Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 1629 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8967581 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24375 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 16:22:41 »

Absolutely nothing stopping the Trust making this their big thing - protecting the future of the club while potentially supporting it commercially without needing to own it.  Even if they approach it like Wasps with the Ricoh so they own the leasehold over an extended period of 99 years plus.  Wasps essentially got the Ricoh for less than 20 million, which is significantly more valuable as an asset than a dilapidated County Ground.  Would require a monumental effort, but with potential future returns on onsite development, financing could be sourced with the right partners onboard as well (not that it would be easy!).

Power seems uninterested so I don't see him being too concerned if it lowered costs and added revenue potential for the club for zero effort on his behalf.  The Council is desperate right now, so it is a good time to investigate this, especially with their big pet project at the Oasis stalling and they seemed very open to Milton Road Baths becoming an apartment block until the public reaction came through.  As has been shown in the past, a pretty good development that satisfies the need to retain sporting prominence can be achieved while bringing in some private development opportunities.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24376 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 16:54:15 »

Very true but sadly with this council I believe they would sell it off if someone offered them enough cash, I would not want that to be Power as it would not be club owned but privately owned ala the training ground

Of course they would, the local Tories on SBC are tasked with carrying out the austerity policies of central government....know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. Basically useful idiots. That remit is an ideological drive to reduce the public sphere to an absolute minimum, so owning a patch of land to play sport on is anathema, which should be turned into cash. The Tory Brexiteers hope that the lose of EU legislation will make it easier to achieve their goals.....and it won't be in the TE or Bank.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #24377 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 20:33:54 »

Absolutely nothing stopping the Trust making this their big thing - protecting the future of the club while potentially supporting it commercially without needing to own it.  Even if they approach it like Wasps with the Ricoh so they own the leasehold over an extended period of 99 years plus.  Wasps essentially got the Ricoh for less than 20 million, which is significantly more valuable as an asset than a dilapidated County Ground.  Would require a monumental effort, but with potential future returns on onsite development, financing could be sourced with the right partners onboard as well (not that it would be easy!).

Power seems uninterested so I don't see him being too concerned if it lowered costs and added revenue potential for the club for zero effort on his behalf.  The Council is desperate right now, so it is a good time to investigate this, especially with their big pet project at the Oasis stalling and they seemed very open to Milton Road Baths becoming an apartment block until the public reaction came through.  As has been shown in the past, a pretty good development that satisfies the need to retain sporting prominence can be achieved while bringing in some private development opportunities.
It would be good use of the Nigel Eady money to secure the CG via a trust and lease to the club for a peppercorn rent.

Maybe not enough in that pot to buy it outright. If the Ricoh is worth £20m the CG is at least half that, maybe £5-6m based on the £200k a year rent.

Sent from my HTC One M9
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24378 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:26:56 »

Interesting. No thought About Coventry City in that!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #24379 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:38:44 »

Well, let's be thankful he hasn't. If the club had owned the CG at any point over the past two decades, we'd have been a lot more attractive to asset-strippers and I suspect would be much worse off than we are now. I despair at the council and their attitude to not just STFC but the whole town, but perversely the ground being council owned has actually provided it, and hence us, a small degree of protection from the worst excesses of the Jeds and Mikey Ds of this world.
This

In their world, the Council is the next best thing to a Trustee owner
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #24380 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:41:56 »

It would be good use of the Nigel Eady money to secure the CG via a trust and lease to the club for a peppercorn rent.

I'd charge Power what we're charging now, getting good money back would lead the club to be more likely to be owned by the Trust in the future.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24381 on: Friday, February 10, 2017, 22:45:57 »

If the Ricoh is worth £20m the CG is at least half that, maybe £5-6m based on the £200k a year rent.
Nowhere near either of those figures
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24382 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 03:40:46 »

Interesting. No thought About Coventry City in that!

Not when trying to get a value comparison on a football ground.  Coventry are, along with Blackpool, showing why the football authorities have lost the plot.  Their owners are a warning shot to anyone daft enough to pressure Power out without good evidence of wrong doings - things actually could be worse.  How in the world a company who had a sole history of breaking up distressed companies for profit were ever allowed to run a community asset is beyond me.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24383 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 16:22:06 »

Maybe not enough in that pot to buy it outright. If the Ricoh is worth £20m the CG is at least half that, maybe £5-6m based on the £200k a year rent.

Sent from my HTC One M9

Applying the average commercial yield to that (admittedly back of fag packet) also considering the covenant etc, it's probably worth £3m tops.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24384 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:45:25 »

Looks like the defence is closing/has closed in the Ince case.  Guess we'll find out today if a transfer to HMP is on the cards.

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Reading-Crown-Court.php

(Yeah, being a bit flippant about a serious matter, sorry. Justice will prevail one way or t'other).

edit: Er that site isn't always best in updating. I have my doubts on "Case adjourned until 00:00"
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:47:01 by Batch » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24385 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:19:27 »

Rohan GREG Ince. Heh.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24386 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 14:03:29 »

Looks like the defence is closing/has closed in the Ince case.  Guess we'll find out today if a transfer to HMP is on the cards.

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Reading-Crown-Court.php

(Yeah, being a bit flippant about a serious matter, sorry. Justice will prevail one way or t'other).

edit: Er that site isn't always best in updating. I have my doubts on "Case adjourned until 00:00"

Some crackers in there.....

Damion Aka Angel De Burgh Aka Kac -Up for Fraud and deception by any chance?

Paul Charles Nutbeam - Interesting surname... Gangster... Paul "the Nut" Nutbeam...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #24387 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 14:05:27 »

Nowhere near either of those figures
What are the figures
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24388 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:13:33 »

NOT GUILTY verdict.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2871733/brighton-and-hove-albion-ace-rohan-ince-found-not-guilty-of-battering-a-club-bouncer-in-a-christmas-day-attack/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24389 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:23:51 »

Good
Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 1629 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: