Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 1649 [1650] 1651 1652 1653 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8971548 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #24735 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:44:39 »

If Power went arranging preseason games without a manager in place he'd be accused of interfering.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24736 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:54:08 »

FB group have gone full mental over lack of transfer movement

It's a little concerning let's be honest. We need to sign what, 10 players? No pre season in place...you can understand frustrations.

It's not too late but you'd imagine Flitcroft would want the bulk of his squad in for his fitness regime that he's mentioned a few times. No point cracking on with it and then 3 weeks later we get a load of new players well behind on where they should be fitness wise.

Still not overly concerned at this point. Think it's highlighted more by the fact there's no World Cup/Euro's this summer, people are starved of football so look towards the club for news and see nothing but how the pitch is coming along nicely.  I know I check transfer news a few times a day with nothing doing yet.

That said...im confident we'll be fine. Might just take a while to get going.
woolster

« Reply #24737 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:58:55 »

It's a little concerning let's be honest. We need to sign what, 10 players? No pre season in place...you can understand frustrations.

It's not too late but you'd imagine Flitcroft would want the bulk of his squad in for his fitness regime that he's mentioned a few times. No point cracking on with it and then 3 weeks later we get a load of new players well behind on where they should be fitness wise.

Still not overly concerned at this point. Think it's highlighted more by the fact there's no World Cup/Euro's this summer, people are starved of football so look towards the club for news and see nothing but how the pitch is coming along nicely.  I know I check transfer news a few times a day with nothing doing yet.

That said...im confident we'll be fine. Might just take a while to get going.
I spotted someone wearing the new home top this morning, hope this cheers you up Smiley Too Cool
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #24738 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:02:13 »

The problem isn't us getting players in, that's not too hard, it's rounding them up to be in Wiltshire to do the medicals, contracts and scarf pics, some of them will still be on holidays which will be one of the reasons why no one has signed yet.

I am confident that we already have a few players "signed" but just waiting for them to come to Wiltshire (in time for pre-season) to do the official duties. They start back pre-season in the next 2 weeks so expect the signings to start happening at the end of next week, DF has been in the job 3 weeks and took another 2 weeks to take the job on, he would have done his homework in those 5 weeks to already have players agreed verbally to sign.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24739 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:10:30 »

Whilst the facebook group are generally thisis type mongs who over-react at every opportunity, the lack of activity is rather worrying at this stage with only 6 weeks to go until the season kicks off. Factor in a decent pre-season schedule and we've got a week or two to assemble at least a bare bones squad.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24740 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:12:34 »

The problem isn't us getting players in, that's not too hard, it's rounding them up to be in Wiltshire to do the medicals, contracts and scarf pics, some of them will still be on holidays which will be one of the reasons why no one has signed yet.

I am confident that we already have a few players "signed" but just waiting for them to come to Wiltshire (in time for pre-season) to do the official duties. They start back pre-season in the next 2 weeks so expect the signings to start happening at the end of next week, DF has been in the job 3 weeks and took another 2 weeks to take the job on, he would have done his homework in those 5 weeks to already have players agreed verbally to sign.

I couldn't resist it but... Theo Robinson  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24741 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:20:45 »

Whilst the facebook group are generally thisis type mongs who over-react at every opportunity, the lack of activity is rather worrying at this stage with only 6 weeks to go until the season kicks off. Factor in a decent pre-season schedule and we've got a week or two to assemble at least a bare bones squad.
exactly, and it's impossible not to take into account previous recruitment patterns too.

You also have Power raising expectations with 'big budget' and 'want to get promoted', not having a go at him for saying it, he has to, but actions aren't matching those  expectations yet.

we will of course get players and get a pre-season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24742 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:23:28 »

When are Leicester back pre-season I suspect they will be this years Spurs or Chelsea and a lot will depend on them deciding who is available for loan?

Surprised no one has signed, but fairly sanguine at the moment, not sure the holiday argument stacks up as I suspect all players don't fuck off for 6 or 8 weeks holiday at our level, however don't contracts tend to expire end June so I would expect some movement shortly from those wanting to be paid from 1st July?

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24743 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:28:52 »

If Power went arranging preseason games without a manager in place he'd be accused of interfering.

That doesn't really explain the situation though. We had a manager when friendlies should have been organised; Williams didn't go until May. Someone took their eye off the ball, whether that was Lukewarm, TT or Power doesn't really matter now.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24744 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:31:20 »

what does Seamas Brady do? (genuine q)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24745 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:35:58 »

I have a gut feeling Flitcroft wont be here come January anyway. Dont know why, just do
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24746 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:37:19 »

Surely, us not signing anyone yet is no different to 4 of our out of contract players yet to sign for other clubs. We all know they're going, but not when.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24747 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:44:40 »

what does Seamas Brady do? (genuine q)

He directs sport....... obviously!  Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24748 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 13:52:43 »

Surely, us not signing anyone yet is no different to 4 of our out of contract players yet to sign for other clubs. We all know they're going, but not when.
Exactly, all contracts don't finish until 1st July anyway and the players aren't even back in training yet for another week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24749 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 14:08:52 »

We, as fans, do this every season.

Signed nobody - Not good enough, need squad in place before July 1st.
Signed too few - Not good enough.
Signed loads - We've rushed it, better players are available after July 1.

The most avoidable issue is the lack of a pre-season schedule. I bet Flitcroft was elated when he was told nothing was arranged...
Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 1649 [1650] 1651 1652 1653 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: