Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8978926 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20340 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 08:34:06 »

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/219797-team-of-the-season-so-farwith-a-difference/

No comments, but lots of opposition fans putting him in their team of the first half of last season, which can't be bad.  Anyway, what does FM say?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #20341 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 08:36:41 »

I would say ojamaa is Byrne's replacement
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20342 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 08:43:06 »

I quite like Power anyway, it's like he's actually trolling elements of our fanbase which they deserve!

I think the simple fact is that to many Power will (for whatever reason) never win them over.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20343 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:08:42 »

Ajose doesn't seem to be done and dusted just yet judging by this tweet:

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  · 4m4 minutes ago 
Talks to sever Ajose's #lufc contract still ongoing. Coventry and Swindon keen. Ajose could join either as a free agent outside the window.

Panda Paws

« Reply #20344 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:22:35 »

Ajose doesn't seem to be done and dusted just yet judging by this tweet:

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  · 4m4 minutes ago 
Talks to sever Ajose's #lufc contract still ongoing. Coventry and Swindon keen. Ajose could join either as a free agent outside the window.

Going to suggest BBC Wilts is a better source than anything else at the moment, our end of things anyway. They would have got that straight from Power.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #20345 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:27:38 »

Odds on a triple Thomas, Ajose, Ojamaa scarf over the head shot later  Hmmm
lambourn red

« Reply #20346 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:36:52 »

I have to agree with most if those 2 signings come off then we are looking a hell of a lot stronger than we did 24 hours ago. In fact I would say that our front line is far better than the beginning of last seasons . Williams,Smith,Storey vs Obika,Ajose,Thomas and Hylton . Losing Byrne was a blow but we all knew it was going to happen and with the Stewart and Potentially the Ojamaa signing we look stronger out wide with players that are creative. Once everyone is back fit and from internationals I believe we have a squad that is good enough to compete at least where we were last year if not higher, the biggest problem is injuries we just need a bit of luck and we should be in for a good season.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20347 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:38:32 »

Going to suggest BBC Wilts is a better source than anything else at the moment, our end of things anyway. They would have got that straight from Power.

Let's hope so.
Barry Scott

« Reply #20348 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 09:58:45 »

I wonder whether it's an Ojamaa or Ajose thing, because we rarely play 2 strikers and Ojamaa doesn't like being out on the wing, where he's spent most of his time, and wants to play up front.

So how do we accommodate, Obika, Ajose, Thomas, Ojamaa and Hylton into a front line with an attacking and almost interchangeable set of attacking mids sat behind of: Stewart, Balmy and Robert. It's giving us a number of options and one I'm puzzled by. And I might add, excited by.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #20349 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:02:11 »

Not sure the Ajose thing can happen. Unless his release from Leeds was agreed prior to the transfer window closing then according to the FL rules he can't sign for anyone else until January. His only way out before then would be an emergency loan. Since we already have 5, the maximum that can be named in a matchday squad, it seems unlikely
Barry Scott

« Reply #20350 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:05:20 »

Doesn't matter when his release is. The transfer window applies to transfers and if a player is released, he's unattached, therefore not subject to a transfer, so free to join anyone. At least that's my understanding of it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20351 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:07:18 »

Not sure the Ajose thing can happen. Unless his release from Leeds was agreed prior to the transfer window closing then according to the FL rules he can't sign for anyone else until January. His only way out before then would be an emergency loan. Since we already have 5, the maximum that can be named in a matchday squad, it seems unlikely

As ever with STFC best to wait, for a shirt/scarf on pitch pic, and then remain sceptical. 

Look at Balmy, here's a fella Oxford didn't rate, who we didn't rate at the weekend who's now apparently signed.
lambourn red

« Reply #20352 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:10:28 »

Doesn't matter when his release is. The transfer window applies to transfers and if a player is released, he's unattached, therefore not subject to a transfer, so free to join anyone. At least that's my understanding of it.
That is also my understandung of it , if his contract is cancelled he is a free agent and is free to sign for anyone immediately.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20353 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:18:55 »

The BBC site said his contract was cancelled before deadline day.

Quote from: BBC Sport
Ajose, 23, joined Leeds in August last year but was released by the Championship side on Monday after making just four appearances.

What kind of amateur outfit do you think we are? ManU?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20354 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 10:20:37 »

Quote from: Summerof69
Wonder of we had to pay to get Leeds to release him.  understandable if so
Doubt it as that would be a transfer fee.

Ajose and Leeds would have to come to a mutual decision to release him from his contract.

it wouldn't be the first time a player was released but we helped it happen financially. struggling to remember who it was though, quite recently - maybe ferry or caddis.

it doesn't matter, as long as it happens.
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: