Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 1552 [1553] 1554 1555 1556 ... 4030   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9267515 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23280 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 02:01:19 »

I love the club regardless of whos in charge and go when I can.

Basically.

This conversation of "how much do you care anymore" keeps cropping up and fair enough if you are disillusioned, but it's all fairly repetitive now. Either you care or you don't, and if you don't, there are plenty of (excellent) threads about cheese here.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #23281 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 07:30:54 »

I come to this thread for rumours and end up leaving contemplating my mortality.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23282 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 08:40:50 »

Lee Power dismantled the 'rollercoaster' and has seemingly turned Town into a Football League filler side. In many ways this is a good thing but a lot of us don't know any different from the 'circus' of supporting the club over the last few decades. His one significant attempt at doing anything close to national interest (announcing Sherwood) resulted in more questions than answers.

We've had 30+ years of pretty much non-stop silliness (bad and good). Heck, it's almost two years since we've been associated with the High Court.

As fans we needed a reaction to the loss PNE loss. We got some joy from Ajose chalked off by a shit fee when he left, a few glamour friendlies, a goalkeeper with a cool surname and a collection of 'could go either way' decisions that went the way we didn't want it to go.

We'll get a few players who are so inexperienced they might not have a Wikipedia page, we'll survive relegation and run the risk of a repeat.

'It-could-go-either-way'

!!!NOW GIVE ME A TRANSFER RUMOUR!!!

I do think Power genuinely believed it was an exciting thing for the club to have Sherwood on board. I applaud him for recognising something needed to be done, and I think he thinks Sherwood would have a big, positive impact. All it's done is created more scepticism.

At the end of the day we have to find a way of lashing out when we aren't doing well, it's the same at every football club. Ipswich, for example, are a club I know fairly well and they are dogshit atm. Their fans can't decide if they hate the owner or big Mick. We have an easy target for our frustration. A club in more shit than us off the field, Reading are being asset stripped left, right and centre but their fans don't give a shit because they're 3rd in the table. Same with Bury fans early in the season, they didn't seem to care that they are being run terribly, but they do now because they're shit again.

The best description I've heard of football fans are needy partners. We're a bit jilted at the moment, so we pretend we don't care so it doesn't hurt.. but we do. That's why we're on here and we check the results and we lash out. I get that some people do genuinely lose interest but I don't think the "I don't care" is true at all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23283 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 08:43:33 »

Apologies for going off on a bit of a tangent.

Now, let's prepare for 2 days of players coming into the club. Huzzah!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23284 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 08:49:51 »

I do think Power genuinely believed it was an exciting thing for the club to have Sherwood on board. I applaud him for recognising something needed to be done, and I think he thinks Sherwood would have a big, positive impact. All it's done is created more scepticism.

At the end of the day we have to find a way of lashing out when we aren't doing well, it's the same at every football club. Ipswich, for example, are a club I know fairly well and they are dogshit atm. Their fans can't decide if they hate the owner or big Mick. We have an easy target for our frustration. A club in more shit than us off the field, Reading are being asset stripped left, right and centre but their fans don't give a shit because they're 3rd in the table. Same with Bury fans early in the season, they didn't seem to care that they are being run terribly, but they do now because they're shit again.

The best description I've heard of football fans are needy partners. We're a bit jilted at the moment, so we pretend we don't care so it doesn't hurt.. but we do. That's why we're on here and we check the results and we lash out. I get that some people do genuinely lose interest but I don't think the "I don't care" is true at all.

I also think that's a very good comment, and you are probably correct Tails.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23285 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 09:08:50 »

For the record I'm not disillusioned nor 'out of love' with following Swindon. Far from it.

Rumours? Anyone? No? Okay.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23286 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 09:41:56 »

I still enjoy it too - just writing less stuff as it just attracts rage.

Belgian central defender Dorian Dessoleil, according to one of those rumours tweets. Coming to the end of his contract apparently. Although club listed as having an option to extend.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23287 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 09:53:16 »

I come to this thread for rumours and end up leaving contemplating my mortality.

This is the time of year when many people get a bit angsty about things and life in general.  Hence the suicide and divorce rates soar. Clearly a few are applying this to supporting STFC, having met Fulham at the office party.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23288 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 09:55:10 »

Belgian central defender Dorian Dessoleil, according to one of those rumours tweets. Coming to the end of his contract apparently. Although club listed as having an option to extend.

Would be nice to have a Belgian at the club, actually would be nice to have anyone new!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23289 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 10:04:43 »

Would be nice to have a Belgian at the club, actually would be nice to have anyone new!

Why? You obviously rated Adrian Bakalli.  I don't think Swindon voted Brexit, to end up with a bunch of EU journeymen, because the plunge of the £ means they can earn more Euros.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #23290 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 10:55:13 »

Oh no...don't say we are now going to turn this into a Brexit page.......
Flashheart

« Reply #23291 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 10:57:24 »

I can assure you that we are not, my 'move to another thread' button is already looking good as it is.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #23292 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 11:02:27 »

Yes
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #23293 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 12:05:52 »

Decent player or otherwise, that's a nice-sounding name.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23294 on: Thursday, January 5, 2017, 12:10:26 »

It's a sorry sounding name to me

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 1552 [1553] 1554 1555 1556 ... 4030   Go Up
Print
Jump to: