserved his POY. This season Vigs has been crap. In fact when he was recalled v Stevenage in the Cup until he got dropped again, if it was a shot on target it was a goal. I'd rather he didn't play for us again. RCC deserves his place in the side and should not make way for a very substandard Vigs. Vigs need to go somewhere else and prove himself again. He may become a great keeper but he won't do it here with us - too much water under the bridge.    

Agreed.

I feel slightly sorry that he will depart under a bit of a cloud having served us so very well for two seasons previously and being called a bit of a prick isn't entirely a "fact"

He does seem to have a discipline issue and I wonder if his judgement in coming for crosses, corners etc didn't actually decline?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26394 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:18:53 »

A Liverpool in-law (60 years a season ticket holder...) reckons he was highly rated but seen as arrogant - not the Liverpool style so he had to go. He was gobsmacked we paid money for him (allegedly).
Pfft, we shouldn't take any criticism from Liverpool of all teams for paying good money for dodgy keepers ...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26395 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:29:15 »

Goddard had a move to Lincoln which broke down prior to stevenage
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26396 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:34:38 »

Pfft, we shouldn't take any criticism from Liverpool of all teams for paying good money for dodgy keepers ...
David James....enough said!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26397 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:43:17 »

No matter what anybody thinks about Flitcroft or this player or that, now is the time for us, the fans, to just get behind the team and give full support.

We are right in it now and could make the difference on occasion behind a getting a point or three.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26398 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 13:43:50 »

Goddard had a move to Lincoln which broke down prior to stevenage
I don't see anything on the Lincoln forum about this, but judging by a couple of comments on there they don't know a lot about us.

Swindon`s performance at Stevenage was reportedly poor but still won 1-0, they lost one key player in the window john goddard to Stevenage

Swindon`s away record is incredible, i think they have won 9 games, A FOOTBALLING SIDE THAT PLAY 3-5-2 they have won 3 more games than we have......NO MUGS

Not sure anyone could ever call Goddard a "key player" and that we are a "footballing side" oh and the fact we have won 10 games away Wink

(Sorry not Transfer Rumours)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26399 on: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 14:06:33 »

No matter what anybody thinks about Flitcroft or this player or that, now is the time for us, the fans, to just get behind the team and give full support.

We are right in it now and could make the difference on occasion behind a getting a point or three.
Spot on, Mr Bellend
Pages: 1 ... 1757 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 1763 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: