Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 1741 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8962456 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26055 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:11:31 »

I'd definitely definitely not take Gladwin if he's going to play like last loan spell.
This.

My recollection was that he went round in circles and the quick pass was alien to him.  With the pace available to us in attack Gladwin would, imo, make a poor fit.  In his first incarnation, he was hungrier, different and we enjoyerd the creativity of Luongo and Byrne etc.

Linganzi and Dunne especially have lacked consistency and for a player of Dunne's non existent [is that too harsh?] creativity or goal threat Ince would make a great addition and was certainly capable of quick, simple passes that found their man.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26056 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:30:52 »

gladwin had a very strong second half to the season to just before he moved (gender the move).

if we got that Gladwin with an improved workrate we'd be laughing.

loan Gladwin looked unfit and, as we know, not a battler. Is he better than what we have? yes. is he what we need to take us up... no (imo).

all hypothetical of course.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #26057 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:32:18 »

gladwin had a very strong second half to the season to just before he moved (gender the move).

if we got that Gladwin with an improved workrate we'd be laughing.

loan Gladwin looked unfit and, as we know, not a battler. Is he better than what we have? yes. is he what we need to take us up... no (imo).

all hypothetical of course.
Good gladwin is exactly what we need. A player to get on the ball and attack players.Let's remember the enviroment he had to join last last year
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26058 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:36:28 »

Good gladwin is exactly what we need. A player to get on the ball and attack players.Let's remember the enviroment he had to join last last year
Gladwin on form would get into any side outside of the Championship, lazy Gladwin wouldn't get a game in the conference.

Gladwin is very similar to Elsnik, loves to run with the ball and can create from nothing.

If Elsnik is fit then I wouldn't entertain Gladwin as I think Elsnik is at least as good, but if Elsnik is nowhere near fitness I would take Gladwin back, get him fit and play to his strengths and he would be a major asset in this league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26059 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:37:37 »

Devils advocate a bit, but does gladwin have the ability and physicality  to play the dunne/Linganzi role (not for me) - I don’t know if flitcroft would go for that. If he did join I imagine he’d go behind the striker(s), where Anderson tends to play

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26060 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:39:51 »

Plus, given flitcrofts fascination with work rate (perceived or otherwise), I can see flitcroft turning gladwin down

Thoughnsaying that this is the same flitcroft that signed Leon Clarke, so who knows

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26061 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:40:12 »

Devils advocate a bit, but does gladwin have the ability and physicality  to play the dunne/Linganzi role (not for me) - I don’t know if flitcroft would go for that. If he did join I imagine he’d go behind the striker(s), where Anderson tends to play
This does also depends on whether Anderson goes back at the end of his loan spell in a weeks time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #26062 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:42:31 »

I think we will lose both the Derby lads and Anderson.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26063 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:48:46 »

The Derby lads are on season long loans?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26064 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:51:30 »

The Derby lads are on season long loans?

But I think that they could be recalled in the window, technically. I don't know if Derby would do that unless they intended to sell them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26065 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:51:45 »

Devils advocate a bit, but does gladwin have the ability and physicality  to play the dunne/Linganzi role (not for me) - I don’t know if flitcroft would go for that. If he did join I imagine he’d go behind the striker(s), where Anderson tends to play
Exactly what I was thinking. Put him in the hole and I think he'd be brilliant for us. I'd take him anyway as he's worth the gamble. I love watching gladwin when he plays well. I think we can all agree Ince is a no brainer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26066 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:53:16 »

I agree to an extent. Ince managed to get hold of things in the same environment though.

Meh. If he comes and puts it in I'll shut up Smiley

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26067 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 11:54:36 »

But I think that they could be recalled in the window, technically. I don't know if Derby would do that unless they intended to sell them.

Cant see it. They're flying in the Championship as well so think its unlikely unless they are unhappy about game time or theres a serious injury.

On Gladwin - he doesn't have the graft but technically is far better than anything we have. Risk worth taking for me, though, that extra bit of creativity (ie - not from a set piece) could be crucial. Flitcroft likes to counter quite quickly when we're ahead and Gladwin tends to slow things down so not sure he'd be good in that situation.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26068 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 12:37:53 »

Gladwin, freed from any defensive duties, would be a great signing. Ince is a complete no brainer to take the place of either Dunn or Linganzi.

But seeing as we defo need a striker and a CB, and Flitcroft seemed to say he’d be happy with 3 incoming, I can’t see both of them coming.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26069 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 13:15:31 »

I'd take Ince in a heartbeat who would really excel at this this level and probably really able to put himself in the shop window after it not working out for him at Bury or Brighton.

As for Gladwin he's clearly not fit not played this season so lacking match fitness as well, I'd steer clear, I'm sure there is better out there we need someone who can walk into the team and make a difference I don't think Gladwin would - if someone (like Ince maybe) can get in that midfield spark it into life it may even help the atmosphere and take some heat of flitcroft.

It all depends if we are working on 1 in 1 out though or if there is a bit of wriggle room in the budget
Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 1741 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: