Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9124445 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 18:08:43 »

Quote from: "Panda Paws"
Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Was Myrie-Williams on loan at Cheltenham last season?  Thought he looked quite decent if it was him. young as well.

Yes. Good signing if true.

Wasn't he the player who took an awful dip in front of us at Cheltenham? I personally think he comes in and out of games and didn't do a great deal but hey ho

Yep, I remember that right in front of me,  I lurched forward to give the Shithead some abuse, then realised I was sitting down.
lebowski

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 19:02:08 »

Highlight of that game being of course when the Cheltenham player somersaulted over the advertising hoarding into the away end.

That was right in front of me.
McLovin

« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 20:04:32 »

Full-back from Swansea apparently
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 20:07:50 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Highlight of that game being of course when the Cheltenham player somersaulted over the advertising hoarding into the away end.

That was Shane Duff, who's a Swindon boy.  Think I read somewhere he was an STFC fan as a kid, so probably just wanted to get in with us.

Highlight of that game was seeing fB at a match  :shock:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 07:31:32 »

Quote from: "McLovin"

Kevin Amankwaah, out of contract, didn't catch the entirety of the story on BBCRS this morning
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 07:35:20 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "McLovin"

Kevin Amankwaah, out of contract, didn't catch the entirety of the story on BBCRS this morning

It was in the adver too. Just waiting for the link.
fatbury

« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 07:57:38 »

he was the bloke who was in that car crash with Aaron Brown while they were at Shitty ... was pretty good at Yeovil I remember ... almost a winger as much as a full back .. good signing if true
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 08:21:31 »

Quote from: "Wood_Ayre"

It was in the adver too. Just waiting for the link.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2316183.0.aman_for_next_season.php

SWANSEA City full-back Kevin Amankwaah looks set to become Maurice Malpas's first summer signing - but the Town boss has ruled out a move for Southend United striker Richie Foran.

The Advertiser understands Amankwaah has agreed personal terms with Swindon and could put pen to paper within the next few weeks, subject to a medical.

The 26-year-old former Bristol City and Yeovil Town defender should provide stiff competition for Jack Smith at right back, as Malpas looks to build a squad capable of mounting a promotion push.

With Scott Murray confirmed as a transfer target yesterday, it would appear Malpas is about halve his full-back dilemma by signing another Ashton Gate old boy.

Amankwaah began his professional career at Bristol City in 2000, and though injury interrupted his progress he went on to make 54 appearances, netting once.

He then enjoyed loan spells at Torquay United, Cheltenham and Yeovil before signing permanently for the Glovers in 2005.
advertisement

After making 44 appearances at Huish Park, Amankwaah signed for Swansea City in July 2006, helping the Welsh side win promotion to the Championship last season.

Malpas remained tight-lipped on speculation linking Amankwaah to the County Ground, but was quick to rule out a move for Southend hitman Foran.

Media sources in Essex reported that Swindon and Aberdeen were both tracking the transfer-listed striker, but Malpas was quick to pour cold water over the rumours.

He said: "I had Richie when I was at Motherwell but I can tell you that I'm not interested in signing him.

"I only spoke to his agent the other day and Richie's name never even came up in the conversation.

"A striker is the last place I am looking right now because I have other priorities.

"Things have been quite slow this summer but we are working hard behind the scenes to make things happen."

# Town have now sold 2,366 season tickets for the 2008/09 campaign as the Race to 6k continues to gather momentum.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 09:45:55 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

That was Shane Duff, who's a Swindon boy.  Think I read somewhere he was an STFC fan as a kid, so probably just wanted to get in with us.

He was in my boys team as a kid  Cool

Hes a fucking good cricketer too, his team (Shipton under Wychwood) won the national village KO a couple of years back
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 10:56:39 »

awankerman is shit isnt he?

Swansea fans must be jumping for joy that he's going....still sign him and Mariappa (ok, I know we wont bet both) then we could almost put out a team of Watford/City 'rejects'
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 15:48:48 »

Wow what a signing  :shock:
sonic youth

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 16:02:10 »

Quote from: "tans"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

He was in my boys team as a kid  Cool

Hes a fucking good cricketer too, his team (Shipton under Wychwood) won the national village KO a couple of years back

one of my colleagues plays for shipton. he's a town fan too.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 17:08:57 »

Me to, he landed on my foot and ruined my shoe

I come from a land down-under
broomfield

« Reply #253 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 14:47:40 »

Eveyone who wanted to sign Lee Holmes after his release from Walsall can forget it!!

I see that he has signed for Southampton on a Bosman according to the Saints website.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #254 on: Friday, June 6, 2008, 14:48:35 »

Quote from: "broomfield"
Eveyone who wanted to sign Lee Holmes after his release from Walsall can forget it!!

Derby and I will.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: