Pages: 1 ... 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8939531 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24540 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 06:29:08 »

Defender Jordan Turnbull and Striker Stuart Beavon have the option to leave the club before 31st July 2017, due to existing clauses in their current contracts.

Jordan Turnbull can leave on a free transfer this summer if he so wishes and I'd be reasonably surprised if Town didn't have an eye on this situation.

Hypothetical question to all, would you have him back at the CG for L2?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24541 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 06:38:00 »

Wouldn't go near Turnbull but would happily sign up Beavon - impressed me when he played for Burton.
Panda Paws

« Reply #24542 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 07:36:02 »

Wouldn't go near Turnbull but would happily sign up Beavon - impressed me when he played for Burton.

Other way round for me.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24543 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 07:37:50 »

I'd have him. Doubt it will happen mind
Stevens

« Reply #24544 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 07:41:11 »

Not Turnbull again, he is a donkey.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24545 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 07:56:23 »

For me Turnbull>Branco.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #24546 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 08:06:33 »

Turnbull was good for for us season one, and less impressive in the return season (mind you who wasn't that year).

I agree Turnbull>Branco/JSW

Forget the name and imagine you can sign a player who was a former premier league starlet, has played 3 seasons regularly in the league above, and is a relatively local lad who plays football the way we are going to play it. Not to mention he is left footed which seems a rarity in defense and is key in three at the back. You would sign him surely.

Doubt it will happen mind you, presumably Cov are paying more than we can/will and why take that sideways move next season when he will be looking for a league once club.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #24547 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 08:16:44 »

Yes. We will need a left sided CB so why not.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24548 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 08:26:41 »

Just had a message from my mate who works at Yeovil Town and he said that they have made contact about signing him, on the recomendation of Darren Ward who is taking his coaching badges with them who is considering retiring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24549 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 08:31:00 »

Surely we can outbid yeovil!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24550 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 08:54:01 »

Surely we can outbid yeovil!
I dunno, that's a lot of turnips ...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24551 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 10:53:58 »

Just had a message from my mate who works at Yeovil Town and he said that they have made contact about signing him, on the recomendation of Darren Ward who is taking his coaching badges with them who is considering retiring.

I thought Ward was doing his badges with us, when he had that spell where he was persona non grata.

Ward is always interesting, as he was bigged up by Power/Cooper as the old head needed to help along the kids. When he was badly exposed by Wolves, at the CG and we started to flirt with a late season struggle, he was binned and Jack Stephens loaned in as a replacement.  We still had TAH coming back and JayMac at the back, for Stephens debut at Ashton Gate.

It was of course a late season loan, the sort of short term option not available to Power this season and probably a major reason for our shitness.  It seems at this point and with the succesful follow up season, it was decided that you could dispense with experience and more or less play kids.

I'd imagine ours and Yeovil's budgets next year will be similar.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #24552 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11:51:48 »

To my own surprise, I feel Branco could be quite decent for League Two.  Have never questioned his commitment or workrate and he does put himself about.  Turnbull (as in Turnbull and Stephens) was quite classy but somehow became a little slow and prone to losing his footing rather easily when questions were asked of him. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #24553 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 13:48:01 »

I agree with this

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24554 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 13:54:02 »

To my own surprise, I feel Branco could be quite decent for League Two.  Have never questioned his commitment or workrate and he does put himself about.  Turnbull (as in Turnbull and Stephens) was quite classy but somehow became a little slow and prone to losing his footing rather easily when questions were asked of him. 

I'd keep Branco, but he'll go, he at least once over his summer op, gave it his best shot. Branco would be good enough in Div 4.

The danger lies is that Power will get another Jones type in to play alongside Conroy, not necessarily bad players but too inexperienced together.
Pages: 1 ... 1634 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 1640 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: