Pages: 1 ... 1370 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 1376 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8990437 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20580 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 22:10:06 »

Stewart and Ojamaa? In which case Louis in for Kasim and Rodgers in Louis' place. It's a fucking bugger's muddle working out what's best to be honest.

Yeah banana has no clearance, and stewart will prob need a month to get match fit
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20581 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 22:10:49 »

Oh I call him banana because he's going to fuck oxford up the arse when we play them...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20582 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 22:55:43 »

Serious question - are we really better than last season, or are we just delighted that we might surpass our lower expectations?

Foderingham vs. Vigouroux?
Stephens vs. Branco
Tofollo vs. BOO
Traore vs. Luongo
Robert vs. Gladwin
Thomas vs. Smith
Ajose vs. Smith
Ojamaa vs. Byrne

Different formation so some of the match ups don't align with the same positions...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20583 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 23:10:15 »

My opinion:
I *think* we have better attacking options, until January anyway.

I think the jury is out on the midfield. I think it'll do well to get near our peak last year, but can hopefully supass the post Asia cup returnees slump. Louis' return helps with any worries.

The defence, I'm not convinced is any better.

Its a difficult one. Not even see Ojamaa and Jordan Stewart. And players can improve over a season (See Gladwin) so maybe..

Erm, in short, who knows!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20584 on: Friday, September 11, 2015, 23:26:05 »

Serious question - are we really better than last season, or are we just delighted that we might surpass our lower expectations?

Foderingham vs. Vigouroux?
Stephens vs. Branco
Tofollo vs. BOO
Traore vs. Luongo
Robert vs. Gladwin
Thomas vs. Smith
Ajose vs. Smith
Ojamaa vs. Byrne

Different formation so some of the match ups don't align with the same positions...

Not much to choose between any really. If we'd finished 20th last year it might be a problem
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20585 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 07:35:14 »

Lots and lots of unknowns at this point but my gut feeling is...

Defence and midfield about the same.
Up front - potentially much better.

EldeneRed

« Reply #20586 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 07:56:45 »

I agree with most of your picks, I'd go grab some goals in the first half and bring Jordan Stewart on for his debut during the second half.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #20587 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 09:37:08 »

Am I the only one who thinks Jordan Stewart will go out on loan for a bit before he's considered anywhere near ready to challenge for a place in the team? Especially with the fact we no longer have a reserve team which is how Austin bridged the match fitness issue when he was hear. It's a massive jump going from part time & training twice a week to being ready to ease into a side with genuine aspirations of promotion to the Championship.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
EldeneRed

« Reply #20588 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 09:43:22 »

Am I the only one who thinks Jordan Stewart will go out on loan for a bit before he's considered anywhere near ready to challenge for a place in the team? Especially with the fact we no longer have a reserve team which is how Austin bridged the match fitness issue when he was hear. It's a massive jump going from part time & training twice a week to being ready to ease into a side with genuine aspirations of promotion to the Championship.

I just want to see him do his goal celebration against the Oxford fans. The one where he runs the length of the pitch and taunts them.  Grin
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20589 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 10:15:11 »

Until we see him play it's impossible to judge whether he's ready or not. Chuck him in and find out.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20590 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 10:55:46 »

Out of interest, did we have a reserve team when Gladwin first joined? Just wondering really..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20591 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 10:57:59 »

Nope
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20592 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 10:59:42 »

Ok cool.. Thanks.

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #20593 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 11:32:51 »

Until we see him play it's impossible to judge whether he's ready or not. Chuck him in and find out.

Ordinarily we'd do that in the QD Paint Cup. However, seeing as we're out of the league cup and the next QDC tie is against the Pox i'd suggest that's one tie Cooper could well avoid dicking about with player formations. Otherwise i agree with you.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20594 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 11:36:04 »

He may be the new Messi, like Storey.. But he could be awful, like Austin..

Pages: 1 ... 1370 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 1376 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: