Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 1736 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8964912 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25980 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 15:56:23 »

Jamal Campbell-Ryce rumoured to be leaving Barnet, I have not seen him play but a lot of Town fans thought he looked good against us, FGR said to have bid for him so far.

Not for me... a sort of slight upgrade on Ricky Shakes
Panda Paws

« Reply #25981 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 15:56:40 »

Nothing in the Bristol News or Sky Sports.

It's just a Twitter rumour based on nothing.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25982 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 15:57:28 »

A

Tansmedia?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #25983 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:03:07 »

Well it’s probably bollocks based on the looks of the originating source.

The success of Tansmedia is due to people believing everything they read on Twitter
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #25984 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:12:52 »

£13.5m for Flint? Never in a million years would they get anywhere near that.
Or to sum it up in cretins terms "no, no, no"

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #25985 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:15:52 »

Now City are pushing for the Premier league what price do you think they are holding out for? If they get an offer of say, £20m, do you think that may force their hand?

Go to the othe bold part of this for the short answer Pint

Well I think they will have to act in this window if they are to get their optimum price for him. BCFC obviously aren't guaranteed promotion (autos or otherwise). The better teams try and negotiate new terms with their top assets, in order to retain them (ie a wage increase now, with obviously guarantees on if they go up, another increase or a buy out clause to let them go at the right fee....etc, etc.) I think we're well aware that Flint has wanted a move for a good while, even when going back on his words in the Summer, when a move didn't materialise. In this window...it think £20m would be the optimum BCFC can expect to achieve if another party were to come in. I would imagine his buy out is at c£15m at this moment. We all know English Clubs tend to pay way over the market value and often it's for English/British players. The transfer market is pretty volatile so I can imagine Bournemouth coming back and asking at £14.5m but then another club could come in and whack £17.5/18.5m on the proverbial table.  A team like Newcastle or West Ham. Can't see Southampton rushing in, Van Dijk they sold to Liverpool is a higher class of player so they'll be looking for a similar acquisition to fill the gap. They could be tempted though (if they want a cheaper option) and BCFC know they have £75m available so £20m would be a snip, especially if someone else comes in for Austin? However, I don't think he wants to move away from the area, but strange things happen in football.

To answer you question in short: £20m - probably not. I'd say they'd let him go at £17.5m.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25986 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:17:49 »

Go to the othe bold part of this for the short answer Pint

Well I think they will have to act in this window if they are to get their optimum price for him. BCFC obviously aren't guaranteed promotion (autos or otherwise). The better teams try and negotiate new terms with their top assets, in order to retain them (ie a wage increase now, with obviously guarantees on if they go up, another increase or a buy out clause to let them go at the right fee....etc, etc.) I think we're well aware that Flint has wanted a move for a good while, even when going back on his words in the Summer, when a move didn't materialise. In this window...it think £20m would be the optimum BCFC can expect to achieve if another party were to come in. I would imagine his buy out is at c£15m at this moment. We all know English Clubs tend to pay way over the market value and often it's for English/British players. The transfer market is pretty volatile so I can imagine Bournemouth coming back and asking at £14.5m but then another club could come in and whack £17.5/18.5m on the proverbial table.  A team like Newcastle or West Ham. Can't see Southampton rushing in, Van Dijk they sold to Liverpool is a higher class of player so they'll be looking for a similar acquisition to fill the gap. They could be tempted though (if they want a cheaper option) and BCFC know they have £75m available so £20m would be a snip, especially if someone else comes in for Austin? However, I don't think he wants to move away from the area, but strange things happen in football.

To answer you question in short: £20m - probably not. I'd say they'd let him go at £17.5m.

That was actually quite an interesting analysis.

Seemingly that 13.5 million bid was made up on twitter (not really sure why people do that?)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #25987 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:28:35 »

That was actually quite an interesting analysis.

Seemingly that 13.5 million bid was made up on twitter (not really sure why people do that?)

Quite, I was taking the £13.5m bid, in good faith. regardless we can move the numbers to still fit the scenario. So if we scaled it down to £15m top price but with a £8.5m bid currently rebuffed. We could easily see £10m paid out for him. That may seem absurd to some but if Virgil Van Dijk is worth £75m, then a top end championship defender, playing an integral part is surely worth £10m? (Also my original figures stand as in these times they aren't that silly any more). Many of us dislike Flint in the "way he left"/"after that game against us" but as a pro he has made good career moves and has delivered whilst improving at each move.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25988 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:29:49 »

Vigorous has told a Chilean newspaper that he wants to leave in January

What’s most surprising about this to me is that id always assumed he was Chilean in the same way Dean Ashton was from Swindon

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25989 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:35:48 »

Vigorous has told a Chilean newspaper that he wants to leave in January

What’s most surprising about this to me is that id always assumed he was Chilean in the same way Dean Ashton was from Swindon

Maybe O'Higgins FC will come calling
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25990 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:44:33 »

Here it is, poorly translated:

Lawrence Vigouroux was going to meet, this weekend, his hundredth game for Swindon Town, the fourth category of English football. The club had even prepared a tribute for the significant event. However, coach David Flitcroft did not call him. He also dropped his partner James Brophy from the list. In both cases there was talk of indiscipline, although the reasons were not clarified. Today, through his Facebook account, the Chilean goalkeeper expressed his desire to leave the club this month.

Contacted by sports of La Tercera, the once selected Under-20s player ratifies his intention to leave. "It's not ready yet, but I hope it's this month. The manager does not like my style of play, he does not like keepers who play with their feet. Now, football is long and bad, "he reveals, admitting the distance with Flitcroft.

The decision, in any case, is more related to his absence in the game against Notts County. Vigouroux tries to clarify the situation: "Together with eight players we were at a meal. A fan took a picture in which we appeared with a beer and sent it to the coach. There were eight of us, but only two of us were punished and sent to train with The under 18s. It's very curious. The other six are new players, he brought them. The other two, we are old players in the club, "declares the goalkeeper.

In this scenario, the goalkeeper believes that it is best to start again. "I have offers. There are options in Belgium, Holland, Portugal and some teams in England. From Chile, I was also called by a First Division team. In about two weeks I will have clarity about my future. I want to resolve it calmly, "says the goalkeeper, whom Mario Salas considered in the preliminary process to the South American that led to the World Cup in Turkey.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:46:40 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #25991 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:46:22 »

He’s right about the football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25992 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:48:01 »

The STFC transfer rumour twitter suggests when Vigs leaves a new keeper will be brought in to challenge RCC.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #25993 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:49:08 »

He's right about all of it isn't he?

Can you blame Vigs if this is true? The only thing we know for sure is Goddard wasn't one of the eight otherwise he would have been named and shamed as well.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25994 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 16:49:52 »

Sounds about right, although the info about 6 other players might come to bite Flitcroft back in the arse if true.
Pages: 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 1736 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: