Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 ... 3972   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8953703 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22950 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:43:49 »

He wouldn't get in either of those sides.

Can't see why Newcastle would be in for him. They have 4 decent keepers on their books from veteran Rob Elliot to youngster Freddie Woodman. They just signed Matz Sels who's established himself as number 1 and there's also Karl Darlow who's on a long term deal.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:02:03 by Chubbs » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22951 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:53:24 »

Can see why Newcastle would be in for him. They have 4 decent keepers on their books from veteran Rob Elliot to youngster Freddie Woodman. They just signed Matz Sels who's established himself as number 1 and there's also Karl Darlow who's on a long term deal.

Did you mean "can't see"?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22952 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:02:16 »

Did you mean "can't see"?
That's the one
corner

Ignore
« Reply #22953 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:02:48 »

Reckon we could have two or three new faces on before Friday, just a hunch
Panda Paws

« Reply #22954 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:16:47 »

Can't see why Newcastle would be in for him. They have 4 decent keepers on their books from veteran Rob Elliot to youngster Freddie Woodman. They just signed Matz Sels who's established himself as number 1 and there's also Karl Darlow who's on a long term deal.

Darlow's current number one after Sels had a wobble earlier in the year.  Still, you're point is spot on. Darlow and Woodman are both very goung for a gk and I can't see why they'd go near Vigs.

Norwich, on the other hand, have an aging John Ruddy, and sub-standard Paul Jones and flavour-of-the-month but ultimately not a top gk Michael McGovern. They do have Declan Rudd out on loan too though.

It's a weird one with GKs. Vigs isn't going to go into a Champ club as number one, realistically (although I'd have him over, say, Ikeme at Wolves or Al Habsi at Reading).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22955 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:30:16 »

Darlow's current number one after Sels had a wobble earlier in the year.  Still, you're point is spot on. Darlow and Woodman are both very goung for a gk and I can't see why they'd go near Vigs.

Norwich, on the other hand, have an aging John Ruddy, and sub-standard Paul Jones and flavour-of-the-month but ultimately not a top gk Michael McGovern. They do have Declan Rudd out on loan too though.

It's a weird one with GKs. Vigs isn't going to go into a Champ club as number one, realistically (although I'd have him over, say, Ikeme at Wolves or Al Habsi at Reading).

Don't forget Krul is also still a Newcastle player, although on loan at Ajax at the moment, suspect he would come back to be No.1 if they get promoted?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22956 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:31:55 »

Don't forget Krul is also still a Newcastle player, although on loan at Ajax at the moment, suspect he would come back to be No.1 if they get promoted?
Yes, you're right. Forgot about Krul.
Panda Paws

« Reply #22957 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:42:26 »

I think he's finished there personally, but we'll see.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22958 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:12:13 »

I think he's finished there personally, but we'll see.

Doesn't actually seem to be getting a game at Ajax anyway - if Waki is to be believed?
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #22959 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:26:25 »

Our recruitment policy looked great when we were signing promising young Spurs players - Pritchard, Mason, Byrne, Luongo - cos Power's best mate was Tim Sherwood. Sure the idea that we could polish them up a bit and flog on for a profit was a bit frustrating but we did get some pleasure from watching them develop

That was supplemented by players Luke Williams had previously coached at Brighton - Kasim, Rodgers, Branco, Barker. Some worked out and some didn't.

I'm even less convinced by our new idea which apparently involves recruiting who is mates with Jordan Stewart and Jamie Sendles White in the Northern Irish U 21 squad

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22960 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:27:58 »

His agent getting his name put out there maybe to try and get him a move before he is tarnished with a relegation on his CV.

I don't believe we have a recall clause on Belford so if Vigs did go would that push Henry to be No 1, although maybe a bit to early for him to have such pressure put on him
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #22961 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:01:38 »

Our recruitment policy looked great when we were signing promising young Spurs players - Pritchard, Mason, Byrne, Luongo - cos Power's best mate was Tim Sherwood. Sure the idea that we could polish them up a bit and flog on for a profit was a bit frustrating but we did get some pleasure from watching them develop

That was supplemented by players Luke Williams had previously coached at Brighton - Kasim, Rodgers, Branco, Barker. Some worked out and some didn't.

I'm even less convinced by our new idea which apparently involves recruiting who is mates with Jordan Stewart and Jamie Sendles White in the Northern Irish U 21 squad
Disagree a bit there. Last year we had Vigs Stewart and Williams from Liverpool and but for injuries i think we would of had a couple of those on perm deals.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22962 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:05:14 »

'Brad Barry, James Brophy and Lawrence Vigouroux have all recently been followed on Twitter by Sharpe.'

Gone are the days of calling Clubcall for 36p a minute for sure.

That headline on teletext on our Clubcall line would be something like -

'ROBINS TO SWOOP FOR NORTHERN IRISH STARLET'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22963 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:11:57 »

'ROBINS TO SWOOP FOR NORTHERN IRISH STARLET'

Too accurate, try....

'ROBINS TRACK INTERNATIONAL STAR'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22964 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:25:52 »

Too accurate, try....

'ROBINS TRACK INTERNATIONAL STAR'

Tomorrows headline in the Adver, 'Robins Swoop for Republic of Ireland International Reece Shape'
Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 ... 3972   Go Up
Print
Jump to: