Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973458 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17910 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:57:59 »

With the court case costs, as Jed lost and Power won, why has Power not recovered all costs from Jed? I don't get this bit.

If Jed was taking money out of the club illegally, why has Power or any other officer of the club not gone after him? There are meant to be rules in place on company directors and the decisions they take for the business.

What is the point of suing Jed when he has not got a pot to piss in? You'll be throwing more money down the drain.

Say Power won his court action, all Jed will hve to do is say he'd bankrupt to a court, and there goes any chance of Power getting any money back...plus he will still have to pay his court costs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17911 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:01:41 »

We have lots of reinvestment to do outside of the playing squad. Training ground, facilities, ground renewal etc. It's not ridiculous for Power to be playing the long game with fees and sticking then away to build up so we have a rainy day reserve to call on instead of him having to dip into his pocket again. After the debts to black, power etc. are paid off, only then will we be truly on an even keel.

I have faith in the staff we have to unearth more gems. The players being drooled over by other teams is testament to that.
Flashheart

« Reply #17912 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:02:42 »

Does anybody have a transfer rumour? A made up one would do.
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #17913 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:05:10 »

What is the point of suing Jed when he has not got a pot to piss in? You'll be throwing more money down the drain.

Say Power won his court action, all Jed will hve to do is say he'd bankrupt to a court, and there goes any chance of Power getting any money back...plus he will still have to pay his court costs.

Why would he not have a pot to piss in if he'd taken money out of the club, putting us back into debt again after Black wrote the debts off? Anyway, I've no idea whether he did or not. No more on this debate from me. I was just disappointed to read that the transfer proceeds would be used to write off debts that I thought had disappeared a while ago.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #17914 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:07:46 »

All this knocking of Power and money is a bit silly in my opinion.  He came in, took Jed on and won - and where would we be now if the reverse had happened (administration would be the best we could hope for!) and has subsequently kept the club afloat by using his own money, who can blame him if some of it was re-paid.  Do not forget that long after he had left the club Fitton got some money out of subsequent transfers!  It's all bloody complicated and in truth we will never know the complete answer - nor are we entitled to in my opinion (although I would agree that it would be nice to know)!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17915 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:07:54 »

Teddy Sheringham as player/manager
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #17916 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:08:40 »

Henna as a short term answer?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17917 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:10:15 »

Take your pick - cool names only. Tomas Zazrivec gets my vote.

There's a Cowans in there who must be a product of Gordon.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ReservesTeam
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17918 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:50:51 »

I'm really hoping that we sign a Norwegian this year.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17919 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:52:21 »

I'm really hoping that we sign a Norwegian this year.

Any young decent cheap free ones you can point the club to ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17920 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 18:57:07 »

byrne is also a better player than gladwin imo

Apparently spurs get 50% of any fee we sell Byrne for, like Luongo so I'd be looking at at least 750k

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #17921 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 19:05:13 »

With the court case costs, as Jed lost and Power won, why has Power not recovered all costs from Jed? I don't get this bit.

Because Power didn't 'win'. Well, he did initially, but Jed appealed the judgment, then they settled before the appeal was heard. So nobody 'won'.

Power did have an order against Jed for the costs of the first hearing and the proceedings leading up to it, but this would almost certainly have been included in whatever settlement agreement they came to.

Precisely what the terms of settlement were we'll probably never know (aside from that Power retained the club, obviously) so pointless speculating really.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 29, 2015, 19:09:43 by manc_red » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17922 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 19:19:40 »

Apparently spurs get 50% of any fee we sell Byrne for, like Luongo so I'd be looking at at least 750k
Needs another combined transfer to get the fee down a bit... possibly find someone who wants Byrne and Agombar - £2m the pair would be fine.
Flashheart

« Reply #17923 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 19:25:40 »

Needs another combined transfer to get the fee down a bit... possibly find someone who wants Byrne and Agombar - £2m the pair would be fine.

100k for Byrne, 1.9 Mil for Agombar,

Sounds fair to me.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #17924 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 20:26:43 »

The fact is no-one really knows what truth there is behind any of these figures that are banded about casually - what has been put in, what loans have been made, and what has already been taken out. Anyone seen any accounts recently?

I guess it's why a lot of supporters trusts want to run their football clubs. Break-even means break-even and no-one taking any money out, hence more chance of success on the playing side.

Did anyone actually walk on the moon ?
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: