Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 1615 ... 4148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9784142 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24165 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:34:44 »

One of the reasons I'm struggling to get behind the team is that we don't have one - just borrowed players who will be gone at the end of the season.

I'm hopeful that some of these may be with a view to join permanently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #24166 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:35:41 »

I'm hopeful that some of these may be with a view to join permanently.

Lets hope so.........
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #24167 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:37:06 »

One of the reasons I'm struggling to get behind the team is that we don't have one - just borrowed players who will be gone at the end of the season.

Considering we only had 2 till 3 weeks ago, this was our own team but were lacking in quality hence you bring in who you can, I would guess Ince and ajose will be perms in the summer if we stay up.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #24168 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:40:28 »

Considering we only had 2 till 3 weeks ago, this was our own team but were lacking in quality hence you bring in who you can, I would guess Ince and ajose will be perms in the summer if we stay up.

I'm just old school where the team hardly changed from season to season - none of this new team every two years padded out with loanees.

I will say that Ajose and Ince are two quality signings though.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #24169 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:40:56 »

So 2 of the Chelsea three can't even be in the match day squad because of these two new loans. I'm sure Ajose/Ince are better to have but it means the bench remains just as shit as normal. (actually the bench is more shit as Murray is gone and we cant put the loanee that drops out on the bench!!!) Why would Chelsea want us to have players that are not even in the 18?! Just seems so backward!

Also why do these loans really give a fuck about the relegation scrap.

Its an improvement for sure so i'm mildly satisfied but the club is a complete joke!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:42:52 by Riddick » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24170 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:41:29 »

Or does it if one is trying to extract ones self from a hole and doesn't want to get permanents in on Div 3 wages if we are likely to end up in Div 4 by end May..

Bet hedging?
yes I get that, anything but relegation then we "go again"

but i was commenting on 7 loans and linked to an eighth ... doesn't make sense.

unless the Chelsea lot do a Tottenham lot conversion to perm, or two are sent back.

don't see the patent clubs bring happy if we settle on the current situation.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #24171 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:41:50 »

I'm just old school where the team hardly changed from season to season - none of this new team every two years padded out with loanees.

hence why they are loans incase we get relegated, if we were mid-table, probably would have got them on perms
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24172 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:42:38 »

^^^^^ soapy tit wank good one Gareth ^^^^
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24173 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:43:16 »

Quote from: Bewster

those days are rapidly going. we are the extreme of that though..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24174 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:43:57 »

The way the "business plan" is being run at the moment, can't see us doing anything but fighting against relegation year after year

I think the dealings of the last few weeks are a desperate illustration/acceptance that the model has failed - for this year at least?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24175 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:44:18 »

Good insider knowledge at the BBC. I'd forgotten that. Knew I remembered the name from somewhere. It was a superb strike a couple of seasons back.

Quote from: BBC Sport
Done deal - Ince to Swindon
Posted at
18:40
There you go, we are up and running already. Rohan Ince, who if memory serves scored an absolute wonder goal once at Swindon, signs for them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24176 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:45:07 »

I think the dealings of the last few weeks are a desperate illustration/acceptance that the model has failed - for this year at least?

Let's hope that's how Power sees it. Friday's phone in will be interesting, as long as people ask the right questions.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24177 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:47:46 »

Good insider knowledge at the BBC. I'd forgotten that. Knew I remembered the name from somewhere. It was a superb strike a couple of seasons back.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24178 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 17:50:56 »

From my Brigton supporting mate (who is usually relatively balanced if smug)

Looking really decent when he first started playing for us but soon looked way out of his depth - gives the ball away simply far too much in midfield

He'll fit right in. If he scores a goal or two like the above I'll be very happy mind.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #24179 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 18:09:35 »

Don't care as long as he can stifle attacks and protect our defence a bit. A player like that is so crucial especially away from home. Rovers away was so easy to visualise through listening on the radio. Wave after wave of attack because we had nobody who's natural game is to destroy attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 1615 ... 4148   Go Up
Print
Jump to: